Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I don't think California, Oregon and Washington will ever vote Republican again. The population is getting younger and less white, and their economy is the epitome of globalism.
    Actually if you look at the voting maps for Washington and Oregon they are typically very Red states barring the major population centers which swings them to Blue leadership. That said I can't say the same for California as I haven't lived or voted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    Actually if you look at the voting maps for Washington and Oregon they are typically very Red states barring the major population centers which swings them to Blue leadership. That said I can't say the same for California as I haven't lived or voted there.
    California will likely keep getting more blue. Governor Moonbeam lead us to being one of the top economies in the world. Unless something major happens I don't see any reason it would swing back red at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    You are correct. However, those major population centers are growing rapidly. Hillary received about 73 percent of the vote in Oregon’s biggest urban county, Multnomah, which includes the Portland area. Seventy five percent in Kings County (Washington) which includes Seattle. Those are overwhelming numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    That was a fun video thanks for a recap on the media's corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    It sure isn't. Drive through Palm Springs and see how green they keep those Golf Courses (in the middle of the fucking desert).

Or head up to the high desert in Apple Valley and see all the new homes being built with large GRASS lawns (again in the middle of the fucking desert).

- - - Updated - - -

This one made me laugh.
    That's good. I really like this one.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct. However, those major population centers are growing rapidly. Hillary received about 73 percent of the vote in Oregon’s biggest urban county, Multnomah, which includes the Portland area. Seventy five percent in Kings County (Washington) which includes Seattle. Those are overwhelming numbers.
    I'm going to say it's inflated numbers by the Clinton Machine. In early voting states Clinton won almost all of them. Need free national ID's to ALL US citizens. No more early voting, only absentee with a good reason. No ID No vote.

I would go harsher if it was me, but it's not up to me. I think Trump could enact something like that. Then let us see what the numbers are.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2016-11-14 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    California will likely keep getting more blue. Governor Moonbeam lead us to being one of the top economies in the world. Unless something major happens I don't see any reason it would swing back red at this point.
    He lead you to being a top economy by Subsidiaries and economic bubbles. California is a fake economy and when it crashes it will crash hard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    He lead you to being a top economy by Subsidiaries and economic bubbles. California is a fake economy and when it crashes it will crash hard.
    I really don't understand this talk about CA economic bubble. CA have high tech, biomedical, finance, manufacturing, export import with 11 major ports and the busiest border crossings with Mexico, bustling ship yards, military bases, massive public work infrastucture, more Fortune 1000 companies that any other states, oil, natural gas, booming green energy industry, tourism, etc. Seriously, very few countries in the world can match the depth and breadth of CA economy.

Deleted
    I really don't understand this talk about CA economic bubble. CA have high tech, biomedical, finance, manufacturing, export import with 11 major ports and the busiest border crossings with Mexico, bustling ship yards, military bases, massive public work infrastucture, more Fortune 1000 companies that any other states, oil, natural gas, booming green energy industry, tourism, etc. Seriously, very few countries in the world can match the depth and breadth of CA economy.
    Because most of that is formed from Subsidiaries making California an extremely cheap place to set up a company and very little to be taxed from it. Alot of the labor is done by Illegal cheap immigrants and despite being such a big economy, California still has tons of debt.

Deleted
    First, I am not sure if CA can survive with out all other states alone, second, you probable have no idea how fast a company can move. I've seen that in Europe. In the first second a business is hurt some how, the owners will just move it to next state. They are not bound to a state forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's more like 1/3.3, but either way.
    Wyoming has one electoral vote per 195.000 citizens, California has one per 705.000 citizens, so about 1:3.6.
    It is still ludicrous. The small states have way WAY too much power compared to the big picture, both Senate and electoral college.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    Wyoming has one electoral vote per 195.000 citizens, California has one per 705.000 citizens, so about 1:3.6.
    It is still ludicrous. The small states have way WAY too much power compared to the big picture, both Senate and electoral college.
    .... Because Wyoming has a much smaller population and a President could campaign entirely for the betterment of California, even to the utter destruction of Wyoming, and still win with the Popular vote.

.... Because Wyoming has a much smaller population and a President could campaign entirely for the betterment of California, even to the utter destruction of Wyoming, and still win with the Popular vote.
    California is only 11% of the US population, so no, a president could not just campaign in California. With the current system Trump ignored both California and Wyoming. So, I'm not seeing how this is better for either state.

