Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think legandaries need ALL their affixes removing. Make them pure stat sticks. Its the only way they are going to be remotely fair.

As it stands at the moment they are too big of a boost OR too big of a FUCK YOU, too anyone getting them. Make them a pure 910 item. Some would still be better than others but they would be fairly equal.

I wish they would of announced they were getting rid of legendaries in the next patch, with the exception of one or two which are extremely difficult to obtain.

Half you fuckers complaining about them, I bet you've never had a current content one before with the exception of mop and wod. I'd love to see the reaction if they did the above

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Thats only a few legendaries. Nice try.
    5 of 8 for MM hunters. When the majority are dissappointing to the extent of "I'd rather have not had one for another few weeks then get a proper one", something's wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    5 of 8 for MM hunters. When the majority are dissappointing to the extent of "I'd rather have not had one for another few weeks then get a proper one", something's wrong.
    Hey, stop complaining and putting good guys Blizzard down. I got the pants on my hunter. Yay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    It's about someone else being better than you because a lever somewhere decided it was so.
    He is not better, clearly everyone understands he is just luckier, or more geared, that is all.
    Try to compete with someone your same class with 30-40 lower ilevel, or in past expansions compete with someone your same class, same ilevel, he with BIS trinkets and you without, it is in no case about being better, it is about having better gear or in some cases having an overpowered class.
    You want to make the game about who is better? go to arenas 2vs2 or 3vs3 with the same ilevel and fight another team with the same composition, that is the only case i can think of being better.

Should have never been in the game in this way to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the way they were doing it before. At least by doing a long quest chain to get one didn't have to rely on bad rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    As it stands at the moment they are too big of a boost OR too big of a FUCK YOU, too anyone getting them.
    Absolutely. It's just not fun. It doesn't work because you KNOW you will get legendary items. With that kind of mechanic, why create terrible legendaries in the first place? It makes no sense.

The idea of implementing legendary items is broken in general. You KNOW you will get one, so getting a good once just meets your expectation. It doesn't feel "legendary" at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Should have never been in the game in this way to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the way they were doing it before. At least by doing a long quest chain to get one didn't have to rely on bad rng.
    Yeah, no thank you, i would rather have no legendaries than having another cape or ring legendary system, that was a forced work for everyone.
    Now at least it is not forced and you can do whatever activity you like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you dont need legendaries.
    New paladin legendary shoulders is basically a 4% damage increase. I don't see how that's not needed...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    He is not better, clearly everyone understands he is just luckier, or more geared, that is all.
    Try to compete with someone your same class with 30-40 lower ilevel, or in past expansions compete with someone your same class, same ilevel, he with BIS trinkets and you without, it is in no case about being better, it is about having better gear or in some cases having an overpowered class.
    You want to make the game about who is better? go to arenas 2vs2 or 3vs3 with the same ilevel and fight another team with the same composition, that is the only case i can think of being better.
    Aw c'mon let's not pick on semantics shall we. And yes he is objectively "better" at what he is in the raid to do, dps / heal / tank. Besides, we're talking a 10%+ bump from one slot here, in previous expansions sure, maybe your guild is just corrupt and funeling that Unering Vision / Rune / Blood of ysharaj into the GM's girlfriend or something but hey, gues what, you could quit and hope to find a guild that is fair. Plus you know, just being present week after week on boss X ment i at least have a chance to coin Trinket Y you need even in a corrupt guild. With this system you have no idea what you're gona get, from what (can't even coin a legendary iirc). Hell i got my Lock bracers relatively early, before most even had a legendary and i was topping fights AND IT FELT BAD! now i'm comfortably hovering @ 5th-8th place most fights and that's GOOD , because a locks are tuned right now something has gone terribly terribly wrong if i'm beating others on dps, just means they got unlucky.

Hell we raid two days a week, there is one more two day a week guild on kazzak , they killed ursoc in like 15 pulls and we were stuck on him for a week+ because they're dps had their bis legendaries and we had Sepuhz's..... despite being a week behind WE BEAT THEM ON XAVIUS.... took less pulls to kill fucking Cenarius M than to beat Ursoc M.... if that doesn't say anything about the retarded rng slot machine i don't know what does..

We started mythic as soon as it opened and clared it 3 weeks ago, and cleared HC ToV last week, know where i got my legendaries? Normal alt run Ilginoth wich i went to specificaly because "hey it might drop a legendary" and a emisary box, i could have not stepped foot into heroic yet and i'd still have my legendaries... and 1 of them is BiS the other is literarly useless, like i HAVE my bis legendary and still thing the system is retarded coz it pushed the other lock we have out of progression most of the time.
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-11-16 at 11:55 AM.

