Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    At 2200+ FDK made it to rank one within a few days (highest DPS representation) and WW is second best. Lets see what the nerfs will do... if they'll do anything at all.

I think FDK still will be up there in the ranks, they are still very strong, but arms warriors should climb now with the recent buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just chiming in with the debate about zerg/duel thing going in. In my book the best class for random BG is a class which can take on many other classes in a 1v1 situation or retreat. But that's just my opinion.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    Just chiming in with the debate about zerg/duel thing going in. In my book the best class for random BG is a class which can take on many other classes in a 1v1 situation or retreat. But that's just my opinion.
    Yeh I agree with you, but to each it will be a bit different, it is all about what is more important to a player? Being a good group/support class that can have a big influence on a game outcome towards a win or having the most Killing Blows while having 0 death, the latte is my definition of a good solo que, hence i think WW/Ret are the best, but if a player's definition is closer to the 1st one then a class like FDK/Boomy/Rogue (FC) can be better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even with all the nerfs WW is still a great solo spec. Good offensive and defensive CDs, offhealing, probably the best mobility out of all melees (even better than DH since we actually can get out of snares and roots), great burst and CC and the ever useful teleport switch.

Running into the enemy base in Warsong, placing a spirit on the balcony above the flag room, jumping down, grabbing the flag and instantly teleporting back up before the Allies even realize the flag is gone never gets old.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    but you get to wear plate and destroy the WW if he ever tries to ninja cap!

You keep saying this as if plate offers any sort of advantage in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    At 2200+ FDK made it to rank one within a few days (highest DPS representation) and WW is second best. Lets see what the nerfs will do... if they'll do anything at all.
    I hope FDK stays up there. Should have never been nerfed and I would like to see all the whiners continue their bitchfest even AFTER they get a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Zergs? you mean in random BG ? I am sure a monk can escape a zerg does ret, i can pop bubble/ steed and ppl will leave me alone. I was talking mobility wise if 2-3 ppl jump OP, he has better chances escaping if playing WW, WW has a superior mobility to Ret by far in PvP, since no class can slow down MM, unlike Ret whose freedom you can ss/purge/dispell and snare steed.

Fun is all perspective to each is his own, for Ret is most Fun but speaking strictly from PvP pov, WW outshines Ret by far in my opinion, especially when it comes to rated or 1v1.

I wouldnt que moonkin as solo, 2 many classes rape boomies 1v1, DH,Ret,WW,Feral, Enh and others
    i was strictly talking about random bg zergs, especially the bigger ones you face in IoC and AV. I do not consider melees very useful here same counts for ashran. You have more escape tools with a ww and ret than some other melees perhaps have. But you will deal usually no dmg while escaping and your def cds are limited. I do not think zergish bgs are made for melees, except the small ones like warsong with flags. Also pointing out, in random bgs unlike rbgs, you as a melee you are always the nr1 target no matter what. Random bg players often ignore healers and casters in behind the frontline. At least in better designed zerg bgs like AV you can defend a tower. But IoC is a disaster so is Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i was strictly talking about random bg zergs, especially the bigger ones you face in IoC and AV. I do not consider melees very useful here same counts for ashran. You have more escape tools with a ww and ret than some other melees perhaps have. But you will deal usually no dmg while escaping and your def cds are limited. I do not think zergish bgs are made for melees, except the small ones like warsong with flags. Also pointing out, in random bgs unlike rbgs, you as a melee you are always the nr1 target no matter what. Random bg players often ignore healers and casters in behind the frontline. At least in better designed zerg bgs like AV you can defend a tower. But IoC is a disaster so is Ashran.
    100% agree with the bold part. I never play AV/IoC since Wrath when i got my battle master title :P. But yes speaking strictly from defending a nod @ a random bg vs Multiple targets, Ret is superior to the other 2 specs. But persoanlly i never defend, i just Kill EFC/ cap flags or farm hks, i never play defensively

In my exp (on US horde side) in random BGs pugs usually focus healers pretty quickly unless its EOTs and there is a chocke @ flag.

I wouldnt que moonkin as solo, 2 many classes rape boomies 1v1, DH,Ret,WW,Feral, Enh and others
    http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=RBG

thats nothing in comparission whats happening on the 3vs3 ladder no dd has such a lead on a rated ladder anywhere and the same shows in random bgs.

as for 1vs1, in the unbalanced world of 1vs1 if it exist at all......lets call it wpvp. Moonkin is one of the best - again, the burst is nonhealable and kills in like 5 seconds pretty reliable, while this thing ist still highly mobile and use selfheals, that are too strong in uncontrolled pvp environments. Tried & tested. Especially a melee can easily oneshot his/herself with melee attacks due to the nature of how starsurge proccs.

might be different if you mean 1vs1 with arena rules and stat templates, but it hardly exists.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=RBG

thats nothing in comparission whats happening on the 3vs3 ladder no dd has such a lead on a rated ladder anywhere and the same shows in random bgs.

