Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Perhaps you people have to stop watching every hollywood 'blockbuster' with the exact same setting, flow of things and same characters.

That said, I have this with Tom Cruise.

He's a brilliant actor, or surely used to be a brilliant actor. Now he plays Ethan Hunt in every movie but just slaps a different name on it. Still amazed he does nearly all his stunts himself, but after 10 movies of the same shit I can't give a damn anymore.

Benedict Cumberbatch, so tired of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Agreed, Lawrence needs to go away.
    Yeah Lawrence is not that great. I hate her playing Mystique.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Morgan Freemann,
    Samuel L. Jackson,
    Jennifer Lawrence,
    Scarlett Johansson,
    Anybody from Game of Thrones,
    Sasha Baron Cohen,
    Adam Sandler,
    Stephen Amell,
    Christian Bale,
    Tom Hardy,

i may watch a lot of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

He's a brilliant actor, or surely used to be a brilliant actor. Now he plays Ethan Hunt in every movie but just slaps a different name on it. Still amazed he does nearly all his stunts himself, but after 10 movies of the same shit I can't give a damn anymore.
    I can see this viewpoint. That being said, I have enjoyed almost all of his movies.

Deleted
    Channing Tatum

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Is this iron man related? I watched the judge recently and thought he was pretty damned good. Lost my shit at the end of the movie though, it was a little too intense.

I swear to god her generation of actors are being coached on how to come across as quirky and interesting in interviews, some kind of image management because they all seem to act out in the same way. It seems like such fake bullshit and really irritates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Perhaps you people have to stop watching every hollywood 'blockbuster' with the exact same setting, flow of things and same characters.

I remember watching something where they talked about Tom Cruise. He was set to be the "serious" actor. Taking Oscar worthy roles (not saying Oscars means great). Then he just started doing action films and yeah the same role basically.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Jennifer Lawrence
    Eva Mendes
    Scarlett Johanson
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-11-13 at 08:51 PM.

Uhmm Jennefer Lawrence anyone? So massively overrated, plus mainstream/social media hype around her, and for what? She's not even that good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Uhmm Jennefer Lawrence anyone? So massively overrated, plus mainstream/social media hype around her, and for what? She's not even that good.
    Same as Scarlett Johansson imo, they're generally known fro pretty action babes, but they're soooooo much better in pretty much any other role.

Deleted
    Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Seth Rogan, Emma Watson and Jack Black. Luckily those are my only 5, and they are already disappearing!
    Last edited by mmoc25df090c9d; 2016-11-13 at 09:37 PM.

No surprises seeing Jennifer Lawrence mentioned a lot. She shouldnt have been given the X-men roles, she was a franchise whore and it might end up costing her. Probably not though.

Adam Sandler is my number 1 pet peeve. His films stopped being funny 20 years ago and hes still churning out such shit as Jack and Jill, and that recent cowboy shit he did for Netflix.
    Meryl Streep
    Johnny Depp
    Will Smith
    Dwayne Johnson
    Sean Penn
    Jai Courtney.

Probably more but list is getting too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    None at all. I watch a lot of movies, so there's no actor I get over-saturated with. And the ones that do get a lot of jobs usually does so for a reason. I almost always enjoys Samuel L. Jackson in the movies I watch a lot, for example.

And to the people who say Jennifer Lawrence, she's not in THAT many movies. So far I've only seen her in X-Men: Apocalypse this year, and will (hopefully) see her one more time in Passengers, and that's it.
    I agree to this. I think people in movie genre's that I don't watch might make the list, but I tend to watch a lot of movies and see people in all sorts of roles and movies. I just watched Mockingjay 2, and saw X-Men earlier in the year... two franchise movies but other than that, I think I wish I saw more of Jenny from the block.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I had to laugh when Will Smith was turned down for the Independence Day sequel. (He wanted a fat check plus he wanted his son in the movie as well)

Some of these choices kinda baffle me. Like, I've seen several people mention Robert Downey Jr. Outside of the Marvel movies, has he done anything recently other than The Judge? I mean, if you're tired of seeing him, quit watching Marvel movies(or at least, limit it to non Avengers/Iron Man-centric ones, like Dr. Strange, Thor, or GotG), and it's pretty easy to avoid him.

And Adam Sandler? I agree, he's complete shit...but does he still really have a big movie presence? I know he did that Netflix cowboys thing, but how many other movies has he done lately?

I mean, I can sorta understand J-Law, between the X-Men movies, the Hunger Games movies, plus non-franchise stuff like American Hustle, she's had a pretty big run of movies, same with Samuel L. Jackson, he has the Marvel stuff, Tarantino stuff, he even turns up in a bunch of direct to DVD stuff. I personally don't have any issues with how often they appear(I just don't watch the movies if they don't interest me), but I can at least see why they get mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really think of any actor that has an overwhelming presence. A lot of people here are just naming actors they dislike. Like Adam Sandler really isn't in anything aside from his usual tripe. I guess if I had to pick one though Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson seems to be in a lot of different movies as well but they're still all B grade action movies so /shrug

Now if you ask me about an actor I'd like to see way more of? Tom Hardy for sure. I love all his work.

I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence but I don't know if thats because shes terrible or because she plays Mystique who should be a side villain, not the main character of an Xmen movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Anthony Hopins, the guy should retire already. Every movie he made the past 5-10 years is a pain in the ass to watch.
    Westworld is pretty decent IMO.

Not a movie, but still.

Johnny Depp.

Oh and fucking Jennifer Lawrence, she was never good in anything and she tries too hard to be like-able, so annoying.

Channing Tatum, Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill. Oh, and James Corden, he's been turning up a lot recently..