I may have to contact my friend who lives in California and get his opinion on this.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    lololol california is the new texas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    LOL. I just can't.

(1) The Senate is made up of 100 members... so each states only has 2 senators. Meaning a SMALL state would have no more power than a LARGE state in the Senate.

(2) If each state had a 1:1 representation in the electoral college... there would be no need for the electoral college. So to make the claim that is what you want, or how you think it should be, shows you have no idea what the electoral college is for and what its purpose is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    California is only 11% of the US population, so no, a president could not just campaign in California. With the current system Trump ignored both California and Wyoming. So, I'm not seeing how this is better for either state.
    Ya you're right. They wouldn't have to come there at all. All you have to do is claim to be a democrat, lie, cheat, be investigated by the FBI twice. Hell I'm not sure if she defecated on stage, and/or slit someone's throat that it would have kept her from getting a GUARANTEED 55 electoral votes. So while you need 270 votes to win, you really only need 215 electoral votes because 55 are guaranteed to the democratic party regardless. So when you operate with that MUCH of an advantage and still don't win. That should tell you something. Er u dun fuct up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so rich people from california dont want to support red...cks from middles states - what a surprise

also this happens when hillary got more votes in total but lost election due to stupid electors system.
    Why don't you just grow a pair and spell out rednecks and take the forum suspension big man.

I am not going to do your homework for you, but go take a look at the demographic breakdown from Trumps win in 2016 and compare it to the demographic of republican candidate Mitt Rommney in 2012 (who lost obviously) and then still try to claim that this win was simply because the "white uneducated male" aka rednecks, made an astounding turnout at this year's election. Bottom line is its more media lies. Despite being labeled a racist, a misogynist, a xenophobe, and an all around asshole. He (Trump) actually had more minority support than republican candidate in recent history. The facts don't support your rhetoric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the media and commentators really have been embarrassed to a shocking level. So out of touch - politicians worldwide have become out of touch.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to say it's inflated numbers by the Clinton Machine. In early voting states Clinton won almost all of them. Need free national ID's to ALL US citizens. No more early voting, only absentee with a good reason. No ID No vote.

I would go harsher if it was me, but it's not up to me. I think Trump could enact something like that. Then let us see what the numbers are.
    Oh man this is HILARIOUS.

Here's some intelligence from the Left. They have been doing an outstanding job to show the people their mentality. I hope they keep it up.

and the left calls us uneducated. lol

Does anyone think it would be unfair if California was the only state contributing to the popular vote increase? They already get 55 electoral votes, isn't that to compensate for the fact that they have a large population? If you add up every states individual votes, trump wins the popular vote. Until you add in california, where 2.5 million+ people voted for clinton over trump.

I think it would be a little unfair to give one states opinion the power over the entire nation, hence the electoral voting system in place...

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZeJLm-xnw

and the left calls us uneducated. lol
    I'd be surprised if they didn't know the risks of walking onto a freeway.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Because most of that is formed from Subsidiaries making California an extremely cheap place to set up a company and very little to be taxed from it. Alot of the labor is done by Illegal cheap immigrants and despite being such a big economy, California still has tons of debt.
    The majority of CA debts (roughly 600 billion) is General Obligation and Revenue Bonds which were issued to finance specific projects, such as bridges or sewers. Think of them as mortgage except for construction of public work infrastructure. These are fine. Everybody does this. If you wait to do a project until you have the full amount of financing in hand, nothing will get done. As far as I know, not a single state in the US, or for that matter developed country that does not have some degree of debt.

The problem is with the approximately 250 billion unfunded public employee retirement and health care fund. This is a big chain that is holding CA economy back. Again, this is not unique to CA. Most states in the US have the same issue. The whole debacle dates back to the dot-com era when retirement agencies were making 17 - 30% return on their investment, expect that to last forever and signed overly generous retirement packages for public employees. Now that they are only making 4 - 6% return, they have problem meeting their obligations. The state is slowly chipping away at their obligation which will likely impact CA economy (and for that matter many other states in the US) for an entire generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    First, I am not sure if CA can survive with out all other states alone, second, you probable have no idea how fast a company can move. I've seen that in Europe. In the first second a business is hurt some how, the owners will just move it to next state. They are not bound to a state forever.
    The post was in response to somebody claiming that CA has a bubble economy.