as for 1vs1, in the unbalanced world of 1vs1 if it exist at all......lets call it wpvp. Moonkin is one of the best - again, the burst is nonhealable and kills in like 5 seconds pretty reliable, while this thing ist still highly mobile and use selfheals, that are too strong in uncontrolled pvp environments. Tried & tested. Especially a melee can easily oneshot his/herself with melee attacks due to the nature of how starsurge proccs.

might be different if you mean 1vs1 with arena rules and stat templates, but it hardly exists.
    I know boomies are good in RBGs/arena :P but OP asked about solo que

I know boomies are good in RBGs/arena :P but OP asked about solo que
    they are good and incredible fun in solo que bgs and if something goes wrong there is always stealth.

wws, dks and so on melees alltogether are totally overrated, i dunno what it is, maybe that big stick in front of the character that drive people crazy.

i qued once in wod solo with a shadow priest into highmaul arena fought a group that played together, while having only humble pvp gear and won the event.

non of my melees could achieve the same thing as easily, because again, you get picked by range dds, get their burst/kite programm and die in the focus fire, that you will not see in solo que as rdd in anything that looks like a zergfest. People always targeting that funny looking owl or healers are really the exception here at the EU realms at least. I am happy if half my team are not bots/leechers in a random bg.

Solo que just does not mean you get a 1vs1, it always means x vs more.

Melees are best at 1vs1, especially rogues, rets, ww monks but thats not how it works.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-11-04 at 01:13 AM.

they are good and incredible fun in solo que bgs and if something goes wrong there is always stealth.

wws, dks and so on melees alltogether are totally overrated, i dunno what it is, maybe that big stick in front of the character that drive people crazy.

i qued once in wod solo with a shadow priest into highmaul arena fought a group that played together, while having only humble pvp gear and won the event.

non of my melees could achieve the same thing as easily, because again, you get picked by range dds, get their burst/kite programm and die in the focus fire, that you will not see in solo que as rdd in anything that looks like a zergfest. People always targeting that funny looking owl or healers are really the exception here at the EU realms at least. I am happy if half my team are not bots/leechers in a random bg.
    lol ok i give up =) i know boomies are fun, it is my favorite caster class to play, i just pref melee. Well FFA arena gave you dmg stacks based on how many ppl you hit as boomy it was rather cheap moonfire every1 and profit lol.

And yes boomies in WOD could 1v3 low cr rated arena, but it is very very rarely to find a good/high skilled boomy hence on average a boomy would get eaten alive by hybrid melee classes.

On the off topic note last week i had chance 1v3 walking dead on my ret vs 2150 cr 3s team @ US so i guess Rets can 1v3 now kek, but of course it was not vs a fresh team like EU Multi R1 boomy did in WoD videos (my respect goes to him), i was left 2v3 with my healer, they killed my healer then it was 1v3, i kill Ehealer with in next 3 seconds, then kill Dk while my bubble proced and with 1% hp remaining i killed WW monk lol

If you wanna solo queue go as a blood DK, you're not gonna top the damage but you'll survive a lot longer on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodweiserTheDK View Post
    If you wanna solo queue go as a blood DK, you're not gonna top the damage but you'll survive a lot longer on your own.
    nah never do this. :P

if you want to survive go unholy dk and stay far away from anything doing it all from range.

And you still top meters.

And if you have enough of this, go frost dk and pick up a healer and a monk and do some rated stuff brainlessly cleaving ppl. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    So I went with the monk and I'm liking it so far. A lot of different abilities for different situations, thinking in advance with placing your spirit, etc.

Tried a lvl 100 ret, only have 4-5 buttons to press, gets really boring really fast. Or am I missing something that I've yet to find at lvl 110?
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lexonio View Post
    So I went with the monk and I'm liking it so far. A lot of different abilities for different situations, thinking in advance with placing your spirit, etc.

Tried a lvl 100 ret, only have 4-5 buttons to press, gets really boring really fast. Or am I missing something that I've yet to find at lvl 110?
    Yes, you have a buttload of utility, use it, also you have an entire talent tree waiting at 110

Deleted
    Frost DK is insane in BGs, you can literally make the game by solo killing a healer in a breath

Yeh I agree with you, but to each it will be a bit different, it is all about what is more important to a player? Being a good group/support class that can have a big influence on a game outcome towards a win or having the most Killing Blows while having 0 death, the latte is my definition of a good solo que, hence i think WW/Ret are the best, but if a player's definition is closer to the 1st one then a class like FDK/Boomy/Rogue (FC) can be better.
    i made only a few kills on my rogue in arathi one of the smartest designed bgs of all time i might add and hardly any dmg, because i camped a hunter on a mine who was calling for his friends all the time so 5-7 people were permanently bound on 1 spot by 1 rogue, and this was early on until we won in the end.

I bet this contributed to the win much more than beeing on top of the meters, or how many kills i got, when the opposing faction is only using half of its men power to battle my faction, due to this paranoia having an unfriendly rogue around. :>