Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I'm hardly retarded yet I'm enjoying the RNG element, I'm also pretty good at the game. I think it's actually the worse players who are complaining about the system due to the fact they're relying on the Legendary items to maintain decent performance.
    The data disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I think the bitterness comes from this situation

Mage called Bob <Cool Guild XxX> has Pyro Bracers
    Mage called Tim <Cool Guild XxX> has Blink Heal Chest

Bob & Tim are of equal skill.

Bob dominates Tim every single fight. Tim feels shit. Tim can only compete if Bob makes a mistake.

Thrilling gameplay.
    Tim should stop acting like a child and realize that teh groups success is more important than his own individual feelings. Or he should be logical and understand Bob has an advantage and not feel bad becasue of it.

My issue with some legendaries and some of the talent choices is that Blizzard is basing their game around having them instead of the functionality of the class without them. Example: BM Hunters have been asking for a second charge on their Dire Beast (Which is our focus regenerator) because it will often proc (removing the cooldown) near the end of its cooldown making you feel like the proc was wasted. Instead of implementing a 2 charge system and balancing it, Blizzard created a Legendary for our hopes and dreams and tells us to go get it...

I'm totally on board with a legendary stat stick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Tim should stop acting like a child and realize that teh groups success is more important than his own individual feelings. Or he should be logical and understand Bob has an advantage and not feel bad becasue of it.
    To be honest, tim feels bad only because he is gonna be benched.
    Never seen anyone worried by doing the lowest DPS when he/she had a sure spot; same for healers or tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    tell people who didnt get a weapon upgrade for two raids that now is more rng than before.

and bring some ice for when you get your skull punched through
    Due to the completely comical ilvl inflation, it's actually much LESS of a problem to miss two raids of upgrade in the old design (where a whole tier was 13 ilvl worth) than it is to miss one upgrade in the new (where you can see up to 45 ilvl of difference in a single tier, plus the legendary idiocy and the artefact weapons insane damage increase).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The point is, skill and gear both matter, but gear can't TOTALLY replace skill and viceversa.
    No, it doesn't, and that's exactly the problem.
    The ilvl inflation is too high, so it requires an insanely huge difference in skill to compensate for gear. Unless someone grossly underperform, there is simply no way to compensate for legendaries, artifact weapon upgrades and/or a few 15+ ilvl items.

Whole groups can display their overall skill, sure (by executing good tactics that are out of reach of worse players), but mechanically, player by player, gear is just far too dominant.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-11-16 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I think the bitterness comes from this situation

Mage called Bob <Cool Guild XxX> has Pyro Bracers
    Mage called Tim <Cool Guild XxX> has Blink Heal Chest

Bob & Tim are of equal skill.

Bob dominates Tim every single fight. Tim feels shit. Tim can only compete if Bob makes a mistake.

Thrilling gameplay.
    Is the fact that you kill the boss not the goal? Or is dmg meter epeen a thing?
    Then why be any class but the top one this tier?

It's silly.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Legendaries aren't huge. Stop acting like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you dont need legendaries.
    Please... Say that to the BIS hunter gloves...

I don't believe I have ever taken to these forums to complain, generally try to post only constructive things, or questions. However, your comment is absolutely ignorant... If the gloves will act as they read, meaning continual aimed shots make the next one able to be cast while moving endlessly, then you can absolutely bet your ass that it will be the top MM legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Is the fact that you kill the boss not the goal? Or is dmg meter epeen a thing?
    Then why be any class but the top one this tier?

It's silly.
    its more like a vicious cycle of getting benched -> boss dead , not there to loot -> not only falling behind a legendary that cannot be farmed no matter how much effort being put into farming it -> falling further behind in ilvl cuz benched -> out from the raid .

guilds that wants mythic actually only look at numbers u bring, surprising i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Legendaries aren't huge. Stop acting like they are.
    its not huge for certain classes like feral druids, but when comparing demon hunter with ring, UH dk with bracer, arms warrior with the gloves and fire mage with pyro bracer, the one without the legendary will just get dominated.

not sure what version of WoW legion u are playing tbh, but on legion live servers ? Huge? Certainly.
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2016-11-16 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If you are entitled to a legendary based on time, then the timer isn't up yet.
    I see you yapping about defending this bullshit from page 2.

You truly are an idiot I guess when it comes to understanding. (woop woop, infraction time)

What did you mention? Stuff isn't balanced around it? What stuff? If you mean raids themselves, you're dead wrong there. Because it is balanced around people having them.

The entire gear discrepancy with this system is so huge and so unwarranted. The difference between the past and today was that strong items that you really required for your class to be level-headed were locked in some bosses loot table of around what? 10-20 items? In other words, a realistic chance of getting it when killing it.

This entire system is based on pure chance, luck. Some people are extremely lucky, others not. And so far, for 90%+ of the population, they're screwed.

Because Bob and Tim as mentioned earlier, is what is happening everywhere. And yes, people eventually get benched for it.

Imagine yourself being in a raid team with a good friend of yours who you know is a good player and you can get along with. Now imagine that game going in a direction where you will always be the underdog. And I mean always, for a VERY LONG while. Those bonds will eventually fall apart no matter how strong they are.
    It wont only in rare cases if you actually know the person, which let's be fare, most people don't.
    I don't hang around with IRL friends in my wow raiding guilds anymore because it's just such a f'in hassle.

