Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    i think the better question is, are you saying that is IS? lol
    You said explcitly that a Toyota Corolla is ''a beta mobile''.

Deleted
    Liar! Our new Trump overlord says the climate isn't changing! So clearly you are a libtard, libhral, communist, nazi, democrat, cuck, SJW or whatever idiotic ''insults'' 'Muricans sling at each other nowadays

Deleted
    Well, it is happening. It happened in the past and it will happen in the future. We know it and well, there is hardly anything that can be done about it as it will go with it's own pace.

However, we people, like to think about ourselves as a reason and cause....of everything because that gives us "power" we carve. But we are nothing more than a weak reflection's in evolution's history. Not to mention our impact on global warming is...insignificant at least, and this CO2, the prime enemy of almost every enviromentalist out there is, well, one of the least significant one, especially in comparision to steam.

But, quoting mr Carlin: "Save the planet?! What are you all out of your minds?! The planet is fine! WE ARE F***ED!" Nothing more to say.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordWellington View Post
    Are you aware that ''salty'' is not just a term used to mock people that don't read Breitbart but to depict oceanic waters ? (This is one example of the water ''just going up by a few meters)
    The environmentalist are the salty ones, they lost. We are on track to use more fossil fuels and eat more meat. Everything is going good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The environmentalist are the salty ones, they lost. We are on track to use more fossil fuels and eat more meat. Everything is going good.
    They lost? Everyone loses

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They lost? Everyone loses
    Nah, advanced societies will adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    But Trump says it isn't real. Nice try Tennisace!
    In any case. His goals of reducing trade with China, will inadvertently have a tremendous impact on emissions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ars-world.html

TL;DR 16 Shipping tankers pollution > all cars on earth pollution... fun Fact there aren't 16 tankers actively circling the globe... there are Thousands. Put that in perspective.

Furthermore, China doesn't impose environmental laws and regulations on factories like the U.S. does (part of why it is so much cheaper to manufacture in China... that and labor).

So if you reduce our reliance on China, you reduce the necessity to ship and the output of said factories. In any case we should see a significant decrease in air pollution. Trump 2016! Who knew!

The pollution spreads out eventually, it's not the end of the world. Lifespan has still been going up overall despite increases in pollution.
    ... Spreads evenly... If I spread my garbage evenly over your property will you let me dump it there? This is the weakest argument for status quo I've ever heard. People used to throw their shit in the streets. Can't we at least agree that progress forward means cleaning things up?

Yes, of course, you also have to be, how you say, a ''beta'' to say that American diet is way too meaty. It's ''unvirile'' that too.

Deleted
    The irony is, The biggest contributors to global warming are India, China and Indonesia. Turns out burning down Miles upon miles of Rainforest releases tons more carbon than even fossil fuels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, advanced societies will adapt.
    Why adapt? I thought conservatives love shit staying the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordWellington View Post
    Yes, of course, you also have to be, how you say, a ''beta'' to say that American diet is way too meaty. It's ''unvirile'' that too.
    Considering most people nowadays suffer from a lack of Protein in their diets, I'd say meat and two veg are always a good thing.

Nothing like Roast beef, Goosefat roast potatos and steamed Broccoli for Iron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The irony is, The biggest contributors to global warming are India, China and Indonesia. Turns out burning down Miles upon miles of Rainforest releases tons more carbon than even fossil fuels.
    China is also the world leader in renewable energy so. It's almost like they realize how fucked they are. When a city is basically locked down for smog you know it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    In any case. His goals of reducing trade with China, will inadvertently have a tremendous impact on emissions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ars-world.html

TL;DR 16 Shipping tankers pollution > all cars on earth pollution... fun Fact there aren't 16 tankers actively circling the globe... there are Thousands. Put that in perspective.

Furthermore, China doesn't impose environmental laws and regulations on factories like the U.S. does (part of why it is so much cheaper to manufacture in China... that and labor).

So if you reduce our reliance on China, you reduce the necessity to ship and the output of said factories. In any case we should see a significant decrease in air pollution. Trump 2016! Who knew!
    Because of course sending a container ship across the Pacific use more oil than sending the cargo across hundreds of trucks over the united states ? (Because of course, in the USA, train is also considered not virile enough)

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post
    Well, it is happening. It happened in the past and it will happen in the future. We know it and well, there is hardly anything that can be done about it as it will go with it's own pace.

However, we people, like to think about ourselves as a reason and cause....of everything because that gives us "power" we carve. But we are nothing more than a weak reflection's in evolution's history. Not to mention our impact on global warming is...insignificant at least, and this CO2, the prime enemy of almost every enviromentalist out there is, well, one of the least significant one, especially in comparision to steam.

But, quoting mr Carlin: "Save the planet?! What are you all out of your minds?! The planet is fine! WE ARE F***ED!" Nothing more to say.
    Good gravy, this is the problem with the internet.

Yes, Steam, or Water Vapor is one of the strongest greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. But it's a complete McGuffin. Water Vapor has a short cycle in the atmosphere before it falls in the form of rain and snow. It doesn't get to linger in layers for inordinate periods of time in the upper atmosphere unlike CO2 or CH4. It's simple chemistry.

What does happen however is that water vapor increases as temperature does, so while it does have a cumulative effect (ha, get it? clouds!) overall, it's still an issue being driven by anthropogenic forces. The water vapor in the atmosphere is merely exacerbated by overall warming.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

[QUOTE=The Fiend;43289609]Considering most people nowadays suffer from a lack of Protein in their diets, I'd say meat and two veg are always a good thing.

Nothing like Roast beef, Goosefat roast potatos and steamed Broccoli for Iron.[/QUOTE

Oh yea, that's something that immediately come across my mind ''Americans lack protein''. Of course.

FFS, poultry is meat too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Climate change is such a reality that i am considering overclocking my I5 3570K to gain some heat here in cold Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Then scientists have apparently never examined the fossil record, which shows tropical plants once thrived in North America.
    Prior to humans, in conditions we would not work well in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Can't we at least agree that progress forward means cleaning things up?
    Yeah there are some contaminated areas of the US to clean up, but nothing we cant handle. The people who think we're on the verge of living in a lifeless wasteland have been brainwashed by baseless fear mongering.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-11-14 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    To think we have people who want to build even more pipelines
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't live in the U.S. so it's up to the folk down south to make a stand.
    Right. So, I'm sure you've been giving a lot of Canadian money to different organizations, and taking part in protests, to fight the Keystone XL pipeline, which will bring the Canadian poison crude oil from Alberta through the United States to Nebraska, from where the oil will then be exported out of the US? Right? And you were doing everything in your power to stop the Keystone phase 1 back in 2010, as well?

I mean, it's Canadian oil. From Canada. Being sent through the US in pipes that can burst at any point.

Where's the stand you made?