Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Rich or not, Obama never passed on this offer. Way to go Trump. Haters will hate. Happy to see him.
    Lol....but does obama owe the government 18 years of taxes. Does the government owe allot of people money for failed businesses, or for fake schools?

Like i said before. Its like he took 50 candy's from baby's and 1 week later gave a other baby 1 lollipop. Giving 1 lollipop does not make you a hero. Especially when you took them from other baby's a week before.

10+ Year Old Account
    A person bathing under a waterfall does not concern himself with the few drops of water falling elsewhere.

That being said this is a good gesture on his part however because he could take those few drops of water as well which in this case is the presidential salary.

So far judging by some of his appointees and his willingness to compromise on certain policies makes me hopeful that he will lean more moderate than full on conservative far-right.

I have a lot of problems with how he presented himself as a person and I don't agree with many of the policies he can potentially enact, but I get the feeling that he's trying. At the end of the day he is the president-elect of the US, no matter how many people don't want to admit it.

It sucks that Obama faced such obstructionism and Republican media has made him out to the devil incarnate, but if the same liberal vs conservative feud continues then this country is never going to realize it's full potential.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

It's a PR gesture. It's a drop in the bucket compared to any spending and he doesn't need it. What he does need, however, is some good PR.

I don't think any more or less of him for it. I don't care for Trump but I'm still waiting to see how things go before I judge. His cabinet considerations thus far are some Legion of Doom type shit but I'm trying to be hopeful.

Some people, probably those who have a lot more to lose from a Republican White House, are just praying he'll do something wild and get impeached but man I am WAY the fuck more afraid of Pence than Trump. Trump seems like an asshole but Pence seems full blown fucking insane.
    Last edited by Brickwalls; 2016-11-15 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good move, but he has a looooooong way to go before he earns my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    A person bathing under a waterfall does not concern himself with the few drops of water falling elsewhere.

That being said this is a good gesture on his part however because he could take those few drops of water as well which in this case is the presidential salary.

So far judging by some of his appointees and his willingness to compromise on certain policies makes me hopeful that he will lean more moderate than full on conservative far-right.

I have a lot of problems with how he presented himself as a person and I don't agree with many of the policies he can potentially enact, but I get the feeling that he's trying. At the end of the day he is the president-elect of the US, no matter how many people don't want to admit it.

It sucks that Obama faced such obstructionism and Republican media has made him out to the devil incarnate, but if the same liberal vs conservative feud continues then this country is never going to realize it's full potential.
    HHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are kidding right? He is only compromising because he is seeing the riots outside and the trump supporters who have gone full 1920 kkk. And moderate, lol have you seen the people he wants for the jobs??? those are not moderate people. Or you must find anti planned parenthood, global warming, anti lbgt etc etc rights all lefty fake dreams?

but I get the feeling that he's trying
    Have you even followed then news??? They told that he is THE most unprepared candidate ever. Romney had pages with plans how to do stuff and change laws. Pages....i mean documents. Do you know how much he has on paper....NOTHING!!!!!

And obama never got a fair chance. Everything he did republicans blocked.

I am kinda sick and tired of people defending him. Yes he has won and we should respect it.

But he is for this day and age a very rude , racist, discriminating, misogynistic man. Who has by most accounts a bad noes for business. Seeing that most of them fail. Who does not pay taxes. Cry's about someone else her emails. While he is "misplacing" his emails for his own court dates. Ohh yeah And he has several lawsuits against him. Who does not prepare for nothing. Believe's everything his people say. Even tough the most backwater country's in the world understand things better. Who has a temper that even outdoes a drunken Nixon.

I could go on and on.

But he is elected and we should deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll change his mind quickly after finding out how much stuff the POTUS is expected to pay for out of pocket.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    HHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are kidding right? He is only compromising because he is seeing the riots outside and the trump supporters who have gone full 1920 kkk. And moderate, lol have you seen the people he wants for the jobs??? those are not moderate people. Or you must find anti planned parenthood, global warming, anti lbgt etc etc rights all lefty fake dreams?

Have you even followed then news??? They told that he is THE most unprepared candidate ever. Romney had pages with plans how to do stuff and change laws. Pages....i mean documents. Do you know how much he has on paper....NOTHING!!!!!

And obama never got a fair chance. Everything he did republicans blocked.

I am kinda sick and tired of people defending him. Yes he has won and we should respect it.

But he is for this day and age a very rude , racist, discriminating, misogynistic man. Who has by most accounts a bad noes for business. Seeing that most of them fail. Who does not pay taxes. Cry's about someone else her emails. While he is "misplacing" his emails for his own court dates. Ohh yeah And he has several lawsuits against him. Who does not prepare for nothing. Believe's everything his people say. Even tough the most backwater country's in the world understand things better. Who has a temper that even outdoes a drunken Nixon.

I could go on and on.

