10+ Year Old Account

Dual screen and task bar

I have a weird issue.
    I run a dual screen setup, and everytime i focus on my secondary screen the taskbar pops up on my main, where i run wow.
    It's not a super big deal but it's annoying when i stream, anyone knows why?

A friend of mine with a similar setup and a similar GPU have no problems

I run an nvidia gtx 960 with 2 asus connected via HDMI + DVI

Thank you!

This more or less has to do with the options your operating system has. What OS are you both running?

Just move the task bar to the other monitor by clicking and dragging it over there. If you can't, just right click somewhere on it and unlock it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    This more or less has to do with the options your operating system has. What OS are you both running?
    Windows 7 SP2 i guess, exactly like he has :°(

Might not have Lathais' option in Windows 7. Windows 8.x and above have the multiple options for multi-display task bars that Windows 7 does not. I don't think there's a way around this aside from upgrading Windows, or, downloading a 3rd party tool.

Might not have Lathais' option in Windows 7. Windows 8.x and above have the multiple options for multi-display task bars that Windows 7 does not. I don't think there's a way around this aside from upgrading Windows, or, downloading a 3rd party tool.
    The option is there in XP, Vista 8, 8.1 and 10, not sure why it wouldn't be in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The option is there in XP, Vista 8, 8.1 and 10, not sure why it wouldn't be in 7.
    You're probably right, I havent used 7 in quite a few years now, XP even longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    But a friend of mine, with win 7 and no addons, don't have this issue -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    But a friend of mine, with win 7 and no addons, don't have this issue -.-
    Are you using chrome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox :-\
    I've seen several ppl with the same problem, but i didnt find any post with a solution on the interwebz

Firefox :-\
    I've seen several ppl with the same problem, but i didnt find any post with a solution on the interwebz
    Try right clicking on your taskbar and click (Lock all Taskbars) should be unchecked. Not sure if it's the same on windows 7 or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Try right clicking on your taskbar and click (Lock all Taskbars) should be unchecked. Not sure if it's the same on windows 7 or not.
    I have that option but doesnt do anything about this
    Booo

You're probably right, I havent used 7 in quite a few years now, XP even longer.
    I never used 7 myself, so I can't say for sure it was there, but here at work we still have a few XP machines and I went and hooked a second monitor up to one to test it just to be sure I wasn't talking out of my ass, and it worked. I see no reason why they would have removed this option and put it back in.

- - - Updated - - -

I have that option but doesnt do anything about this
    Booo
    Not sure about 7, but you should also be able to right click the task bar and go to properties. There should be an option for Auto-hide the task bar, along with a few other settings. Try that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auto hide works, but i want the bar to be visible when i dont play wow fullscreen windowed or any other game :\

I still think the dual task bars, with interactive icons on taskbar 2 is only available in 8+, granted you could be able to pick and choose where it goes with 7, the interactive taskbar2 comes with 8+

I have Windows 7 and I just tried to unlock the task bar and drag it to my second monitor, and it moved over. Unlock and drag&drop.

Auto hide works, but i want the bar to be visible when i dont play wow fullscreen windowed or any other game :\
    Hmm, well, a little bit og googling found that a few people fixed this issue by opening the task manager and scrolling down to Windows processes and finding explorer.exe and restarting it. After doing that, they no longer had the problem. Some other people also said closing battle.net after launching WoW fixed it. Worth a shot I guess. If that doesn't work, some people mentioned right clicking desktop and going to Screen Resolution and there should be an option somewhere there for making text larger or smaller. Changing that made the issue stop for some.