Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you know its super easy for me to get into mythics at 860 ilvl as a Frost Dk, funny old thing my main is blood and I used that to gear up Frost, get good, stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    If a guild is working on heroic en, I highly doubt that they would increase my experience because I can easily do it in pugs. I can try pugging for mythic too for sure but what are the guilds for if I'm not allowed into mythic progression before I either defeat mythic in pugs or boost my way through? This brickwall seems to be placed when you try to look for a mythic progression guild. And that is if they are willing to take a melee dps as being one just adds another layer of difficulty to the problem. I don't think there is the same thing in heroic progression guilds. Respect for the ones asking for logs though, which is something I would like to work towards. All in all, what I have seen so far is that mythic progression is very unfriendly towards players trying to develop themselves.
    Find a guild doing heroics, then progress with them into mythic.

Deleted
    Join a guild thats 7/7 HC and is going to start progressing mythic or like a 1-2/7 Mythic guild. Shouldn't be hard at all if you have decent logs.

Welcome to World of Rangedcraft. There are much much more Melee players this expansion than ranged players, and that shows in dungeon finder groups when you have 10 melee and 2 ranged signing up for your m+ group.

p.s. most people boost for free as they get gear and artifact power themselves. in fact most boost groups are free.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    p.s. most people boost for free as they get gear and artifact power themselves. in fact most boost groups are free.
    This must be a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Interesting thoughts, I did hear how Boosting In M+ and people just using up a person's Keystone Is a valid way of "BS'ing" someone, frankly I'm surprised there's no Mythic Dungeon Guilds around, yet.

Boosting Is a cancer, not only Is that banable If proven and Investigated by GMs, but a sad feature to have In an MMO, never before have I heared of Boosts Into anything until around Mists of Pandaria, and even more In Warlords, and now.... well.

It's just guilds as well, they don't like taking people who aren't already geared up, which really defeats the point of the exercise, taking a friend or guildies through a few dungeons to gear them up was normal, you were with friends, that's kinda a good thing. Now? It's like a business "I'll boost you through here, get you this here... 20 euros"

It's sad really. And Blizzard can't do anything but keep track of such things, suspend people for It, or god forbid ban for It before It gets really bad
    Boosting is only banneable if they are selling it for real money, or if the boosts are more along the lines of rated pvp win trading. Any other form of boost is not against the ToS and you will not get banned or suspended for services organized by players during normal gaming activities.

This must be a joke.
    It's not a joke, geared players take players with a low-mid keystones for easy farming.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This must be a joke.
    M+ boosts are typically this way, in mine all that's needed is a keystone and we carry anything up to +6 with 3 chests guaranteed, no payment necessary. I even try to take leather wearers since we have 3 in our 4 man carry group and we can pass on loot we don't need.

Raid carries are different, as the person being carried brings nothing, unlike M+ where they supply us with a stone.

I get carries for my alts quite often for M+ from the group finder, haven't paid a dime.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2016-11-12 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    It's not a joke, geared players take players with a low-mid keystones for easy farming.
    Maybe it just doesn't happen where I am. Waiting for hours with keystone and being unable to find anyone unless you pay them 200k gold. This is what I have seen so far.
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Yes boosting has taken a huge place. Why ? Probably a result of a badly designed reward system. timed content specifically generate a lot of boosting. plus a result of how broken the economy is. it's so easy to get x amount of gold now, that it's FASTER to get x gold than setting a group yourself.
    The biggest reason that boosted is a lot more widespread almost entirely comes down to one thing: cross-realm grouping, along with the looting mechanics as a result of it. The ability to kill the same bosses as often as you want on normal/heroic is what caused the relative cost of boosting to drop. If a boosting group needed fresh characters each time they sold a boost, there would be far less boosting and it would be a lot more expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The biggest reason that boosted is a lot more widespread almost entirely comes down to one thing: cross-realm grouping, along with the looting mechanics as a result of it. The ability to kill the same bosses as often as you want on normal/heroic is what caused the relative cost of boosting to drop. If a boosting group needed fresh characters each time they sold a boost, there would be far less boosting and it would be a lot more expensive.
    It's mostly due to how M+ works. Since you only get 1 key per week that levels up as you do higher mythics you need fresh blood to keep running places for loot. +2/+3s are pretty easy even for relatively mid-range geared groups as far as 3 chest runs go due to lack of affixes so you can easily afford to carry someone and still get full benefit from the run.

maybe try to work your way up from a hc raiding guild to a mythic one instead of trying to jump a chasm. or join a guild who is recruiting to get their raid team big enough to start on mythic. log your fights, if youre any decent people will see it from logs and will give you a trial. if that doesnt work you're probably just not good enough for that guild to replace one of their melee.

From what I gather many guilds have a surplus of melee DPS, including some who may already get rotated in or out. It's the hardest role to break into at this point. You will have to do something to demonstrate why they should take you over someone else that may already be on their roster. You need to be exceptional or have friends that can get you in.

My suggestion would be to join a guild that is farming heroic and pushing mythic progression. Ask to get in on the heroic runs and demonstrate your value there. Run other stuff with people in the guild like Mythic+ runs and Karazhan. If you're good you will get noticed and they will work on getting you in. Eventually some of their main roster will quit for a variety of reasons and you will be well positioned to take a spot.

It's not impossible to join a guild that will immediately throw you into their mythic progression but as a melee dps at this point in the expansion it's going to be a challenge to find.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Interesting thoughts, I did hear how Boosting In M+ and people just using up a person's Keystone Is a valid way of "BS'ing" someone, frankly I'm surprised there's no Mythic Dungeon Guilds around, yet.

Boosting Is a cancer, not only Is that banable If proven and Investigated by GMs, but a sad feature to have In an MMO, never before have I heared of Boosts Into anything until around Mists of Pandaria, and even more In Warlords, and now.... well.

It's just guilds as well, they don't like taking people who aren't already geared up, which really defeats the point of the exercise, taking a friend or guildies through a few dungeons to gear them up was normal, you were with friends, that's kinda a good thing. Now? It's like a business "I'll boost you through here, get you this here... 20 euros"

It's sad really. And Blizzard can't do anything but keep track of such things, suspend people for It, or god forbid ban for It before It gets really bad
    Boosting people for gold is not bannable. For real money, it is. It's largely popular within the community now to fund personnel goals (mounts, toys, other gold sinks) and guild activities (buying BOEs, guild repairs/consumables, BMAH, etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out how logging a fight works. Just tried to log a dungeon run and it says 'This report contains no fights yet'. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Or just play on a high pop server one and for all ?

I'm on Hyjal EU. There are more than 400 guild who cleared EN. There is obviously a guild for pretty much anyone in these 400+ guilds. And that's only one server.
    You have 8 that cleared EN.
    The OP is talking about Mythic, not casual raiding where anyone can find a place.

How is this even a thread? I've not done a single guild run and I'm progressing easily through the content with +12's under my belt and Heroic Helya already defeated. You don't need a guild to do well, or even to start your own groups. Show people that you know what you're doing and perform. It's that easy.

Boosting is not against the rules as long as it's not paid for in real money or uses methods like win-trading in PVP. Even in the case of win-trading I'm not so sure they manage to catch everyone doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    You have 8 that cleared EN.
    The OP is talking about Mythic, not casual raiding where anyone can find a place.
    Yeah, no casual guilds clear Mythic raids...

When you make 0 effort high reward systems like titan forge this is what you get. If you are not top ilv you could just be a guy who cant cut it in normal dungeons.