Deleted

Interesting SIMC result

I have leg bracers and decided to sim my character out of curiosity. The gear I'm wearing now gives me these stats:

1. Crit 33.12%
    2. Haste 17.51%
    3. Mastery 33.12%
    4. Versatility 1.53%

I simmed my char with typical build I'm using: BS, PP, Castigator, IC, SR. Result gave me this stat weights:

1. Str 10.76
    2. Haste 9.99
    3. Vers 9.13
    4. AP 9.09
    5. Crit 9.29
    6. Mastery 9.93
    7. WDps 8.50

Then I used these stat weights on AskMrRobot for BiS gear and end result looked like this:

1. Crit 16.90%
    2. Haste 25.91%
    3. Mastery 70.42%
    4. Versatility 4.28%

Now my question is: Would you pursue gear that gave me this result?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post

Then I used these stat weights on AskMrRobot for BiS gear and end result looked like this:

Well, with every gear you change, your statweights changes too. So you shouldn't make your gear based on that one statweight. You should try to sim your character with every new piece you get. Try to sim the BIS gear AMR gave you and you'll see that your statweights changes again.

Edit: to make it more clear, try to get a little bit of the stat that sims the highest and sim your character again, to see if its still your stat with the most priority.
    Last edited by mmoca3185420f8; 2016-11-14 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Ok, but what's the point in simming and stat weights then? I can spin in circles like this forever not knowing if the piece is an upgrade or not...

Deleted
    For an example: with the gear AMR would give you, you would only have 16.90% crit. If you would sim your character again, crit would probably be your stat with the heighest weight.

What I mean is, you can't take the whole gear as a BIS gear. You could take a few pieces and sim your character again to see which point is your heighest now. The point in simming and stat weights is to see which stat will give you the most dps with your current (!) gear and this will change with every piece of gear you change.

@Jebachina - I'll try to explain some differences between the 2 sim's stat weights. And I can also run some tests for you if you give me your character name/realm.

SimC has 1 stat weight option, 'right now' and it is based on your current exact gear - it looks at 1 data point above your current gear and 1 data point below.

When you generated weights for AMR, there is a customizable field that lets you tell the simulator how far out you want to plan your gear. So you can do 'right now' (set the min iLevel field to 5 below your current gear and the max 5 levels above your current gear to do this, so you get points above and below your gear). If you want to plan further out, set the min to 5 below and the max as far out as you want to plan.

AMR's stat weights look at ALL gear possibilities for you, not just your current set. That allows you to get weights that choose not only your next upgrade, but it can then pick the best items that you already own. We also simulate 1000s of data points for each stat (not just 1), so the results are very solid.

Lastly, I can run simulations on each of the stat weight scenarios and show you how to do that too. I just need your character name/realm and I can use the weights you posted and get back to you.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

The less of a stat you have the more valuable it is to you. Because you have low haste, it has become your highest yielding stat. If you changed your gear for a lot more haste, it will start becoming less valuable to you and crit will shoot up on your stat weights.