Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Beckhams wage was £3.4mil a year and he gave it to charity.
    Well at least it went to charity, forgot that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Doubt that will make up for the amount of tax he avoided
    That tax evading pussy grabber! Shame on him!
    He should have followed Hillary's example of selling private speeches for 200k$ a piece to banks and mega-corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Oh, right, it was another conspiracy that his supporters ate right up without a question.
    It will be dangerous for us on the left to continue buying into this charade that Trump tapped into 60 million white racist middle-aged men who think Obama's a foreign agent and the world is 5000 years old.

Most of his supporters could be more accurately described as Clinton Detractors, and the lukewarm feeling about a woman who has had character issues lurking in her shadow since she was a part of the Watergate Commission shouldn't make this feel like such a shock that we need to jam our heads in the dirt. I honestly feel very sympathetic to a lot of the Trump voterbase's concerns about her and I'll be glad if the Democrats can finally be rid of the Clinton family name for good.

Love the hate. Guy is doing/making a nice gesture lets just be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    At this point I am pretty sure he could single-handedly cure cancer and you lefties would still find a way to shine a bad light on it.
    If he starts selling it at 5000% above market price maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So Trump has announced he does not want and will turn down his 400,000$ a year salary as POTUS. In the entire history of America, only 2 others have something similar. Washington did not take a salary and Kennedy gave his to charity. Here's hoping this becomes a trend in Washington DC
    Good for him...but he should accept it. So he can pay back all those people who are suing him for his "university" etc. And all the taxes he did not pay. Bet you the taxes he owes are 10 times that his 4 ( lets hope) or 8 year salary.

Its like saying i did not call obama a N*gg**. But while you are saying that. You are wearing a kkk hat with swastika's on your clothing and having a racial slur on the back of your suit/t shirt etc.

Trump has more money than the 44 previous presidents of the US -COMBINED- (He's at 3billion right now). If it took his salary it'd be an insult and proof of huge greed (as if putting all of his money in offshore banks and never paying a single dollar of taxes wasnt greedy enoguh lul)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    A decent person wouldn't abuse the system
    You'll have to explain to us how following the US Tax Code is "abusing the system".
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by DasChrobak View Post
    Love the hate. Guy is doing/making a nice gesture lets just be happy about that.
    Nice???
    He steals candy from a thousand baby's and then gives 1 baby a lollipop. That does not make him nice. His lawsuits for failed business's etc + money he took from his charity to buy a painting for in his own place. Last time i checked he did not pay 18 years of taxes....

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You realize you just made yourself look as uneducated as the people you insulted right?

"They'll never understand. No reason for me to take the high road and use facts because they won't agree anyway".

If they're not going to agree with you WITH facts, making inflammatory remarks WITHOUT facts isn't going to get them to agree either.
    Incorrect, the reason there's no point in him replying is because he will just vomit the same words over and over again.

Deleted
    Only reason he's doing it is because he's a selfproclaimed billionaire.

If he wasn't he wouldn't do these gesture. This is only an attempt to show the public that he's not in this position for the money, ie being corrupt. We all know this already. Only reason he's president is because of his ego and that evening when Obama roasted him in 2012.
    Looking at his face from that evening you can see what mr Trump was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Trump has more money than the 44 previous presidents of the US -COMBINED- (He's at 3billion right now). If it took his salary it'd be an insult and proof of huge greed (as if putting all of his money in offshore banks and never paying a single dollar of taxes wasnt greedy enoguh lul)
    Indeed. and how about all the money he stole from his charity's and failed undertakings?
    Fun fact. HE says he is worth 10 bil, he is like you said more like worth 3 bill. And all of those failed businesses he is still being sued for will even put a bigger dent it that.

Still find it funny. One of the most sleazy bad business men gets elected because the country is not doing right money wise and theirs to much corruption :S.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    No one avoids paying taxs, you simply do or do not.

Why would anyone not take advantage of our corrupt tax system to pay less? I get my taxs done professionally every year to try and maximize my return. How is this any different?

When you see your federal deductions every week from your paycheck do you get some kind of overwhelming euphoria?

Don't understand why people are mad at Trump instead of the government for a corrupt tax code
    Isn't it funny these guys act like if they could find ways to pay less taxes they wouldn't do it. If that's the case then they don't need tax software, just don't deduct anything and pay based on your 401k. Makes things a whole lot easier during tax time lol

This thread is amusing though. I think he is trying to extend that olive branch still, he is well aware he is a bad image with a lot of people and he wants to try soften that before coming into power. As much as I'm not a fan of the guy, I think people should at least give him a chance. I mean he can't be worse than Bush right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    You should be on the streets screaming Trump's a racist tbh.
    And this has to do with what I said exactly...what? Or is this just some random hyperbole? Why are people getting so defensive as soon as someone says it's hasty to applaud people for something they merely said they would do?
    Were you also in favour of Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize for something he could or said he would do back then?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-11-14 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I'll take it

Actually he should take it and then donate it to some charity.
    He is giving it to charity, that 400K he doesn't take stays in the Govt budget and goes off to some other well deserve Govt project. The great part of it is, each person can pretend where that 400K went. It could be Planned parent hood, Buying a new F35 jet, new roads. Whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    15% tax rates. Understand what that means.
    thats gonna be a nice tax increase for people paying less than 15%

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Salary isn't the issue. Funds, lobbying - a nice way of saying corruption - are the problem.
    Trump can partly self-fund his campaign. Can others do the same? No.
    Trump didn't self fund his campaign though. He only donated 56 million of a promised 100 million. He is also getting it back through loans all while creating a tax plan he benefits him a lot more than 400,000 dollars. I personally think he is a con man but we'll see.

I've also heard Trump has a questionable record when it comes to actually donating as well.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-11-14 at 05:11 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not really sure what's up with everyone falling all over themselves to convince everyone this can't possibly turn out poorly. Bush was at least qualified for the office and had some idea what he was doing.
    No, I have no doubt there are a lot of issues incoming. Looking at the people he is appointing to the EPA or the one for head of education, I think those are huge mistakes. The fact that he could appoint two Supreme Court Judges could be harmful. However until shit actually starts happening I'd at least like to give him a chance and see how it goes. I'd like to hope he keeps Pence away from peoples rights, but who knows! Maybe Im being overly optimistic and gay people are about to be figuratively burnt at the stake. At least if Trump is making some effort to extend olive branches it's a sign he realises there is a huge amount of people that hate him that he needs to reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yep, just accuse me of bias. That's productive and accurate.
    It's neither one nor the other. But it was never supposed to be. There is nothing to accuse you off, everyone KNOWS that you're biased, you've demonstrated it numerous times. I am merely doing what I've been doing for weeks - pointing out hypocrisy and double standards.

The election is over, you lost. There's nothing to be productive or proactive about anymore.
    You may now kiss the ring.