Legendaries are actualy shit easy to farm. Mythics followed by how many heroics you can take. Its actualy that simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I think the bitterness comes from this situation

Mage called Bob <Cool Guild XxX> has Pyro Bracers
    Mage called Tim <Cool Guild XxX> has Blink Heal Chest

Bob & Tim are of equal skill.

Bob dominates Tim every single fight. Tim feels shit. Tim can only compete if Bob makes a mistake.

Thrilling gameplay.
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Yeah, no. Disc Priests used DPS Cloak cause Healing Cloak did nothing for them. Healing Mace and Healing Ring were also dogshit for Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I think legandaries need ALL their affixes removing. Make them pure stat sticks. Its the only way they are going to be remotely fair.

As it stands at the moment they are too big of a boost OR too big of a FUCK YOU, too anyone getting them. Make them a pure 910 item. Some would still be better than others but they would be fairly equal.
    It still wouldn't be even remotely close cause one guy can get a chest with 1000+ more primary stat than the poor unlucky guy who gets a ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    They keep doubling down on this rng is better nonsense. First it was well rng is exciting if we put it up on a vendor youd just be relieved not excited. Then folks pointed put no with rng you arent excited youre just relieved. Then they changed the song to well now youve got a story to tell! People pointed out it dropped from normal illygnoth is hardly a story. I wonder what the new messaging will be?

I was excited when I got my legendary :P

Extreme RNG is the new more indirect and subtle timesink and long-term engagement. All we can do is deal with it and pray Blizzard doesn't push it more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfTwo View Post
    Aw c'mon let's not pick on semantics shall we. And yes he is objectively "better" at what he is in the raid to do, dps / heal / tank. Besides, we're talking a 10%+ bump from one slot here, in previous expansions sure, maybe your guild is just corrupt and funeling that Unering Vision / Rune / Blood of ysharaj into the GM's girlfriend or something but hey, gues what, you could quit and hope to find a guild that is fair. Plus you know, just being present week after week on boss X ment i at least have a chance to coin Trinket Y you need even in a corrupt guild. With this system you have no idea what you're gona get, from what (can't even coin a legendary iirc). Hell i got my Lock bracers relatively early, before most even had a legendary and i was topping fights AND IT FELT BAD! now i'm comfortably hovering @ 5th-8th place most fights and that's GOOD , because a locks are tuned right now something has gone terribly terribly wrong if i'm beating others on dps, just means they got unlucky.

Hell we raid two days a week, there is one more two day a week guild on kazzak , they killed ursoc in like 15 pulls and we were stuck on him for a week+ because they're dps had their bis legendaries and we had Sepuhz's..... despite being a week behind WE BEAT THEM ON XAVIUS.... took less pulls to kill fucking Cenarius M than to beat Ursoc M.... if that doesn't say anything about the retarded rng slot machine i don't know what does..

We started mythic as soon as it opened and clared it 3 weeks ago, and cleared HC ToV last week, know where i got my legendaries? Normal alt run Ilginoth wich i went to specificaly because "hey it might drop a legendary" and a emisary box, i could have not stepped foot into heroic yet and i'd still have my legendaries... and 1 of them is BiS the other is literarly useless, like i HAVE my bis legendary and still thing the system is retarded coz it pushed the other lock we have out of progression most of the time.
    I am sorry for you, because i understand why you feel like you do, trust me i had a hard time in MOP because after downing 16 times in a row inmerseus, and using 48 lucky coins on him, none of our three Casters got the damn trinket.
    The game is designed like this, with legendaries might be even worse, but this game is greatly affected by RNG, it always has.
    Since the MOP, situation, my only realistic goal in this game it is just perform the best i can with whatever i have equipped (I only have pridaz), i understand it is not perfect, but it is just the way the game is.
    Also i get it is not funny to be beaten by other factors such as another class being vastly better than yours.
    Yeah i get that if you are benched by things like this it is not funny at all, but as i said, this is how this game works.
    Finally i can assure you i have tried thinking of a better way of implementing legendaries in the game, and all the solutions i can think of, do have it´s own drawbacks.

The fact that the devs intentionally want there to be "Bad legendaries" yet create legendaries that increase your performance by 10-30% makes me laugh at how incompetent these developers are and how out of touch they are from the game they're creating.

The entire dev team needs replaced at this point. Not a single one of them has no idea how to do their job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    The entire dev team needs replaced at this point. Not a single one of them has no idea how to do their job.
    When did this game not had such huge differences in performance just by choosing different classes?
    Were not BIS trinkets such as lei-shen one a 50% difference in performance?
    This dev team is only following their predecesors tradition IMO.