Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    Those metrics are not merely 'not everything that matters', they are basically completely irrelevant. It's like ranking DPS specs by how many times you blinked IRL during the fight, with a lower amount being better.

By the look of your image, I'm assuming you don't blink much during fights

Deleted
    That's good advice here is a picture of my 2 sets one for Haste/Mastery and one for Vers/Mastery when i put on my ILVL set i get around 400k of hp

http://imgur.com/a/68Ymr
    What stat weightings are you using for both your sets and where did you come up with them?

It's been a while since I've posted but how much haste would we need to be able to do shield slam, revenge, and shield slam again? I'm dumb on simulations so I wanted to know if anyone knew by chance. I'd ask in the discord but I'm on my phone and I can't verify my discord app.

If you mean for the rotation to be literally shield slam - > revenge -> repeat, you'd need enough haste for the cooldown to be 2 seconds. For that you would need 350% haste.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamonji View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted but how much haste would we need to be able to do shield slam, revenge, and shield slam again? I'm dumb on simulations so I wanted to know if anyone knew by chance. I'd ask in the discord but I'm on my phone and I can't verify my discord app.
    Pretty sure if you were full 895 and all of your gear only had haste on it, you wouldn´t be able to lower cd of shieldslam to like 2,5 seconds xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merander View Post
    That's good advice here is a picture of my 2 sets one for Haste/Mastery and one for Vers/Mastery when i put on my ILVL set i get around 400k of hp

http://imgur.com/a/68Ymr
    I would go with the high ilvl set. I just noticed you have sephuz secret. Go with the high ilvl set for mythic + and get a haste/mastery crafted ring with haste gen and enchant for bosses/raids. Switch sephuz out for crafted for those events. The ring is basically 5% haste if you proc it on cd. Without knowing what the other ring/neck is then I might also suggest using haste/mastery/verse in those slots even if slightly lower ilvl.

Personally I value STR and Stam fairly high. My paladin m+ healer intentionally lets me drop so he can push damage and he catches up with CD's like LoH. More stam makes that strat less risky.
    Kikwar on O-team in Eternal Kingdom - Proudmoore

Link to my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...317874/latest/

So, opinion on the PTR notes?

Deleted
    Making revenge cost rage and having us to forced to choose between 25% health increase and our SS reset from devastate is absolutely retarded i certaintly wont like these changes

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Making revenge cost rage and having us to forced to choose between 25% health increase and our SS reset from devastate is absolutely retarded i certaintly wont like these changes
    That's not how it works at all. Yes, Revenge costs rage now, but Thunder Clap is buffed and Revenge simply replaced Focused Rage. For the 5th row talents though, you'd be choosing between 25% health and 25% larger Ignore Pains or higher auto attack damage and rage generated from auto attacks while also giving them a chance for more SS procs which in turn leads to even more rage and all of that rage can be put towards Revenge or more IPs. Has nothing to do with Devastate itself. Unless of course the talent gets rid of the Devastate ability all together which it doesn't mention it.

I feel like the talents might be a buff to AoE in a dungeon environment where you're always tanking multiple mobs, but honestly we didn't use Revenge for single target anyways so it's just going to come down to whether or not it makes up for the damage we lose from Focused Rage being gone. I'm thinking Thunderclap is going to do more than Devastate as well though if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-11-15 at 09:42 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Yeah i just figured it out myself aswell and put a post up about it on other threat whats gonna happen is that it would actuely feel like a true revenge now and wil make crit valueble aswell trough the vengeance talent now.

Devastate can still reset SS CD, the tool tip about the reset was just moved from Devastate to SS since now Thunder Clap can also reset the SS CD.

Deleted
    Yeah and thunderclap wil also have a chance to reset SS now so it wont get into the same position as revenge is right now, this is brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Unless of course the talent gets rid of the Devastate ability all together which it doesn't mention it.
    The talent replaces Devastate.

From the other thread:
    http://imgur.com/gamVDz0
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post

From the other thread:
    So with Devastator we will be just sitting on our thumbs waiting for auto attacks to proc the SS reset for most of the time? I'm not sure I like such a passive game play style.

Edit:
    Also with Devastator haste will be even more important stats since our auto attacks are so important.

Deleted
    Can you confirm if revenge is off the GCD?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post

From the other thread:
    Yea I'm just now seeing that. Bummer.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you confirm if revenge is off the GCD?
    It's not
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Some guy in other thread said it was though

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some guy in other thread said it was though
    I haven't gotten onto the PTR but there's no mention of it anywhere. I guess it is though if someone else is confirming it. My mistake. Odd choice though.

EDIT: Nope read further down. It's on the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I haven't gotten onto the PTR but there's no mention of it anywhere. I guess it is though if someone else is confirming it. My mistake. Odd choice though.

EDIT: Nope read further down. It's on the GCD.
    He may be referring to me when I asked if that was the case.

The tooltip for Devastate on the ptr does not mention that it resets the cd of shield slam but shield slam's tooltip does. So it was initially causing me a bit of confusion that others have since cleared up.

Played the new prot changes on PTR for a bit, they turned the spec upside down and gave it an entirely new feel/playstyle. An ugly one at that, with FR + Ultimatum being removed and Vengeance now working with Revenge which now costs rage, Shield Block also costing more rage (15). Seems like on the surface a fair survivability nerf as well as making the playstyle a bit shit.

Devastator, well dont even get me started on this "autoattack" playstyle talent.. At least it's not as good as the other options.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4