Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best Balance Druid trinkets for now(M+, EN, Karazahan, ToV) ?

As in topic Now I have Naraxxas and Swarm from Nythe... Is there something changed after adding trinkets from ToV ?? Thx for a little help

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the int/haste trinket for heavy aoe/m+. I'm not sure how it compares to +10 horn etc tho.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I have also a question about trinkets, felt like answering in this post other than making yet another thread. Right now I have got the following trinkets:

Bough of Corruption 865ilvl
    Twisting Nether 865ilvl
    Corrupted Starlight 865ilvl+socket
    Eye of Skovald 840ilvl
    Swarming Plaguehive 835ilvl

My question is, which two should I be using in M+ and EN/ToV? At the moment I'm using the Plaguehive+Bough, and to those answers to sim them, I have tried install and run both SimC and AMR, but for some wierd reason, I haven't got them to work, I always get an error about some dll file, which I have tried to install manually but it doesn't have worked out. Thanks in advance to the help and advise!

@Polotin - here's a video that shows how to compare 2 items (or all of your trinkets) on AMR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV6CbgliKk

When you just do those simple trinket sims, you don't even need to download a client, just run it on the website. If you need any extra help, just let me know
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Polotin - here's a video that shows how to compare 2 items (or all of your trinkets) on AMR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV6CbgliKk

When you just do those simple trinket sims, you don't even need to download a client, just run it on the website. If you need any extra help, just let me know

lol you mean the site that still has twisting wind as top 3 :P
    Last edited by Zan15; 2016-11-09 at 09:45 PM.

@Zan15 give me your character name and realm - I'll run some tests. I compared Twisting wind in our sims to logs to find the averages. It's very well tuned and researched, but always happy to look at another case to see how the rankings are. I'd need a couple of your logs

A lot of the other theorycrafters were basing Twisting Wind rankings in SimC on an implementation that had only 50% of the tornadoes hitting (and to be fair, we had it too high the first week of raids too). I shared my log-research with them and they updated it in SimC to 70% of tornadoes. So make sure any trinket lists you are looking at are recently updated to reflect that change.

Twisting wind is garbage. Single target it does like 2% of your damage and the int doesnt make up for it. Simcraft has it right.

@MV Kaa - If I can see someone showing a sim or ranking on our site that is wrong for Twisting Wind, I will look into it. For now, I see the 865 Twisting Wind on a generic character for ST ranked like this:

1. Unstable Arcanocrystal
    2. Swarming Plaguehive
    5. Twisting Wind

And I just checked sim results against some ursoc druid logs and it looks correct. Twisting wind comparison:
    Example sim 1.9% of total damage. Sim dmg is 437,794 DPS.
    Corresponding log did 2.0% of total dmg. Log dmg is 343,496 DPS.

Example 2 sim - 1.4% of total damage. Sim damage is 428,487 DPS.
    Corresponding log - 1.24% of total dmg. Log damage is 428,902 DPS.

Still experimenting with a 860 socketed Aran's Relaxing Ruby from Kara for AoEing packs (which sims extremely low).
    It's painful when it procs on the last mob of a pack, but it's awesome when you get it early, basically 500k on all mobs for my 860ish ilvl.
    So far I feel the significant gain on some packs offsets the moderate loss you get when it doesn't proc well when compared to other choices.

In answer to op :
    Nothing interesting for boomies in ToV except Helya's trinket if you get it with haste.
    Same goes for Karazhan, they don't seem to be competitive enough to beat PH or UA. Naraxxas is better in raids than dungeons, due to it's range mechanic.

Deleted
    @Polotin - here's a video that shows how to compare 2 items (or all of your trinkets) on AMR

Thanks mate! Really appreciate the help!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    The ToV trinket's have changed almost nothing, as said above "Helya's with haste" that is op op and would def be a great item

top trinkets are still
    -Swarm
    -Naraxxas
    -stormsinger
    -unstable arcane crystal

Few people are talking about the Stormsinger which is very odd seeing as you can snapshot mastery, with the legendary helm you can snapshot 6k+ mastery for about ~50%+stellar empower % bonus
    I'd def say best trinkets for ST are by far stormsinger and unstable arcane crystal

Snapshotting was fixed with 7.1...

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    Snapshotting was fixed with 7.1...
    Fuck, I was wondering why my dps has gone down...
    Swarm and unstable arcane crystal probably take the top trinkets then

I have

840 Naraxxas w/ Socket
    845 Shock Baton
    865 Stat Stick w/ Haste
    865 Aran's
    870 Swarm

Currently using Naraxxas/Swarm or Arans/Swarm for AOE/close range.

Arans feels on par with the Naraxxas tho if not better.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimjeh View Post
    I have

840 Naraxxas w/ Socket
    845 Shock Baton
    865 Stat Stick w/ Haste
    865 Aran's
    870 Swarm

Currently using Naraxxas/Swarm or Arans/Swarm for AOE/close range.

Arans feels on par with the Naraxxas tho if not better.
    Arans is a direct upgrade to Naraxxas (unless you don't have a socket for the epic gem)
    Should use Arans and Swarm, though stat stick w/ haste could be better for ST (Not sure, sim it)

Not really on topic but I'd like to share my sadness after losing Swarming Plaguehive to a Ret Paladin. Paladins using caster gear? Is this BC? Apparently many ret abilities are classified as spells.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Not really on topic but I'd like to share my sadness after losing Swarming Plaguehive to a Ret Paladin. Paladins using caster gear? Is this BC? Apparently many ret abilities are classified as spells.
    I believe it could be for every class i suppose since everyone uses damaging spells, but to account for auto attacks a caster should get priority xD
    I'm sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    I feel your sadness. An 880 version dropped and it went to a 10% percentile fire mage over me (95%+ percentile balance druid) because "it was a bigger ilvl upgrade for him". Real leader has no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Still experimenting with a 860 socketed Aran's Relaxing Ruby from Kara for AoEing packs (which sims extremely low).
    It's painful when it procs on the last mob of a pack, but it's awesome when you get it early, basically 500k on all mobs for my 860ish ilvl.
    So far I feel the significant gain on some packs offsets the moderate loss you get when it doesn't proc well when compared to other choices.
    It's beyond amazing for Mythic+. My balance druid pulls ~375K-450K dps for overall damage in 8+ mythics depending on the dungeon with flame wreath making up 10-15% of my damage.

Deleted
    @Polotin - here's a video that shows how to compare 2 items (or all of your trinkets) on AMR wwwyoutubecom/watch?v=MWV6CbgliKk

I ran the sims, and was actually surprised that i got most dps out of those trinkets with Bough+Twisting Nether. Even tho it's 30ilvl higher than the Plaguehive I have, I thought the plaguehive would be better But, thanks for the help there, now I don't have to be asking around what trinket to use, when one happens to drop for me