Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Argus - what does it look like?

So with us all but confirmed to go to argus in a future patch, i cant help but wonder what itll look like. First of all, i doubt we'll see the whole planet and all the continents but probably a zone or 2 or who knows something cool. Either way knowing that it is/was the homeworld of the draenei one would think it would be full of technologies weve never seen, cities of knowdledge, beautiful crystals here and there, but also knowing that thats the where the legion base is, i cant help but wonder if itll look like mardunn. I for one cannot stand another sight of more green and black broken world themeed places, and if that is what its going to be.. well fml..

so what do u guys think itll be?

Deleted
    i imagine a lot like the broken shore, which is referred to by blizz as a demon city.

maybe alot like netherstorm too, but green isntead of purple, and with soul engines/world portals instead of mana forges.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Imagine an HD version of the Exodar, only black and green instead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i imagine a lot like the broken shore.
    So black and green terrain that produces headaches due to eyestrain.

I can't wait.

Deleted
    cuz u know one would imagine that going to a diff planet, we would see completey new stuff completey new shit and cool places, not the same green and black broken shore/demon hunter starting zone stuff :/

but that could be just me

I doubt much of the original draenei structures is still left in tact, its all corrupted and destroyed. Which is also why an entire expansion on there is extremely unlikely - it would be a depressing world full of legion and only legion.

So, much like the Legion-infested areas in Azsuna and broken shore maybe. Draenei/Eredar-ish inspired structures but in full fel corruption.

The demon hunter starting zone already gave you a preview of what a demon world looks like.

Deleted
    yea thought so :/ thats exactly what i dont want, cuz then i dont feel like im going to a new planet, but oh well..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Illidan novel describes Kil'jaedens Throne to be built upon a plateu of giant crystals and Mac'Aree (the capital) to still be a thing, though obviously completely corrupted.

If I'd have to say it will look like the Exodar but in a complete contrast in terms of color.

Deleted
    thats cool, as long as there is something there telling us its argus and not just another demon hunter zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why you're even worried rofl. Blizzard has some of the best level designers.

Deleted
    idk, its just a feeling, u know the one chance we get to go to argus and it looks exactly like a broken shore, i wouldnt be the onyl one dissapointed. Im well aaware how talented blizz is, We'll see

I, for one, really like the fel infested/broken world theme, but to each their own. I also main a Havoc DH. Been waiting for DH since TBC so no surprise there. I think it'll deviate moderately from being completely identical to broken shore and fel areas here on Azeroth. I'm confident they'll make it look badass, regardless.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So black and green terrain that produces headaches due to eyestrain.

I can't wait.
    Sounds like you need to get your eyes tested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    So with us all but confirmed to go to argus in a future patch, i cant help but wonder what itll look like. First of all, i doubt we'll see the whole planet and all the continents but probably a zone or 2 or who knows something cool. Either way knowing that it is/was the homeworld of the draenei one would think it would be full of technologies weve never seen, cities of knowdledge, beautiful crystals here and there, but also knowing that thats the where the legion base is, i cant help but wonder if itll look like mardunn. I for one cannot stand another sight of more green and black broken world themeed places, and if that is what its going to be.. well fml..

so what do u guys think itll be?
    It's the home of the corrupted Eredar. It's their place. I reckon it's heavily influenced by that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the Draenei architecture we already know how they look. Karabor and Shatarrah in WoD are prime examples of their architecture. Exodar on the other hand is part of the Tempest Keep fortress which is a Naaru vessel.

I would assume Argus architecture now would be a mixture of Demon architecture as seen in Legion and more corrupted versions of the Draenei structures as seen in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Sounds like you need to get your eyes tested.
    I have, they are fine, bright green on a dark background is definitely not good for eyeballs.

Green... Just a lot of green.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    cuz u know one would imagine that going to a diff planet, we would see completey new stuff completey new shit and cool places, not the same green and black broken shore/demon hunter starting zone stuff :/

but that could be just me
    Same ! Please no Broken Shore v2. No more green and black. I'm sure they wouldn't do that ... Would they? :-/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    I am sure Blizzard will do a pink and full of rainbow planet just because you (and with you i mean 3 or 4 posters out of million players) don't like green and black!