Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Artifact Knowledge is a stay subscribed mechanic.

It has nothing to do with helping Alts catch up, although it's actually quite helpful with helping your alternative spec weapons catch up to your main spec/weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    If im able to get 860+ Gear (with AK1 already) and i have to wait for AK for Weeks before i could Reroll or Raid efficiently, that's not that smart sorry. Or could u explain to me how to farm 150k+ Points with 400 Rewards on Mythic +10? It's a time gated alt unfriendly expansion, not just a opinion it is a fact, if you played any previous expansions.
    sadly its very punishing for those of us who play casualy but want to still be semi decent - itso nly benefiting those who stick with 1 main since day one and people who completly dont give single f... about performance aka hc dungeons/lfr players - anyone in betwee is simply f....ed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    Its messed up they punish you or at the very least dont care if you play alts. It is not a friendly alt expansion the biggest issue isnt even artifact knowledge it is order resources. If they made it so that your order resources were account wide alts would be much easier to pick up later on.
    you can buy order resources with blood of sargera or how its called so its only semmi true - if you clearq wq daily on 1 toon you can easily spend those on order resources for alts.

Artifact Knowledge is probably the most alt unfriendly thing I've ever seen. It literally puts a time gate on you not allowing you to advance in power as quickly as someone else. To catch up to be around the same artifact knowledge right now it will take around 2 months, even with the faster research. I leveled an alt to 110 last week, currently my main get 2000% more artifact power than my alt. It will be over a month before I reach that research level on my alt, and my main will still be gaining ak while he tries to catch up.

What sucks is artifact knowledge has nothing to do with effort or time played, it's just a time gate. If I had just leveled a character to 110 and left him there without playing him I could catch up to people by farming AP and gear within a couple weeks. Artifact Knowledge should be there to keep people from getting too ridiculously far ahead, not keeping new players and alts down.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    So many words to justify your bullshitting? If you have half a brain, you can check whether your assumption is correct in half the time it takes you to write either of your two posts. Instead, you decide to screw over any intelligent discussion and just babble nonsense for the sake of it.

Oh, and leading up bullshit with "correct me if I'm wrong here" doesn't give you a free pass to criticism. The more people that write bullshit like you do, the more people will get the impression it has to be true if so many people repeat it.

Edit:

If you wanted an analogy, look at political campaigns. You can easily hurt a political campaign if all you do is repeat some made up crap over and over, no matter if you formulate it as a fact or as a possibility. Once there's doubt in people's minds, you've achieved your goal.
    Theres a difference between criticism and being a arse about it, I can see your getting confused, I'd just leave it if I was you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Spoon View Post
    Artifact Knowledge is probably the most alt unfriendly thing I've ever seen. It literally puts a time gate on you not allowing you to advance in power as quickly as someone else. To catch up to be around the same artifact knowledge right now it will take around 2 months, even with the faster research. I leveled an alt to 110 last week, currently my main get 2000% more artifact power than my alt. It will be over a month before I reach that research level on my alt, and my main will still be gaining ak while he tries to catch up.

What sucks is artifact knowledge has nothing to do with effort or time played, it's just a time gate. If I had just leveled a character to 110 and left him there without playing him I could catch up to people by farming AP and gear within a couple weeks. Artifact Knowledge should be there to keep people from getting too ridiculously far ahead, not keeping new players and alts down.
    It is mind-boggling how people try to justify their entitlements...

Artifact Knowledge is not a time gate at all! On the contrary, it even lowers the time it takes to get Artifact Power. And YES, for that very reason it does have everything to do with effort or time played: The higher it is, the less you need to play to get to the same traits as someone who has put months into it researching every 5 days.

Your main did not have Artifact Knowledge when he put points into the his weapon. That's why the first couple of points cost much much much less than the last ones. If you WANT to play an alt competitively or if you WANT to reroll, then you better put the time into it that makes it competitive. That time is ALREADY less than what it was for your main (hence, catch up mechanic) but it does not mean that you get the same for no effort at all, like so many seem to want here.

Please, for the love of GOD, STOP blaming Artifact Knowledge for slow progression. If you want to progress, you can. And YES, 150k at 400 a pop is a lot of grinding, but well: We all had to do it, why shouldn't you have to?
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2016-11-15 at 02:21 PM.

