Thread: wow token price

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There was a mention at Blizzcon that tokens could eventually be used in the Battlenet shop, maybe using the Blizzard balance thing. That could be another reason for the price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    There was a mention at Blizzcon that tokens could eventually be used in the Battlenet shop, maybe using the Blizzard balance thing. That could be another reason for the price increase.
    Nah, the only reason the price is higher is that more people buy them after the WoD gold. Thus rising the price. It is all supply and demand.

When/if that change comes, the prices will most likely drop some again.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Nah, the only reason the price is higher is that more people buy them after the WoD gold. Thus rising the price. It is all supply and demand.

When/if that change comes, the prices will most likely drop some again.
    The rising price is due to fewer players buying gold. Token prices dropped throughout the pre-patch and release and now that people who would buy gold are quitting, the supply is drying up. It more assuredly is not due to a huge run on game time tokens by players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    i really expected the price to fall since legion took away all the free garrison gold. shame its been going up.
    Lol what a joke, it took away free garrison gold and turned it into EVEN MORE free order halls gold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Shit, felt easier to make gold with class halls than garrisons. Garrisons gave a lot of quests, while class halls give consistent bigger, only difference is running out of resources on alts (for me at least).
    Try this: farm blood of sargeras, each blood is tradeable for 200 order hall resources

People are quiting that's why the price is going up. There's nothing else to it. More people = lower price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Garrisons put 10-20k per day and character into the game. Class halls aren't bad, but dont even come close to garrisons.
    Nope, maybe they did that for some time, but i can tell you august 2015- august 2016, 500 gold per char per day; I am talking about pure gold missions, nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons put 10-20k per day and character into the game. Class halls aren't bad, but dont even come close to garrisons.
    From missions alone? Class hall is actually better than the Garrison, the Garrison had a bunch of additional work you had to do if you wanted to make more than 1-2k per character per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Nope, maybe they did that for some time, but i can tell you august 2015- august 2016, 500 gold per char per day; I am talking about pure gold missions, nothing else.
    Then you did someting wrong. They did nerf it at some point, but many missions gave 500g alone and you could do 30-50 missions per day and character.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    From missions alone? Class hall is actually better than the Garrison, the Garrison had a bunch of additional work you had to do if you wanted to make more than 1-2k per character per day.
    All you had to do was que missions. If you did all missions it would trigger new ones and they usually gave gold or items to vendor.

Mby 20k was the daily profit not the pure gold one, but atleast I made millions with just garrison in three months of playing.
    Could buy enough garrison tokens to keep me going for years with just garrison gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    People are quiting that's why the price is going up. There's nothing else to it. More people = lower price.
    Less to do with that, more to do with total gold inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you did someting wrong. They did nerf it at some point, but many missions gave 500g alone and you could do 30-50 missions per day and character.

All you had to do was que missions. If you did all missions it would trigger new ones and they usually gave gold or items to vendor.

Mby 20k was the daily profit not the pure gold one, but atleast I made millions with just garrison in three months of playing.
    Could buy enough garrison tokens to keep me going for years with just garrison gold.
    You didn't get 30-50 missions per day that each rewarded 500g. The average was around 80g, with the ultra rare missions rewarding up to 3k (if you had triple treasure hunter on it). I am calling pure bullshit if you claim 10k-20k from missions alone in 1 day from only 1 character.

Legion gives out even more gold than that for less effort. Building up a garrison took weeks, you had to collect the followers and level all of them and then get their itemlvl up too. One Legion gold mission at max level is typically at least 600g base, and 750g if you get the bonus.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-11-12 at 05:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is there any legit website showing how wow token varies ? u know like median and whatnot, more specifically for EU region.

i wonder what the lowest price could possibly be cuz atm it soared up to 90k
    https://wowtoken.info/

This is a dump question, but how do I sell a token on the AH?

Auctionator will not let me place an ask out on the market.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    You're forgetting the fact they pumped out 3 small professions plots (one generally being a salvage yard). You're leaving out Barns which printed money. You're leaving out the trading post swap of those Barns when you maxed resources. You're forgetting herb gardens that would print the exact herb you require for your professions of choice. You're forgetting the mine that could supply a healthy stack or so of ore per day between the combined ores. You're forgetting treasure hunters that lasted until 7.0. You're forgetting the salvaged followers that gained you 1200 resources, another that was 600, some other mixed values. You're forgetting the shipyard that took a few days to set up that gave you a little extra. Now multiply this by 10 more toons, get yourself some add-ons to manage it all, and auto-pilot through the garrisons every day. You say 500 gold per day from just gold missions. Gold missions were never at any point the most lucrative endeavor as far as the garrisons, never.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundor View Post
    This is a dump question, but how do I sell a token on the AH?

Auctionator will not let me place an ask out on the market.
    There are only two things you can do with a WoW Token:
    1) Buy one with money from the in-game Shop, then sell it in the Auction House for gold.
    2) Buy one with gold from the Auction House, then use it to add 30 days of game time to your subscription.

There's a separate section in the AH for selling them, you can't place "ask" for it. It's sold for whatever is the current set price.

Instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVze8g6YfHU
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-11-12 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is there any legit website showing how wow token varies ? u know like median and whatnot, more specifically for EU region.

i wonder what the lowest price could possibly be cuz atm it soared up to 90k
    Are you looking for these?
    https://wowtoken.info/
    http://wowtokenprices.com/

Token price is going up probably because typical token sellers (those with more money than time to grind stuff) are quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    The fact that they made legion crz and token prices are going back up to wod prices points to losing a lot of players.
    All my friends have let their subs drop. One of my friends makes like 200k a year clear and when he does play WoW he usually buys 10+ tokens to get gold to buy gear...so guys like this quitting are going to push up the price as lots of players still have gold but people willing to buy gold through the token seems to have dropped.

token price is increasing because of 1) inflation (there is still way more gold being added to the economy than removed) and 2) supply and demand. We can quibble over whether decreased supply or increasing demand plays a bigger role but there's no way to know and the reality is probably a bit of both

Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    Nah man more demand = higher price, masses of people are hitting their stride on gold making and have moved to buying tokens rather than paying a cash sub.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

It wouldn't surprise me if people were running characters that existed purely for the three or four world quests they'd have to do for caches each day.

We can quibble over whether decreased supply or increasing demand plays a bigger role
    It's not as simple as supply and demand. It's supply and demand relative to each other.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton