Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Waiting for Nost 2.0 :>

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    You're definately allowed to have your opinion. I haven't even stated mine, but a lot of people (not saying you) somehow believe that Blizzard changed and homogenized their world out of the blue but that's not the case. It's the players and the players only that have decided that these changes have been brought.
    It think way too much credit is given to the "Blizzard did what the player's wanted" excuse. Its at best, only remotely true or only a small part of the reason why the game went where it did. Blizzard went that route due to cost savings and development time savings. Simplified and homogenized game mechanics = less time and cost to develop.It just happened to coincide with what *some* players wanted at the time.

So make no mistake, this was a deliberate thing on Blizzards part based on minimizing development cost and maximizing profit margins (not shocking for a corporation to do this, right?), which yes, was reinforced by *some* players crying for simplification.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2016-11-10 at 04:28 PM.

I wanted to like mythic + dungeons, but after the second week they just felt like a grind. I don't find this "to completed level 8, now do level 9!" as progress fun. I love raiding and it is why I play the game. Like all expansions, there is nothing outside of raids for me.

8 hours a day? Yea I'd say it's burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    I wanted to like mythic + dungeons, but after the second week they just felt like a grind. I don't find this "to completed level 8, now do level 9!" as progress fun. I love raiding and it is why I play the game. Like all expansions, there is nothing outside of raids for me.
    The game feels more grindy than ever. I haven't raided this expansion, but raids in general have lost their "magic" for a long time now. IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    The game feels more grindy than ever. I haven't raided this expansion, but raids in general have lost their "magic" for a long time now. IMO of course.
    I have fun just because I get to play with all my mates at once to overcome a challenge. It is that simple for me.

Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    how did you manage to do emissary every day and not get bored ... I've done a total of like 10 emissary quests during the entirety of legion so far across all my toons and I can't stand doing more than the weekly boss usually (and end up having to kill it like 5x because it's bugged)

dunno legion isn't very enjoyable apart from a couple mythics, pvp is dull and not fun plus questing is boring once you've done it the first time ...

legion is a massive grind nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Waiting for Nost 2.0 :>
    Because replaying old content wont deter burn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freqs View Post
    I found myself playing WoW 8+ hours a day after legion launched til about end of October. I have 4 alts level 110, 860+ ilvl. I use to do emissary cache everyday, lfr, normal, heroic EN, rated pvp weekly for every character. Now, this past week, I found myself barely playing more than 2+ hours a day now. Stopped doing the emissary for 2 of the 4 characters, stopped doing LFR/normals EN, and never planning to run karazhan ever again.

Is this a case of burnout? Do you guys see yourself playing the game less and less? Am I just tired of the grind legion provides (repeatable WQ/mythic+/etc)?

This is the same thing that happened in WoD as well. I stopped playing after a month in, but a lot faster (after the release of normal/heroic high maul raid).
    I'm not. At work I daydream about playing WoW, I cant wait to sink my characters teeth into that sweet sweet content. In fact, I log in and I don't even know what to do first as there is so much for me to do. Its like TBC all over again!

Sorry but 8 hours a day nearly every day and doing the same thing will cause burn out. Nobody to blame but yourself for not playing in moderation.

OP you play way too much IMO. I think you would get bured out on any game you played that much. I get to play about 1/3 of that and am still loving legion.

Deleted
    I played a lot the first 2 weeks. But after that I took it slow, if you had done the same you would not be burned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Because replaying old content wont deter burn out.
    Nope, not when it takes forever to clear it/get to the point of raiding. c:

Just take a break whenever you feel bored play something else it's normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rackoon View Post
    Just take a break whenever you feel bored play something else it's normal.
    so many people don't understand that you dont have to play wow full time. take a break and come back to it.

sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    Hi

I've gotten pretty bored of the current content we have. Playing my alts is still fun but i'm only on my main for raiding and dailies- I mean World Quests. Mythic+ is something I just don't do anymore because if i'm not raiding I want to chill and don't want to be tryharding in a dungeon while on a timer. It's just stressful and none of my friends play wow so I can't even do it with them.

Dungeons have always been kind of boring to me and since they seem to be a big focus of Legion I guess it makes sense that i'm getting bored. It would be better if literally all the gear from Emerald Nightmare and Trials of Valor didn't totally suck. But since I basically have to do Mythic+ to gear up anymore and I don't really have time for them i've just become bored.

I log in, do my daily stuff and then log out and play something else. If I couldn't pay for my subscription with gold I probably wouldn't be playing Legion at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I'm not a raider at all, my "end game" is WQs, heroics, questing and LFR. In MoP, this (excepting WQs of course) was more than enough for me and I was happy as a clam because it still took time to gear up to the maximum that that content allowed. In fact, by the end of MoP I was still chasing some xmogs and even gear upgrades.

In Legion, though, out of all those forms of content it's the WQs that grant the best gear. Andt it grants that gear WAY too fast. I've gotten my main to 856 this way (thanks Legendary legs!) and my alt to 849 and now ... there's nothing left for me to really do. I've tried out Mythics and find doing the same dungeons again boring and it's not even for better gear. Mythic+ and organized raiding holds no appeal for me.

So I just wish that WQs didn't reward such high level gear so fast because it's left me with no reason to do heroics or LFR or really anything other than WQs for the slight chance of war/titanforged items.

So yeah, I'm getting bored as well because there's no longer a sense of progression for me in my chosen content. I'd be much happier if WQs awarded gear on the level of heroics and left LFR as my "grind" like it was in MoP.
    There's always Karazhan, but that dungeon is more like a TBC heroic or Vanilla 1.0 dungeon heh.