Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The rich tend to have easier solutions to their problems but more problems to deal with. And then eventually there will be problems for which there is no solution and you wonder if it was all really worth it.

Deleted
    " no sane people trying to be poor" But there are sane people not intrested in materialistic wealth, or acquiring it always more and more. Ive met with many of these, who are content to their lot in life and stay happy while acquiring less than they could. Its a matter of values, how you look at life and what things make you happy. To some people the pursuit of happines is not gaining material wealth, but things like freedom, family, pets, nature etc.

Fancy that.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-11-15 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    " no sane people trying to be poor" But there are sane people not intrested in materialistic wealth, or acquiring it always more and more. Ive met with many of these, who are content to their lot in life and stay happy while acquiring less than they could. Its a matter of values, how you look at life and what things make you happy. To some people the pursuit of happines is not gaining material wealth, but things like freedom, family, pets, nature etc.

Fancy that.
    Most of those people still have their basic needs fully met through something, though, whether it's labor or something else, that is relatively secure. Welfare and very low skill work are not secure positions to be in for meeting your basic needs.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm considered above average income currently, but I wouldn't call myself rich. However, I've experienced both extremes, I was raised in a rich household and have been so impoverished that I often went hungry, living paycheck to paycheck (or less than that), with my exes.

It is very simple, once you break the poverty line (or more like the welfare line, the instance where you make more money than you would if you had welfare but earned less) and establish yourself (home, vehicle, career or job that makes sufficient money), it only goes up from there, so long as you don't do anything stupid (or have extremely terrible misfortune).
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Um rich people? How is this even a question. Once you're rich you have to be exceptionally retarded to go broke. Majority of the time rich people aren't even rich through "hard work" they just had the right connections at the right time. And hell who cares if you inherited? You could become the damn president of the USA, do you think you have to answer to anyone?
    trump didnt inherit his money, he was given a loan by his father. major difference, do you know what it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In some ways/places/situations, poor people might have it "easier" than rich people, but not for the BS reasons you mentioned. I mean, holy hell, nobody thinks like that.

Having basic needs covered, money stops bringing happiness (citing a study I read... at some point, somewhere, possibly my ass).
    i dont get it, what id the OP say that was so wrong? i think like that....

This thread is all kinds of wrong....

/melds back into the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Jesus Christ. Is this really a thread?
    I know right, poor people have it way easier, especially under Obama. Foodstamps, Welfare, Free Healthcare. Don't worry though once Trump is president and cuts down on those freebies, those lazy fucks that have been protesting since he was elected will have to actually get jobs and be productive members of society if they want to survive.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

You're ridiculous. I didn't grow up in a rich household, but my parents pulled in a quarter of a million a year for a family of five and when I found out 40k for a family was considered middle class, I was blown away. As far as I'm concerned, that's downright poor and more than anything else guarantees I will go on to get a PhD so I have actual earning potential.
    You act like poor people don't have that chance. Everyone has that chance. All you have to do is study, and do well in school, and even if you're poor you can get a full ride scholarship, and in turn get a college degree, and a good job. Or you can be good at a sport, and get a scholarship that way as well. And 40k is lower Middle Class. What your parents pulled in would be considered upper Middle Class; white picket fence housing developments.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor people imo.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    You act like poor people don't have that chance. Everyone has that chance. All you have to do is study, and do well in school, and even if you're poor you can get a full ride scholarship, and in turn get a college degree, and a good job. Or you can be good at a sport, and get a scholarship that way as well. And 40k is lower Middle Class. What your parents pulled in would be considered upper Middle Class; white picket fence housing developments.
    Ah the old bootstrap argument. You could also do all of that and not get anywhere...and we tend to see that happen quite often as of late. You could also do all of that and still end up poor as that good paying jobs decides to relocate or decides an entry level worker can replace you for less money. $40,000 may be lower middle class where you live but in my neighborhood it's poverty.

Sure everyone might have a chance to succeed but like Nixx's parents my wife and I bring in a quarter million a year. There's a greater chance that our daughter succeeds much easier than someone in that aforementioned $40,000 income bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wealth does add a few problems, sure, but implying their comparable to people struggling to keep the lights on and eat isn't just laughable, it's disrespectful.
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Wealth does add a few problems, sure, but implying their comparable to people struggling to keep the lights on and eat isn't just laughable, it's disrespectful.
    Wealth adds zero problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Ah the old bootstrap argument. You could also do all of that and not get anywhere...and we tend to see that happen quite often as of late. You could also do all of that and still end up poor as that good paying jobs decides to relocate or decides an entry level worker can replace you for less money. $40,000 may be lower middle class where you live but in my neighborhood it's poverty.

Sure everyone might have a chance to succeed but like Nixx's parents my wife and I bring in a quarter million a year. There's a greater chance that our daughter succeeds much easier than someone in that aforementioned $40,000 income bracket.
    Yeah you could if your degree was in basket weaving or similar. If it was in a STEM field. No way.

When I look back at my mother and my aunts and uncles working 12+ hours a day to make ends meet, the amount of mental and physical exhaustion I endure is nothing in comparison. Some of them died very young and experienced little to nothing as their lives were devoted to working and raising their children to the best of their abilities. As children, we didn't realize how much it meant--how exhausting it was to get off Friday and cram a few families into a couple of vans for a 5 hour drive for that vacation that would happen only every 2 to 3 years before making it home for another 7 day work week. The few hundred they just spent was half a month's rent but they knew it made their families happy. Being where I am now, it's easy to conclude that I'd take my life over their lives any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Yeah you could if your degree was in basket weaving or similar. If it was in a STEM field. No way.
    Extreme examples? You can possess worthwhile degrees and not be able to find work in that respective field. Are you implying that everyone is cut out for a STEM degree and that they'll all be able to find work when they graduate?

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    So who has it easier? Rich people or poor people?
    Just because you are living over there doesn't mean you have to snort everything in range.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of stupid ass question is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Um rich people? How is this even a question. Once you're rich you have to be exceptionally retarded to go broke. Majority of the time rich people aren't even rich through "hard work" they just had the right connections at the right time. And hell who cares if you inherited? You could become the damn president of the USA, do you think you have to answer to anyone?
    Then there are a lot of exceptionally retarded rich people. Inherited fortunes are gone a generation later in like 80% of cases.

Boo - fucking - hoo for the rich people!

Quote Originally Posted by Titmeister View Post
    Poor people have ez jobs, people on wellfare never have to work. They do get enough to suffice for their daily needs. They dont have to take executive decisions that grow on someones character, etc. Besides, your often viewed as a victim so people feel sympathy for you.
    Going to agree with what many others have said to this. "Huh? You want to portal the rest of us in to this crazy alternate reality of yours?"