How many Locks in the Mythic race this coming week?

Does anyone have any confirmations on this? From what I've seen, Method is taking 1 for sure and possibly a second but haven't heard anything about Exorsus/Serenity/etc.

Locks are pretty good right now, and this instance is very friendly to us. Expect to see purple in the world first this time around.

no idea how mythic is .. but demo is very good on hc for first two bosses. destro real good for last boss.
    BETA CLUB

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, Destro is actually good on the 1st and 3rd boss, demo on 2nd since Patchwerk.

Deleted
    Gz locks /20 char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Dunno, Destro is actually good on the 1st and 3rd boss, demo on 2nd since Patchwerk.
    Odyn is gonna be godlike for Destruction locks. I would expect some lock stacking there. Unless they completely change the fight in mythic, which I doubt.
    Doggy is fine for both Destruction and Demo if Destro has the belt leggy.
    Have only played Helya normal so far, so don't know exactly, but have the feeling that this might be a good fight for an aff lock with the massive number of tiny adds exploding around the prio targets. Again - not sure how this stacks up in mythic.

I don't expect the class make-up to change too much. Sure Odyn is very good for Destro, but Destro will fall behind on Quarm and be OK for Helya. Demo is strong on Quarm, but only OK for the others. While Aff is strong on Helya, but very weak on Quarm, OK on Odyn. Unless said Lock is going to play dual spec Demo + Destro/Aff, the same thing is going to happen as in EN where Shd/Fire/MM is able to do all 3 fights well with one spec.

If anything we might see more Shd Priest stacking just for this race before the nerfs come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raex View Post
    I don't expect the class make-up to change too much. Sure Odyn is very good for Destro, but Destro will fall behind on Quarm and be OK for Helya. Demo is strong on Quarm, but only OK for the others. While Aff is strong on Helya, but very weak on Quarm, OK on Odyn. Unless said Lock is going to play dual spec Demo + Destro/Aff, the same thing is going to happen as in EN where Shd/Fire/MM is able to do all 3 fights well with one spec.

If anything we might see more Shd Priest stacking just for this race before the nerfs come in.
    Demo is only OK for Odyn? News to me.

I bet there will be at least a couple of locks in the world first.
    Destro is good for Odyn and Affli a beast in Helya. Godlike.
    Endless Corruption on long-living tentacles even on normal is out of this world. And a well-placed Phantom Singularity with Reap up and Sow the Seeds does absolutely terrifying dps.
    Easily had 500k dps in normal with 0 experience on the fight and affli being the off-spec.
    And with all those Corruptions running + singularity I never saw a dent in my HP, even when standing in fire. Also, I believe I did not cast a single non-compouded to 5 stacks Unstable Affliction after 65%.

Deleted
    ToV isn't worse than EN for warlocks.

I would expect roughly the same performance, relatively speaking, for warlocks with ToV. Let me say I only know the bosses in heroic and have no clue what they do in mythic.
    On Guarm Destruction and Affliction will be dead last, but on Odyn and Helya both will be above average maybe? Demo will be okay-ish on Guarm and probably on Odyn too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Demo is only OK for Odyn? News to me.
    The only 4 demo logs in the top 50 heroic parses are from people that did almost zero damage to the rune adds, and obviously could only train one target at a time. I'm not sure that's going to fly in mythic, especially when this is the perfect cleave fight where you 'can' dps Hymdall and Hyrja down equally like you're supposed to, as well as kill the rune adds.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

not more than 1

Deleted
    Warlocks are really good at the first boss, garbage on the second, ok at the third.

I predict nerfs because we're too good at cleave.

Why would u demo on the Odyn? it's a straight up cleave fight.

Quote Originally Posted by madlad View Post
    Because your destro artifact is behind by 3+ traits, has less ilv from relics since demo and destro compete for the same relic (their optimal trait relics are the same), and most people are lucky to even have a single legendary for a single spec?

Quote Originally Posted by madlad View Post
    For the first 3rd of the fight....

Maybe you need that strong cleave at the start.... or maybe you need your spec to be stronger for the later parts of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    For the first 3rd of the fight....

Maybe you need that strong cleave at the start.... or maybe you need your spec to be stronger for the later parts of the fight.
    In P2 Hyrja and Hymdall will return und need to be dps'ed next to Odin. Same goes for the runebearer.

Edit: At our Hc-kill/trys we had with P3 the least problems, when entering with all ppl alive.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5345aa0c; 2016-11-15 at 11:51 AM.

Demo is fine for Odyn... If your DPS have half a clue, you won't have adds up for most of the second phase so cleave options are limited.

I killed it HC as Demo, and it was the same as my Destro tries. Small adds die so fast, you often miss the cleave cast, and the big adds are up long enough for Demo to hard switch.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question

Do you guys think an Implosion demo build will work for the Helya fight?