But he is elected and we should deal with it.
    By all means, please do. We were rather enjoying your hysterical tantrum.

Lol not hysterical. Other wise their would .gifs, links to articles etc etc in it.

But like some people already said. Its going to be fun seeing this shit show un-raffle. The bush jokes are going to be nothing in comparison to this "president".

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol that line: . He is a liar. He says 1 thing does a other. If you put 1 drop of water in a glass that does not mean you poured me a glass of water.
    He said that he self funded it. He did not. And taking a loan to pay for something he could easy pay for himself if he is that rich says enough. Loans can be written off etc in taxes, you know the thing he does not pay.
    Every politician or would be politician is a liar. Why would Trump be any different?

He didn't put 1 drop of water in the glass, he filled the glass like 90%. More then enough in my book and 50+ million others. Obviously to those who have a pre-disposition to dislike him, this is a YUGE deal. But let's not kid ourselves here, he could fart glitter, piss rainbows, make flowers grow everywhere he walked, and heal the sick and people would still hate him.

I don't think people understand the loan issue. It's not like he borrowed 50 million of some strangers money to run and claimed he self funded. He took a loan from his own business, technically his own money. If he went to the atm, threw 50 million of his own money down, he would never be able to recoup that money, even if he never spent it. Once it's been committed to a political campaign, the FEC rules would prohibit him getting it back. He could however recoup his money that he didn't spend through a loan which is legally considered an expense. Which is what any sensible individual who knew what the fuck they were doing, would do.
    The loan's however were written off.

I mean I don't understand the logic in trying to shame Trump for not paying taxs. I make a point to hire a tax professional every year to maximize my refund and make sure I don't pay anything more in taxs then I have to. So does every other american. Let me guess though, you make sure you pay every cent you possibly can in federal taxs though am I right? Many companies hire tax professionals and purposely maneuver their companies to pay no tax. I don't hear you bitching about level 3, United Continental, American Airlines, GM, Hewlett-Packard, Amerisource Bergen, E-Trade, Mallinckrodt, Qorvo, Vornado Realty, Microchip Tech, Crown Castle, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Loews, Ventas, General Growth Properties, Willis Towers Watson Public, Apt. Invest. & Management, PG&E, Xerox, News Corp, XL Group, Legg Mason, Citrix Systems, First Solar, Macerich, GE, Apple, and Weyerhauser who continuously pay no tax or refuse to pay their taxs, etc etc. So please, stop acting like not paying anything in taxs is something you really give a shit about.

Ironically enough, the one person who wants to close the loopholes and eliminate the need to even have to hire a tax professional so you don't get bent the fuck over by the IRS is the person you have an issue with. It's astonishing. I mean you are literally railing against the guy who's making it impossible for these companies to avoid paying tax.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    $400,000 a year is trivial compared to basically any other government expense. I guess it's a nice gesture, but it's not a big deal one way or the other.
    ^ This.

It's exactly the sort of thing that the Right will cling to though, despite any evidence to the contrary - he could rack up record deficits and they would still go, "Yes, but he didn't take his presidential salary!"
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Lol not hysterical. Other wise their would .gifs, links to articles etc etc in it.

But like some people already said. Its going to be fun seeing this shit show un-raffle. The bush jokes are going to be nothing in comparison to this "president".
    No, your rant was completely hysterical. Please tell us more about President Vader and what he did to those younglings. Half of what you were QQing is just internet memes that aren't even true.

Do us a favor and get on the floor and kick and punch hysterically while someone films it, then post it here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    His financial disclosure form showed he made at least $380 million dollars last year. $400k while a nice small gesture, is a tiny drop in the bucket. It's hardly newsworthy, it would probably be more newsworthy if he did take it since that would be pretty obnoxious. Christianity (per Deuteronomy) recommends tithing at least 10%, so hopefully he's following that which is way more then the $400k Presidential salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Every politician or would be politician is a liar. Why would Trump be any different?

He didn't put 1 drop of water in the glass, he filled the glass like 90%. More then enough in my book and 50+ million others. Obviously to those who have a pre-disposition to dislike him, this is a YUGE deal. But let's not kid ourselves here, he could fart glitter, piss rainbows, make flowers grow everywhere he walked, and heal the sick and people would still hate him.

I don't think people understand the loan issue. It's not like he borrowed 50 million of some strangers money to run and claimed he self funded. He took a loan from his own business, technically his own money. If he went to the atm, threw 50 million of his own money down, he would never be able to recoup that money, even if he never spent it. Once it's been committed to a political campaign, the FEC rules would prohibit him getting it back. He could however recoup his money that he didn't spend through a loan which is legally considered an expense. Which is what any sensible individual who knew what the fuck they were doing, would do.
    The loan's however were written off.

