Math behind new Legendary [Havoc]

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do some of the math behind the new legendary to see how often this will allow us to recast Meta. There are some fact checks I need to see first to see if these numbers are in the ball park. It all comes down to length of fight and if CD of meta starts as you use meta or as meta finishes. Assuming you have artifact talents to where meta is 4 minute CD (240 seconds), the current description of the shoulders is that every 15 Fury you spend, it reduces CD by 1 second. Here lies the first issue I've come across. CS being our main spender, costing 40 Fury, means that we would be shaving off 2.67 seconds per cast. However, it doesn't mention if it rounds the value up or down, so it could be either 3 seconds shaved off each cast of CS, or most likely 2 seconds. That being said, it would take (based on 2 second reductions) 120 casts of CS to bring the spell off CD. This is not factoring in the seconds that pass by naturally reducing the CD.
    In a perfect scenario to where you could cast (high unlikely) CS every GCD, you could technically recast meta after approx 2 minutes. In a 5 minute fight, this would not generate an extra meta for that fight (unless CD starts as soon as you pop meta). If this doesn't add an extra meta during a 5 minute or less fight, is this legendary even worth it in raiding situations?

It would be interesting to look at some parses to find average boss fight length as well as average amount of times fury spenders such as CS are used in a single fight. Also, my value of 2 minute CD is very unrealistic as there is down time were you don't generate fury or if your spamming DB, your using up GCDs. More realistically you're likely looking at reducing the CD to 2 minutes and 30 seconds or so.

It most certainly works the same way this type of mechanic has done before.
    When you use CS you spend 40 fury, 2 seconds will be removed from the meta cd and then 10 fury will carry over for the next iteration when you use CS.

From me checking my own logs from EN, I can say that I roughly spend 15 fury each second which means you effectively remove half the cooldown from meta. This can and probably will change when the patch goes live due to changed in the abilities we use to both spend and generate fury.

Deleted
    dont forget that the cooldown is running anyway.

If so I'd say we have a new contender for the best legendary. the reduced downtime for meta would be huge. Especially if you get relics that further decrease the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    dont forget that the cooldown is running anyway.
    I maybe didn't highlight that point but i meant that the cooldown for meta would half with the shoulders IF you spend 15 fury each second. 4 min cd ---> 2 min cd.

I did basic maths in official thread for this, roughly on average we are at 1 spender per 2 sec and indeed it's 2 min 30 Meta CD equivalent [modulo elapsed time] AT WORSE.

You won't come close to 15 fury a sec with the new changes.