Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Its not a flaw. It adds another layer
    Go play skyrim if you want a sword and sorcery rpg
    So because i do not like that "layer" you talk about, i have to leave a game i am enjoying like hell?
    Sure, best tip ever, lol.
    Also i would like the pandaren to be removed from the game, and the general tone more like dark souls (In terms of atmosphere), but that does not mean i am gonna leave the game because it is not exactly the way i would rather it being.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My theory has been brewing for a few expansions now but this kind of fits in with it. Under the surface is a subterranian continent where the quilbore, neurubian, silithid, and old gods dwell. Also, if Azeroth is a titan is where the brain/etc is.

We dont know much about the tomb of sergaras yet but blizzcon said there was something locked away down there - probably a seal or vault with old god in it that elune has/was safe guarding, only now they are scared shit of the burning legion so they are staying away rather than burting out.

So, anyway. Gnomeregan = alliance main entry
    Muglore = horde main entry
    northrend neurudian cities as the old gods try to wrestle the bugs from LK control
    tinkers needed to excavate/dig/blow up shit undergroup

short stories have eluded to it with the "pale quil bore" form the Baine one a few years ago. LK said he had more shit. More titan stuff, etc etc.

Forge weapons for Army of Light.

X7 = Underground, Overground, Warcrafting Free
    X8 = Army of Light
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

I like the idea of an expansion centered around gnomes / troggs / other underground things (I guess can bring up nerubians or qiraji mid-expansion, underground water, etc).

But I don't want a new class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monekop View Post
    My theory has been brewing for a few expansions now but this kind of fits in with it. Under the surface is a subterranian continent where the quilbore, neurubian, silithid, and old gods dwell. Also, if Azeroth is a titan is where the brain/etc is.
    Ok, this does sound very interesting as the theme for a new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Its not a flaw. It adds another layer
    Go play skyrim if you want a sword and sorcery rpg
    You would have to be insanely ignorant and delusional to call TES a ''sword and sorcery'' rpg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I like the idea of an expansion centered around gnomes / troggs / other underground things (I guess can bring up nerubians or qiraji mid-expansion, underground water, etc).

But I don't want a new class.
    I think introducing the Tinker class adds a new element and balance to WoW. It could be another hybrid class:

Demolition - Tank
    Rocket Scientist - Ranged DPS
    Gadget Expert - Melee combat
    Field Medic - Healer

Blizz could really do anything with them and there is a world of possibilities to borrow from. Everything from D&D, Steampunk, Arcanum, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Never understood the gnome hate. Had it not been for the curse of flesh, they would still be the Titan's perfect creations.
    A lot of people view them as deformed humans. They invoke a subliminal disgust that some people can't handle. I don't fully understand it either, though I do think they can look pretty creepy at times (the 4 fingers bug me).

I don't think an expansion around goblins and gnomes would do the game good. They're amongst the least-liked races, and this whole concept is a repeat of what Mists of Pandaria tried to do - popularize a race/class/culture which many people didn't want as a full expansion theme. I don't think they'd go down this route again.

If Tinkers and Goblin/Gnome lore get added in a future expansion, it'd have to piggyback off some other, bigger theme. Saving Undermine from a (global) Naga threat, or an agent of the old gods resurfacing in Gnomer causing us to go back and reclaim it. Gnomes and Goblins alone would deter people more than draw them back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah, just the mention of Gnomes leaves it open to ridicule. They're my favorite race, so I figured I'd give it a go.
    Not that, it's more the fact that you'd want an entire expansion focused around the retaking of one city.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not that, it's more the fact that you'd want an entire expansion focused around the retaking of one city.
    Centering around, and focused ON are two different things. Doesn't matter anyway. Will never happen and most people hate gnomes.

No, i think Saurfang should drop a nuke on it to bury it once and for all. Along with a big note: YOU'RE WELCOME
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    No, i think Saurfang should drop a nuke on it to bury it once and for all. Along with a big note: YOU'RE WELCOME
    I think Saurfang should be put in the same bitch grave as Garrosh in Nagrand, and Thrall should be the one to do it

Deleted
    Awful idea even by mmo-champ standards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugaah View Post
    Awful idea even by mmo-champ standards.
    Benefits of varied opinions

I dunno, I think if after 12 years now they still haven't reclaimed Gnomer, they aren't gonna. Blizz ain't willing to retire any old dungeons for some reason.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Blizz ain't willing to retire any old dungeons for some reason.
    But they are willing to fuck them up and spin them around in Cata, MoP, and Draenor... doesn't make much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to do the 'tech' class is going to be after Argus. Goblins, Gnomes, Dranei, and Blood Elves are inspired by Argus tech and work together to create a new city of tech focused achievements and wonders at home for Defending against the next threat. Develop the class from there.

That said, a tech themed class is LONG overdue. It was viable the second they started messing with technomagic in BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Best way to do the 'tech' class is going to be after Argus. Goblins, Gnomes, Dranei, and Blood Elves are inspired by Argus tech and work together to create a new city of tech focused achievements and wonders at home for Defending against the next threat. Develop the class from there.

That said, a tech themed class is LONG overdue. It was viable the second they started messing with technomagic in BC.
    Have seen enough Draenei to last a lifetime thanks to TBC and TBC 2.0. Would rather keep tinkers to an engineering class. Kinda like how Blood Elves and Night Elves fit the DH lore, Gnomes and Gobs are the smart choices for tinkers. Might get them taken more seriously in game at the same time.

But they are willing to fuck them up and spin them around in Cata, MoP, and Draenor... doesn't make much sense.
    Agreed. Cata would have been the perfect time to retire some dungeons and replace them with new ones.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Have seen enough Draenei to last a lifetime thanks to TBC and TBC 2.0. Would rather keep tinkers to an engineering class. Kinda like how Blood Elves and Night Elves fit the DH lore, Gnomes and Gobs are the smart choices for tinkers. Might get them taken more seriously in game at the same time.
    Thats your problem. It shouldn't be Tinker. It's too confined and honestly a shite name for a class. Even a spec would be crap. To do the tech class right you need to pull in mechanical, science, crystal artificer, and techno-mage. Those four races make the most sense to do it. Pull from all walks of established science. Maybe even toss in UD/Humans for the apothecary aspect too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Agreed. Cata would have been the perfect time to retire some dungeons and replace them with new ones.
    And they did, in a sense, with Scarlet Monastery and Sunken Temple. Even Deadmines got a facelift and the Defias have apparently been removed from Azeroth.