You should be the same as your highest level character across the board. Just make AK account wide and problem solved. The thing I hate most is some weapons have the Gold traits further and closer than others, my Holy weapon was like 40k less to first gold than my Disc weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    You should be the same as your highest level character across the board. Just make AK account wide and problem solved. The thing I hate most is some weapons have the Gold traits further and closer than others, my Holy weapon was like 40k less to first gold than my Disc weapon.
    No, problem not solved. Problem pushed 2 months down the line when all you supposed "altoholics" say: I've got nothing to do, no content! Blizzard sucks

Seriously, if you ARE a real altoholic, then put time into making something out of them. Don't expect to get a bag of Legendary gear, Fully traited Weapon once you ding 110. It's already faster but you're still complaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LudiMajk View Post
    5 110's main at 15 AK, 1 alt on 13 AK 2 on 12 1 on 6, tell me again how its not possible to have high AK on multiple characters?
    lol... what about a life? Do you have that? Insane to me how you got time for all that. Do you raid at any high level or do you play casual only? Cause really, i don't have time for more than one character, as much as i'd love to play my other ones. Just got my warrior because he is a herbalist. But besides herbing very rarely i don't have time for him.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-11-15 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess because people consider 27+ (better 30+) "high"
    Read again. AK, not AP. No one has 27+ AK right now (it caps at 25).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    lol... what about a life? Do you have that? Insane to me how you got time for all that. Do you raid at any high level or do you play casual only? Cause really, i don't have time for more than one character, as much as i'd love to play my other ones. Just got my warrior because he is a herbalist. But besides herbing very rarely i don't have time for him.
    Seeing I have the same and a gf and family + a 9 to 5 job your comment is just .. well redundant.
    Getting AK up is a matter of logging into the app every few days and clicking a button.

Leveling takes between 8 to 10 hours depending on the class and spec.
    It takes no effort at all doing this stuff.

The WoW playerbase will repeat everything their Blizzard overlords say. Don't get too worked up with these people, most of them are idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    The WoW playerbase will repeat everything their Blizzard overlords say. Don't get too worked up with these people, most of them are idiots.
    As opposed to listening and believing what you say?

People have their own opinions, sometimes guided by others, sometimes too entitled, but it's their own ideas. No need to call them idiots when these opinions do not coincide with yours.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are discussing two separate issues here:

1. Legion being alt-friendly when compared to previous expansions. Unless we go back to vanilla or TBC, this is obviously false. No other expansion had alternative progression path in the form of Artifact. If you managed to get gear for you character - and perhaps level a profession back when they offered unique bonuses - you were good to go. It didn't matter if you got insanely lucky with drops, paid for being carried through a loot run or rerolled and got fed gear by your guild. Legendary grind did delay it for some time, true, but it did have its own catchup mechanism... and Legion has its own issues with Legendaries, which are even worse.

2. Legion making it easier to get Artifact power on alts when compared to main. That one is true - after all, you get Artifact Knowledge slightly faster, thus are able to get more Artifact Power "earlier". You'll still be behind, since catchup eventually stops and prevents you from having same AK as your main. There isn't really any way to jump over that time gate, unless you spam absurd amount of dungeons - which diminishes in value rather quickly.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-11-15 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    As opposed to listening and believing what you say?

People have their own opinions, sometimes guided by others, sometimes too entitled, but it's their own ideas. No need to call them idiots when these opinions do not coincide with yours.
    If you believe the artifact power system is alt friendly, you're an idiot. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. It IS NOT alt friendly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    If you believe the artifact power system is alt friendly, you're an idiot. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. It IS NOT alt friendly.
    I've tried arguing the same point in four(?) other threads but some people wont acknowledge anything bad about WoW. I guess you hit the nail in the head right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    10 days is a lot of saved time considering on most games you don't get a special bonus for finishing the game and doing it again on a brand new character. Play Skyrim, beat it, and make a new character. Let's see if they shave 6 hours off that main story line for you.
    nope its not at all. Atm my 1 week dinged char has 872ilvl and I have 1.95m hp cause of my artifact level! No group will accept me like that, so I just have to wait for a new patch that fixes this shit or quit the game.

I get kicked as soon as I join groups and they say hp is too low. f this game.

Yep. Artifact research needs to go much, much faster until you're caught up.

- 1 day per rank until 66% of max rank (max rank being someone who dinged 110 on day 1 of the expansion and immediately started research)
    - 2 days per rank until 85% of max
    - 3 days per rank until 100% of max

That's how it should work. Instead right now it's

- immediately after dinging 110 in late november 2016, 3 days per rank for awhile, until maybe rank 5
    - then 4 until rank 12 or so
    - and then 5 days thereafter

Way, way too slow.

What is "alt-friendly" is going to be defined differently by different people.
    Obviously blizzard feel that the faster AK catchup is sufficient, not least because it can be done near passively with little need to interact with the character in any way.
    Whether players agree with that is very different, but there isn't going to be any single approach to please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What is "alt-friendly" is going to be defined differently by different people.
    Obviously blizzard feel that the faster AK catchup is sufficient, not least because it can be done near passively with little need to interact with the character in any way.
    Whether players agree with that is very different, but there isn't going to be any single approach to please everyone.
    Alt Friendly can be defined... that's the point people are trying to make.

"How long does it take an alt to be raid ready?" is an actual question with an actual answer. The answer sucks ass for alts this xpac... it's incredibly unfriendly. That's fact. It's not an opinion.

All my early alts are already at AK 15, and the most recent ones are at anything between 8-12, so i'm very happy with the system.

Also, they already stated faster catch-up mechanisms with straight up purchase of AK Levels with Order Hall Resources, so, all will be all for you guys.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-11-15 at 04:40 PM.