Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Or you inherit it which sucks ass aswell since everyone will see you as someone who had everything handed to him. And you still have to work twice as hard to proof them wrong.
    You mean for those that actually care to prove people wrong or work hard. You're putting an awful lot of positive charactertraits onto your imaginary rich people

Poor people have ez jobs, people on wellfare never have to work. They do get enough to suffice for their daily needs. They dont have to take executive decisions that grow on someones character, etc. Besides, your often viewed as a victim so people feel sympathy for you.
    You seriously underestimate the stress the negative stigma associated with welfare or lower-middle class jobs carry.

You seem biased and very naive in your way of viewing the world. I'm not sure the discussion will carry worthwhile fruit of any kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big brother would fall under "rich". I'm well off, but being broke sucked...not sure how this is really even a question. Obviously being poor is mor difficult.

The fact that someone even thinks being rich is a problem so they ahve to create a thread about it shows how totally out of touch with reality so many people ahve become in todays world.

More importantly than personal belongings, money is an indicator of potential available opportunity. No one chases the state of being poor, and there's a very good reason for that.

im an average to low income person and i say mo' money mo' problems.

you have to use your brain a lot more when you're rich, thats how you stay rich.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

OP, you really couldn't be more wrong.

Low-income jobs are some of the most physically strenuous because often the "drudge" jobs are the ones someone is forced to take up when they're low-income, not to mention several locations in the US at least requiring the income of two fulltime jobs to even have a chance of getting by. Decisions you make with your money can determine whether or not you keep your house and/or eat. Often they have to rely on the government to survive which is perilous at best considering how often laws change. If your income forces you to rely on foodstamps or any other kind of welfare system, you are at the mercy of ever-changing laws that could exempt you and completely fuck your life at any point.

And seen as a victim? Don't make me laugh. What world do you live in? At least in the US, the poor are treated oftentimes with open contempt. What imaginary universe did you conjure up to try and mentally justify this?

Deleted
    Probly Rich people.
    But i also think it kidna depends on if u was rich before or was "born" rich.

people work their ass off to keep the lights on, put food on the table, ect. And feel happy for paying the bills on time.

Your reasoning is beyond stupid and ignorant that it is simply insulting. I hope this is simply trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    All I know is that the left says I'm more privileged than any black person - JayZ and Obama included.

So me and my 3 noodle meals a week say that it's all about that skin color, that dictates how easier or harder life is.
    Yes, it's the left that always brings up race.

black person
    skin color
    It's always the left.

The premise of this thread is ridiculous, but I imagine that most rich people probably do feel this way. Yeah, it probably does suck to have to shoulder a bunch of unrealistic expectations from a young age, and to have everyone assume you're a spoiled brat even if you aren't, but you know, grow the fuck up. There are people out there with real problems that you will never even have to think about, regardless of how bad you fuck up, so be thankful for that.

All I know is that the left says I'm more privileged than any black person - JayZ and Obama included.
    You are not more privileged than any black person, but you are certainly more privileged than most minorities would be in your position - socially and economically. That is all the concept of "privilege" is trying to convey, not the bastardized screeches from SJW-esque turds.
    A concept that should be used to inspire someone to be grateful for their own position and compassionate to those lower than them tarnished because some people conflated it with "guilt" :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It's always the left.
    Nowhere did I state it was only the Left. Nice try though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there are still people who believe the rich work "hard" for their money?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post

It's always the left.
    Funny it was the left who brought it up, let alone say something that is simply hyperbolic and false

But ya when Trump talks about immigration he doesn't just say immigration, he says the Muslims and Mexicans are coming to murder you, so no its not "just the left"
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2016-11-14 at 11:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's worse, living with a labor-induced back injury that you can only pay for if you skip out on food for a month, or having to get a poor dude to come in your house from time to time to clean it.

Also, how many rich people do you see singing and cheering when they go bankrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    OP are you rich?
    How is this a question?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

So who has it easier? Rich people or poor people?
    Rich people.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Who has it harder, people in developed nations or people in impoverished war torn nations?

Now you may think that people in impoverished nations have it harder, but think about it. People in developed nations have to pay for car insurance, they have to pay for taxes, they have to think about what to get people for their birthdays!"

#firstworldproblems
    #richpeopleproblems
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Now your first thought would obviously be "rich people". But hear me out.

You either become rich by working your ass off, which isnt easy at all. Or you inherit it which sucks ass aswell since everyone will see you as someone who had everything handed to him. And you still have to work twice as hard to proof them wrong. Never mind the fact that rich people have to deal with blackmail, abduction for ransome, etc. and alot of times you never hear about it.

Poor people have ez jobs, people on wellfare never have to work. They do get enough to suffice for their daily needs. They dont have to take executive decisions that grow on someones character, etc. Besides, your often viewed as a victim so people feel sympathy for you.

I guess I see where you're coming from, but I think you are mixing things or thinking too much into it.

There are hard-working poor people and hard-working rich people, as well as lazy poor people and lazy rich people. Both have stigma associated, especially the lazy ones (rich people from inharitance/rich parents/luck; poor people from wellfare). The hard-working ones will have stress and struggles. And sometimes even the rich hard-working ones can somewhat struggle to pay the bills (because even though they make a lot more money, they also spend a lot more money)

The big difference is the rich people, wether hard-working or lazy, will have a much greater quality of life and sense of finnancial security (easier to deal with economic "surprises" like ninja bills or paying for medical care if you have a lot of money).

Side comment: "people on wellfare never have to work" / "they get enough to suffice for their daily needs" is VERY relative. Depends a lot on the country and how many dependant people live in the household, for instance. I guarantee in many countries there isn't even wellfare, and many that do have it's barely enough to pay rent for a crappy old house, let alone feed, clothe and support the education of kids and stuff.

You either become rich by working your ass off, which isnt easy at all. Or you inherit it which sucks ass aswell since everyone will see you as someone who had everything handed to him. And you still have to work twice as hard to proof them wrong. Never mind the fact that rich people have to deal with blackmail, abduction for ransome, etc. and alot of times you never hear about it.

You're kidding right?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

Theres a lot of people trying to be rich, and no sane people trying to be poor. Working hard to become rich, blackmail, abduction etc are all things that can be avoided. The fact that rich people dont give away their wealth, or stop working as hard should be clear enough proof that they could be poor but choose not to. Rich people can still have "ez" jobs. The only issue i see for rich people is inheriting money since that would make them rich outside their own control, and donating 100% of it away could be judged by others as a psychological issue. But as long as rich people can choose to be poor and dont do so, rich people have it easier.