Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Mrrobot isnt awful if you know how to use it.
    There is the problem. Many go in blind and just take whatever info they first see at a glance. These are the same people that do not understand that what is good or best for you changes fight to fight, with the talents you select and never stop changing as you continue to gear up. Noxxic on the other hand is pure garbage and should be locked out from any computer with a game on it. They have a 5 year history of famously being wrong, not just often wrong, but almost completely and always wrong. A broken clock is right twice a day and Noxxic can't even keep up with that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Don't tell me what to do.

Also, with regards to Icy Veins, some of the information may be less than perfect, but I know many of the guides are reviewed and approved by the top players in those respective classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Noxxic on the other hand is pure garbage and should be locked out from any computer with a game on it. They have a 5 year history of famously being wrong, not just often wrong, but almost completely and always wrong. A broken clock is right twice a day and Noxxic can't even keep up with that.
    haha. Noxxic is like, "We can't read or write in the daytime...coz we went to night school." (;

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any other site that has gearing advice so easily laid out?
    I'm not fucking with all those stats, just tell me what to equip so I can play the game.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Or do like me, compile a BiS/Upgrade list, find your stat weights, and done - go learn by doing!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't have time to do that every time blizzard rebalance a skill/stat. Icy veins is good enough to start, then I tweak my build depending on what's fun.

Deleted
    Random people you speak with sucks proly anyway and watching this or that should not honestly matter, they are casual I assume, anyone who raids at a higher level where min max actually matters, proly gets told that they suck very fast so they proly already realized whats good whats bad.

"don't use noxxic" yeah sure go fk yourself. don't tell me what to do.

While I hearthly agree that Noxxic sucks, they are still good at copy pasting stuff.

"don't use ask mr robot" - again don't tell me what to do.

Ask mr robot is just a fking calculator where you have your inputs in them.

learn to use ressources right. they are not bad - you are just bad.

Deleted
    No Noxxic is the most professional website for WoW-content. They make thousands of $ every month thanks to their content. Do you honestly believe they could make that money with con-statistics?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Icy veins is only good for just starting.. after that it's not very good.
    Yeah, only worth using to see suggested talents and stat priority for alts you don't really care about. Rotation, stat weights and which talents to use on which fights/content you should get from a proper guide. You don't even have to read pages for it, just skip to those sections.

In other words min/maxing your websites is mostly just important for mythic raiding progression and high end M+. If you're using some of the less accurate sites and then adapting on your own for what you feel isn't very accurate during all other types of PvE content you're going to be close enough for that level of content.

For Ask Mr. Robot, you can completely customize the tool to how you want to play. Here's a few tips to do that:

1. Where the stat priority is listed, click the green view/edit button to change stat weights, enter caps, etc.
    2. Generate your own stat weights on the sim setup page by changing the 'sim type' on the right from 'single run' to 'gearing strategy.' http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/run

A few other things worth noting:

--Trinkets: all trinket procs (and other items with procs) are ranked directly from simulations (a new feature we added for Legion). The default rankings are based on the default sims we've done, so you should run your own set of weights* to make sure they are custom to YOU. That way your talents, artifact progress, etc are all taken into account.

--Stat weights / Gearing strategy: our stat weight simulations ALSO simulate every single trinket and bundles the resulting data in the stat weight report. Then when you use those for gearing, all trinkets are ranked directly from your simulations.

Our stat weight sims also look at 1000s of data points for every stat (as opposed to just 2 points, one above and one below your current gear, like SimC does). This allows us to find a really good 'best fitting line' to get you weights that work very well for ranking gear. You can also customize the range of gear you want to rank, from 'right now' to 10 iLevels out (or more, etc).

--Real bosses & Logs: we started with our Ursoc script for Legion which is turning out to be super handy. Of course, getting stat weights and gear recommendations for a boss is a smart idea. But where I'm finding the real value is in comparing actual Ursoc logs to the simulator in order to learn how to improve.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Is there any other site that has gearing advice so easily laid out?
    I'm not fucking with all those stats, just tell me what to equip so I can play the game.
    The class info on each class discord is pretty solid. If for nonother reason then the traffic so there are plenty of people to refute bad information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    No Noxxic is the most professional website for WoW-content. They make thousands of $ every month thanks to their content. Do you honestly believe they could make that money with con-statistics?
    It is filled with garbage. You don't have to have accurate information to get traffic on your site. Having traffic is what makes the money, not the dog shit information they have. Noxxic is the Mad Money of the video game world. Wrong far more often then they are correct and in some casses out dated for multiple patches.

Yes, cause following the logs of people raiding in a different environment totally helps.
    Sim stuff based on your criteria, then use a tool to inject weights into. Then after the fight check your logs, and tweak your sims accordingly.
    If you don't care much, just use icy-veins, it's not as bad, and definitely better than checking top people on Warcraft logs for stats and execution.

this could be easily resolved if the devs put up better documentation on their website and quit being lazy and expecting others to do it for them.

Icy-Veins was fantastic for every class/spec I played, up until the end of MoP. Noxxic was always shit, and AMR was always about putting in your specific stats and weights.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that OP is over-exaggerating (or speaking out of ignorance) on the Icy-Veins bitching, but, as I said, Noxxic was always shit :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Disagree.

I used all 3 of those websites you mentioned when I was honing my skills in MOP and although now I don't really need them anymore, they were certainly essential in my learning of stats and rotations, etc. I don't see why you wouldn't use them, all they can do is help.
    Not true. Noxxic has freequently been so far off the mark you are gimping yourself using their info. Getting bad information can be far more destructive then no information.

I don't care about my secondary stats. I equip whatever. Yet I still perform better than those that do. Even if their ilvl is the same/slightly higher than mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    So many times i have seen people talking about how their stats suck because they once again followed the completely retarded and wrong Statweights on askmrrobot and how many fucking times more do i have to see someone mention Noxxic.

Icy Veins is just as bad btw, so many "class guides" written by the same guy who doesnt even play them(obv doesnt apply to all of them). And the quality of those "guides" is also VERY questionable.

If you want information about your class, Try the class discords. LITERALLY the best place to get your information. Second best place are the mmochampion class forums for sure.

And if you really wanna inform yourself, open fucking warcraftlogs and check what talents people are using where.

You can find the class discords on the sidebar here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/
    I agree. It's not different than 5 years ago. Nothing changed, they're still shitty websites for anything above LFR.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    You didnt present any proof or explained why would X be wrong and Y right.
    Also, using angry language ("fucking, retarded") only telling me you are just angry teenager who cant be taken seriously.