I mean I don't understand the logic in trying to shame Trump for not paying taxs. I make a point to hire a tax professional every year to maximize my refund and make sure I don't pay anything more in taxs then I have to. So does every other american. Let me guess though, you make sure you pay every cent you possibly can in federal taxs though am I right? Many companies hire tax professionals and purposely maneuver their companies to pay no tax. I don't hear you bitching about level 3, United Continental, American Airlines, GM, Hewlett-Packard, Amerisource Bergen, E-Trade, Mallinckrodt, Qorvo, Vornado Realty, Microchip Tech, Crown Castle, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Loews, Ventas, General Growth Properties, Willis Towers Watson Public, Apt. Invest. & Management, PG&E, Xerox, News Corp, XL Group, Legg Mason, Citrix Systems, First Solar, Macerich, GE, Apple, and Weyerhauser who continuously pay no tax or refuse to pay their taxs, etc etc. So please, stop acting like not paying anything in taxs is something you really give a shit about.

Ironically enough, the one person who wants to close the loopholes and eliminate the need to even have to hire a tax professional so you don't get bent the fuck over by the IRS is the person you have an issue with. It's astonishing. I mean you are literally railing against the guy who's making it impossible for these companies to avoid paying tax.
    I could not agree more. The whole presidents showing tax returns is pointless. Can't we all just assume the IRS is on top of things, and doesn't need the public to spot problems with the return?

While we are at it, can presidents please stop giving us tax plans, and other legislative agendas, since they have literally zero role in them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    His financial disclosure form showed he made at least $380 million dollars last year. $400k while a nice small gesture, is a tiny drop in the bucket. It's hardly newsworthy, it would probably be more newsworthy if he did take it since that would be pretty obnoxious. Christianity (per Deuteronomy) recommends tithing at least 10%, so hopefully he's following that which is way more then the $400k Presidential salary.
    I was amused he had to ask how much it was. I guess that shows how much people run for the salary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a real promise.... or just another sarcastic promise, like promising to donate to some charity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I could not agree more. The whole presidents showing tax returns is pointless. Can't we all just assume the IRS is on top of things, and doesn't need the public to spot problems with the return?

While we are at it, can presidents please stop giving us tax plans, and other legislative agendas, since they have literally zero role in them?
    It is pointless until someone runs on a campaign of being rich and criticizes his opponents in both parties for not paying enough in taxes. After that, said person should disclose their taxes. But he wont.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I don't think thats how charitable donation deductions should work in GENERAL. People deduct a shitload in taxes off of their charitable donations each year (billions and billions) and they arent even necessarily good ones, like the clinton foundation.
    Good point. Didn't think about it that way, especially with how terrifically had some "charities" are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It is pointless until someone runs on a campaign of being rich and criticizes his opponents in both parties for not paying enough in taxes. After that, said person should disclose their taxes. But he wont.
    Politics is a contact sport, sorry. Also, there are no participation ribbons either.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You do know why US hospitals charge so much for those things, right?

You also know a charitable donation to hospitals does not necessarily go to pay their saline tab at the saline store, right?

I am going to assume yes to both my questions and continue eating this apple.
    Hospitals would never intentionally price gouge anyone for anything, they are saintly entities.

No, don't understand how a 3$ bag of saline, produced and shipped in a sanitary condition, suddenly becomes 670$ more expensive the moment it is administered to you. Is it laced with Jesus at the hospital somehow and we aren't told?

Surely you can explain 28$ a dose for generic tylenol or the hospitals charging for parents to hold their child for the first time? Charging 30$ for a pair of latex gloves?

Hell, they even charged my friend 2 extra days in the hospital after he was dead and vigorously pursued his estate for the bill after his insurance company refused to pay.

Perfectly acceptable explanations for all of those things, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Hospitals would never intentionally price gouge anyone for anything, they are saintly entities.

No, don't understand how a 3$ bag of saline, produced and shipped in a sanitary condition, suddenly becomes 670$ more expensive the moment it is administered to you. Is it laced with Jesus at the hospital somehow and we aren't told?

Surely you can explain 28$ a dose for generic tylenol or the hospitals charging for parents to hold their child for the first time? Charging 30$ for a pair of latex gloves?

Hell, they even charged my friend 2 extra days in the hospital after he was dead and vigorously pursued his estate for the bill after his insurance company refused to pay.

Perfectly acceptable explanations for all of those things, I'm sure.
    It almost sounds like you are saying it was idiotic to try and lower health care costs via insurance reform, since they only made up about 5-10% of the cost. Surely you are not putting that wild idea out there publicly...

/sarcasm etc

Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    This is good.

And all the people choosing to be salty no matter what amuse me. We get it. You don't like Trump.
    And people holding this up as something special aren't helping.
    He can afford to turn it down, simple as that.
    This quite possibly isn't some selfless gesture, but more a PR stunt.
    Same reason why many others with money show off with things they can get written off or just with money they can afford to lose.

It will take a lot more than PR-stunt level acts to persuade me.
    What he does when in power is what will do that, one way or the other.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-15 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.