Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    QFT!

@TheramoreIsTheBomb
    Why are people allowed to continue to post shit when they clearly have nothing to say?

Drop an article with nothing to add or contribute.

Pose provocative questions and then leave (not that this one is provocative).

All to increase post/started thread count? Why are there so many people who have taken it upon themselves to participate in these forums not to actually have conversation, but self appointed topic starters (as if that was needed).
    Okay let me offer the reasons why WoD ending was the best thing about the expansion.

WoD was a horrible expansion that offered me no fun whatsoever. I saw the lore at Blizzcon, said nope, and came back later thinking that I would have some shit to catch up on. I was wrong. There was literally nothing to do at all. It took me 4 weeks to get my legendary ring in LFR. I heard stories of people standing in their garrisons all day and... well guess what I did? Stand in my garrison all day. The raiding guild I was in during MoP achieved somewhere around top 40 or 30 om the world for mythic Highmaul and then burnt out cuz the expansion was so terrible it offered them nothing else to do. WoD was the first time I had unsubbed for most of an expansion since... never. Literally never. I've been playing since Vanilla WoW with an active sub for all those years and WoD was so bad I couldn't play it.

I was excited when I got to see all the cool shit in Legion. Best part of WoD was the ending.

In terms of 'what I did in WoW during WoD', probably all the rare mount collecting. Some of that was in WoD content - the Voidtalon is a particularly memorable one - but mostly in old-world content. Having nothing to do in Draenor + easy alt levelling = lots and lots of farming.

Strictly limiting it to WoD content itself, probably pugging my way to 8/8 CM gold a couple of weeks before pre-patch. A tortuous experience at times, but ultimately very satisfying.

I still don't see what was even the point of WoD, they could've easily went from MoP to Legion with the only difference being no Gul'dan. What was up with all this scrapped content and huge content droughs with only 1 real major patch? It really feels like they were just trying to advertise the Warcraft movie with a rushed ''inbetween expansion'', while also trying to play with the nostalgia for TBC.

But yeah I will never miss WoD, it damaged the game so bad that I doubt that it can ever recover.

Deleted
    "We are free" - Grommash, Massmurderer
    *People who lost family and friends because of him cheer*

10+ Year Old Account
    BRF and HFC were super fun raids and I'm glad I got to experience them when they were current content. I also miss Garrison gold factory but I still never want to go back there if I can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What are some memorable moments from the expansion in your opinion?
    the pre patch when i was expecting legion and was like finally this terrible expansion is over !

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I enjoyed a lot of WoD, to be honest. I liked the garrisons, for what they were. I enjoyed the massive amount of gold that I was able to acquire. I enjoyed a lot of the lore and story elements as well as Yrel's storyarc. I liked BRF as a raid. The HD character models was drastically needed, and I love what they've become. That and I had a lot of fun with RP associated with the expansion. So, I had many fond memories of it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Plenty good memories/reactions. On top of my head:

- The incredible improvement in server responsiveness when 6.0 landed.
    - Revamped character models
    - Introduction of tokens
    - The initial leveling and experiencing the new dungeons (quite fun) for the first time.
    - The initial leveling experiencing, gathering a big raid group of people from my B.Net list to power through apexis dailies and hunt down rares.
    - Experiencing seamless transition to scenarios with people I was questing with in my party (sad to see that go away in legion).
    - Experiencing the new raids, particularly BRF.
    - Hunting down treasures and achievments, including cycling through garrison buildings on my main to get all the rewards and achievements.
    - Gladiator talent for Prot Warrior (RIP)
    - Running Grove Warden carries
    - Giving a go at Mythic HFC with my crossrealm group
    - Getting CM Gold and Platinum invasions with my closest guildies

It was not amazing expansion, potentially the worst so far, but it was surely an enjoyable time and well worth the money, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-11-14 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Okay let me offer the reasons why WoD ending was the best thing about the expansion.

WoD was a horrible expansion that offered me no fun whatsoever. I saw the lore at Blizzcon, said nope, and came back later thinking that I would have some shit to catch up on. I was wrong. There was literally nothing to do at all. It took me 4 weeks to get my legendary ring in LFR. I heard stories of people standing in their garrisons all day and... well guess what I did? Stand in my garrison all day. The raiding guild I was in during MoP achieved somewhere around top 40 or 30 om the world for mythic Highmaul and then burnt out cuz the expansion was so terrible it offered them nothing else to do. WoD was the first time I had unsubbed for most of an expansion since... never. Literally never. I've been playing since Vanilla WoW with an active sub for all those years and WoD was so bad I couldn't play it.

I was excited when I got to see all the cool shit in Legion. Best part of WoD was the ending.
    Am I wrong in my understanding of what QFT means? Perhaps I should have gone back and quoted the OP instead of mentioning him... ma bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What are some memorable moments from the expansion in your opinion?
    hitting the unsub button

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That moment a week or two after hitting max level when you look around and ask yourself "is that all??? really?" was pretty memorable.
    This. I can't believe it's only been 2 years. I actually had to look it up because I would've sworn it was 3.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This. I can't believe it's only been 2 years. I actually had to look it up because I would've sworn it was 3.
    If time flies when you're having fun, then standing in your garrison probably slowed it to a crawl. It's all a matter of perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling was good

All the enjoyment I had doing other entertaining things whilst unsubbed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    My best memory of WOD was on August 30, 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    When it ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    The most memorable moment was when it finally ended. Good riddance WoD.
    All of these are great answers and mimic my own.

Leveling was pretty fun, and Blackrock Foundry was a fun raid.

Probably about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed being on the enormous hate train. The vindication was incredible and every few months Blizzard would somehow fan the flames of anger in their playerbase even more.

I enjoyed the bouncy Night Elf running animation even though it only lasted for like two months. I'll always be kinda sad about that one.

It hurts to compliment this title, but some of the music was pretty good (Shakedown and Shadowmoon Valley are amongst my favorites). I did not think leveling was good because I actually appreciate good storytelling but I did enjoy the short-lived sensation that "WoW was back" after the huge community return. I enjoyed Mistweaving in the final patch and all things considered HFC wasn't a terrible raid if you were able to ignore the egregious storytelling flaws.

And WoW tokens. I mean, the game was so bad that they gave it to you for free, but if the game had been good, we very well may have been paying money for our subs right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game. Time. TOKEN. I played for free for a year thanks to that, I could still do that if I felt like it but I like to hoard my gold.

I really did enjoy watching that smoking boots quest npc wave then suddenly explode I was like oh a quest, oh... OH! OH MY GOD! But it's okay, I have her boots so she won't be forgotten. Wait.... You mean I'm required to be on Draenor to use half these toys? WHAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoD was one of the better expansions
    I love you and all your posts but this seems odd when your sig reads:

"TBC > Legion = Vanilla = WoTLK > Cata > WoD > MoP"

Ashran was pretty fun at the beginning of the expansion.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."