Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Young Justice Season 3 CONFIRMED!

I donno how many other people here absolutely LOVED Young Justice and was devastated with how Cartoon Network canceled (And then subsequently let Teen Titans Go bastardize and mock YJ fans with their "crossover" episode) it after the Season 2 finale cliffhanger/bombshell, but it was confirmed that all the fan backlash and support finally resulted in production on Season 3 being confirmed.

No word on when its happening or what network its on (Just do Netflix and screw CN after the bullshit they pulled if they can), but its a victory for all of us who absolutely adored this fantastic animated show! And they're bringing back all of the creative people behind the show as well. So excited!

WB Animation notes that more details, including where the new episodes will air and a premiere date, will be revealed later, but production is now beginning on the third season, which promises “new twists, turns and dangerous new threats for the team, but most importantly, the opportunity for fans to finally continue the adventures of some of their favorite Super Heroes.”

“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, in a statement. "We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”

Original Young Justice producers Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman: Doomsday) and Greg Weisman (Star Wars Rebels, Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man) have both returned to the series for the new episodes.

Centered on young DC Comics heroes like Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash and Miss Martian, Young Justice’s first two seasons aired from 2011 until 2013 on Cartoon Network. Despite critical acclaim and a passionate core fanbase, the series was cancelled – with Weisman eventually confirming reports that disappointing sales for tie-in Young Justice toys (expected to be a major part of probability for the series) were a major factor in the decision. In the years since Young Justice ended – and with its availability on Netflix still gaining it new viewers - many fans have noted how much they’d like to see it return, with Weisman often echoing their sentiments on Twitter.

Warner Bros. Animation’s official synopsis reads, “In Young Justice, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in a world of super powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. Used strategically as the secret covert weapon of the Justice League, Nightwing, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and a host of others strive to prove to their legendary mentors, as well as to themselves, that they have what it takes to be heroes.”
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...g-for-season-3

I'm so damn happy now.

I am freaking out right now! So pumped!

- - - Updated - - -

Like theres a permanent smile on my face

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this for real? Don't play with me

Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Is this for real? Don't play with me
    Its real and true.

bout time.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank god, if there was ever one show that was so badly mistreated into cancellation (it would be Firefly but I digress) it was Young Justice. Glad it's coming back. Super happy
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I wonder what they will do to generate revenue outside of toy sales since poor toy sales was why it was cancelled. Maybe they will target girls with their merchandise or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wonder what they will do to generate revenue outside of toy sales since poor toy sales was why it was cancelled. Maybe they will target girls with their merchandise or something.

Mobile gaming with micro-transactions would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    thank god, if there was ever one show that was so badly mistreated into cancellation (it would be Firefly but I digress) it was Young Justice. Glad it's coming back. Super happy
    More than just mistreated into cancellation, but the just...flagrant disrespect for the fans of YJ AND TT on the abortion that was the Teen Titans Go "crossover" episode, basically mocking people that wanted YJ for its seriousness and TT for...not being awful TTG.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people are hoping they just go to Netflix so its not AS big of an issue. Since Netflix is basically the reason why its coming back, due to both seasons appearing on Netflix and becoming really popular again.

I didn't realize Greg Weisman was at Blizzcon. I was thinking about going to that panel he was at too. :/

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    IDK, I liked the first season of Young Justice, but I thought the second season was very "Meh". I found the whole Blue Beetle character and story (which was most of the season) extremely dull, the new Robin also very dull compared to the previous Robin, and losing one of the only entertaining characters (Kid Flash) just kind of killed my enjoyment. The introduction of Beast Boy was about the only thing good to come out of season 2 IMO.

I actually really liked season 2, especially where they went with Aqualad.

Wow I clicked this to bitch about it being a mean tease thread and... It's true? Awesome.

I think season 2 faltered because they were being cancelled. The last few episodes ended the slow burn and sped things up too much. I did love the portrayal of Luthor Savage and the rest of the villains throughout both episodes. The long game they were playing was great, and I can't wait to see where it leads in S3!

So sick of people hating on teen titans go. The people who make teen titans go are some of the people who fought hardest within warner brother to bring young justice back.

Teen titans go has some of the best parody of both comics and comics fandom and it's the most popular children's show in the world for a reason. It's not bad and it has nothing to do with young justice getting cancelled. Young justice was cancelled because the largest part of its viewership base were young girls and older people and it's toys didn't sell.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of teen titans go. Worst show I have ever seen and I weep for the kids who will never know anything more than this crap.

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of teen titans go. Worst show I have ever seen and I weep for the kids who will never know anything more than this crap.
    teen titans go is like a love letter to all things cheesy in comics. i dont see how anyone can like comic book characters and not appreciate teen titans go.

- - - Updated - - -

Teen titans go had an episode where cyborg used the green lantern ring to summon the god damn golden girls.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm so hyped I don't know how I am going to last till this comes out! And netflix no longer has Young justice available in Canada

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    teen titans go is like a love letter to all things cheesy in comics. i dont see how anyone can like comic book characters and not appreciate teen titans go.

- - - Updated - - -

Teen titans go had an episode where cyborg used the green lantern ring to summon the god damn golden girls.
    That was... cringey as fuck.

Just started watching Young Justice on Netflix after this was announced. 6 episodes in and I'm hooked for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    necro but i can't find any release date for it? any news ppl? I've watched both seasons a million times now while waiting for the third