Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best dps class for people with RSI.

So as the title mentions im looking for a class that is kind on the fingers, I have really bad fingers and looking for a class that doesnt involve me mashing buttons.
    I already have a healer so im not interested in another, im looking for a dps that doesnt involve mashing all night long. I tried rogue and it ended up with me not being able to play for the remainder of the next day.

Thanks in advance.

Feral Druid is probably the slowest dps class. It's very slow and deliberate. Not spammy at all.

Also Warrior and Hunter aren't too spammy but still more spammy than Feral
    Last edited by Volitar; 2016-11-13 at 09:30 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

BM hunter with passive talents

7+ Year Old Account
    affliction lock aswell, just put your agony up, corruption lasts forever, then just use drain life and unstable affliction
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't know whether you prefer range or melee, but i can't give you much advice on casters as I don't generally play them (I have arthritis so we're in a similar place with the need for less button mashing).

I'm having a fair bit of luck with windwalker monk and survival hunter at the moment in that department. Taking the hit combo talent made me more aware of which spells i was using on my monk, which helped me slow down the button pressing substantially in order to maintain the buff, and surv is fairly slow paced due to the cooldown lengths and the need to preserve focus. I would not recommend ret paladins as they are substantially worse now than they were last expac (keysmashing for days). Feral druid is okay, but close enough to rogue that it might give you trouble if rogue did.

I don't know how well any of those would go in organised group content, however, since I'm super casual and only use matchmaking because of my disability flaring up.

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will see which works best for me out of the 3 . Saves me having to try 100 different specs to find a none spammy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lutris View Post
    I don't know whether you prefer range or melee, but i can't give you much advice on casters as I don't generally play them (I have arthritis so we're in a similar place with the need for less button mashing).

I'm having a fair bit of luck with windwalker monk and survival hunter at the moment in that department. Taking the hit combo talent made me more aware of which spells i was using on my monk, which helped me slow down the button pressing substantially in order to maintain the buff, and surv is fairly slow paced due to the cooldown lengths and the need to preserve focus. I would not recommend ret paladins as they are substantially worse now than they were last expac (keysmashing for days). Feral druid is okay, but close enough to rogue that it might give you trouble if rogue did.

I don't know how well any of those would go in organised group content, however, since I'm super casual and only use matchmaking because of my disability flaring up.
    Feral has less than half of the energy regen Rogue has
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Feral has less than half of the energy regen Rogue has
    I actually find myself button mashing more with slower energy regen than I do with a faster rate. Feral is good during king of the jungle because you can get a nice rhythm going, but outside of it it feels like you're impatiently waiting for your energy and pressing the buttons before it's even there (especially if you're running bloodtalons and you have you use up that charge before it expires).

Not everyone plays the same way I do (or with a 3 second latency handicap), but in my experience it is still kinda button mashy, enough that I don't play feral for more than an hour or so at a time.

Deleted
    I think im gonna try affliction Lock or Feral Druid. Are they competitive dps? I heard demonology is the only spec worth playing for lock nowadays. Also never see feral druids.
    I'll give them both a go. I would give hunter a go but im honestly not much of a fan of them the banging of their guns give me a headache and I like having the sound on :P

BM hunter is 50%~ waiting, MM also include a lot of waiting (as well as 1.8s casts).

BM: Unlimited movement, ranged, very predictable gameplay which doesn't lend itself to spamming since you'll end up focus-starving yourself.
    MM: Has to stand still and hardcast and while you don't spam the focus-builder like we used to before, you still will need to cast as many aimed shots as you can fit within the window of a debuff on the target, so it's spammier than BM.

As for melee, I always felt as if I'm spamming abilities and also movement whenever playing melee.

Feral has a lot of issues, I am sure there are other choices for RSI that would be more satisfying.

Deleted
    ret pala, assa rogue, aff wl, bm hunter ..

all kinda slowish classes

Feral Druid is probably the slowest dps class. It's very slow and deliberate. Not spammy at all.

i dare to disagree with warrion. its basicly one of the most spammy classes since you use every single gcd on a high haste specc as fury and even use abilitys between your gcd as arms.

Not sure about this since I never actually owned one, but I think you can use a Razer keyboard to simply hold a button down and it keeps "pressing" that particular key so you don't have to repeatedly mash the same button to get the next ability off faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Not sure about this since I never actually owned one, but I think you can use a Razer keyboard to simply hold a button down and it keeps "pressing" that particular key so you don't have to repeatedly mash the same button to get the next ability off faster.
    Yes. Do this and play the class you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    I think im gonna try affliction Lock or Feral Druid. Are they competitive dps? I heard demonology is the only spec worth playing for lock nowadays. Also never see feral druids.
    I'll give them both a go. I would give hunter a go but im honestly not much of a fan of them the banging of their guns give me a headache and I like having the sound on :P
    All Warlock specs are viable.

Arms warrior is literally the highest APM class in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    Affliction is mediocre, fun in dungeons but raiding is not that great outside of a few cheese exemptions like 4dragons.

Both Demonology and Destruction are very competitive tho.

the only not spammy melee that i've played is Feral. long time periods of doing nothing, very methodical gameplay. Spamming/button mashing is actually hurting to your dps.