Now think onwards from there on out. What do you get? Toxicity is practically the only thing. Over time, definately. This is often even more amplified if the jerk attitude types get said gear.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Pretty much there. In my raid thre is a druid, nice guy known him for years, very limited play time, 30 min a dayish, and raid nights and a few hours on the week end.
    Thanks to random luck he has 5 890+ pieces and 2 legs. He vastly out gears the raid, despite playing the least.
    okey so that is nice, right? he can enjoy the game having other responsabilitys or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Due to the completely comical ilvl inflation, it's actually much LESS of a problem to miss two raids of upgrade in the old design (where a whole tier was 13 ilvl worth) than it is to miss one upgrade in the new (where you can see up to 45 ilvl of difference in a single tier, plus the legendary idiocy and the artefact weapons insane damage increase).

No, it doesn't, and that's exactly the problem.
    The ilvl inflation is too high, so it requires an insanely huge difference in skill to compensate for gear. Unless someone grossly underperform, there is simply no way to compensate for legendaries, artifact weapon upgrades and/or a few 15+ ilvl items.

Whole groups can display their overall skill, sure (by executing good tactics that are out of reach of worse players), but mechanically, player by player, gear is just far too dominant.
    I have a friend, Shadow Priest 860 ilvl. He is a great person in real life but he sucks in game. A lot. Really a lot.
    He have a legendary.
    He can't pull sometimes more then 95k dps. He can't avoid 60% of in game mechanics. Me and other irl friend carry him, thanks to our skill AND gear.
    It seems his gear can't replace his lack of skill.

I think you got the point.

And here we are talking about legendaries, and remember you can equip max 2 of them if you are really lucky (most of people i know does not even have the last order hall thing unlocked).
    The ilvl inflation is a totally different topic. You don't get your ilvl inflated with 1 legendary. A random 850 guy can go to 853.
    And the fact that player A have better gear then player B was always a thing in WoW.
    You can say: "now is even worse then ever....." but again, it's a complete different topic.

While there are more legendaries, the rate that you can farm them goes up over time, at least in theory.

As you get more stats from getting better gear and more traits, you can clear harder content faster, which gives more legendary drop chance.

Basically, it's exactly like D3. It's hardest to get gear when you don't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You don't know what that word means. Stop using it.
    I love elitists getting butthurt over pixels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I have a friend, Shadow Priest 860 ilvl. He is a great person in real life but he sucks in game. A lot. Really a lot.
    He have a legendary.
    He can't pull sometimes more then 95k dps. He can't avoid 60% of in game mechanics. Me and other irl friend carry him, thanks to our skill AND gear.
    It seems his gear can't replace his lack of skill.

I think you got the point.

And here we are talking about legendaries, and remember you can equip max 2 of them if you are really lucky (most of people i know does not even have the last order hall thing unlocked).
    The ilvl inflation is a totally different topic. You don't get your ilvl inflated with 1 legendary. A random 850 guy can go to 853.
    And the fact that player A have better gear then player B was always a thing in WoW.
    You can say: "now is even worse then ever....." but again, it's a complete different topic.
    You're talking about low-skilled players. Think it more as good players and great players. Good players will surpass with legendaries.

Looking forward to today it looks like I will benched for Guarm Mythic because I have neither of my classes ST legendaries (which combined are about 15% dps).

Not my ability, not my dedication, simple due to RNG of the game.

The problem with legendary items comes down to this: when you are in a progression guild, where people play at a relatively similar level, the one with the highest damage will get brought where the one with lower damage will be more likely to get sat. Legendaries (depending on which ones you get) will put equal players at an unequal level of play. For instance, generally accepted that MM is THE raid spec for hunters; however, a BM Hunter in our guild has 2 of the best BM legendaries right now and destroys the other hunters on meters. His raid spot is gauranteed, MM hunters are not as the guild will want people that can pull the damage to push the boss health AND do mechanics. Also, not all legendary items are equal, yet it's completely RNG which ones you get and very likely you can go thru an entire xpac without seeing the one that would really let you perform the numbers equal to other players.
    Lastly (for this post), bosses and raids are being tuned with the idea of legendaries in mind. DPS/HPS checks are designed with the idea of people in your raid having 1 legendary, yet if everyone is sitting there with the currently designed Sephuz, then Odyn (for instance) checks are going to be harder to meet. That is not to say it is impossible, but raids need to be designed without legendary items in mind, or the requirements to clear them will become that much harder for guilds with bad luck legendary-itis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Lastly (for this post), bosses and raids are being tuned with the idea of legendaries in mind. DPS/HPS checks are designed with the idea of people in your raid having 1 legendary, yet if everyone is sitting there with the currently designed Sephuz, then Odyn (for instance) checks are going to be harder to meet. That is not to say it is impossible, but raids need to be designed without legendary items in mind, or the requirements to clear them will become that much harder for guilds with bad luck legendary-itis.
    Just to be clear, NOT designing bosses around legendaries won't solve the issue at all. Semi serious GMs/Raid Leaders will stay take the best DPS, it'll just be even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make legendaires drop like Diablo III and have it account bound

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    okey so that is nice, right? he can enjoy the game having other responsabilitys or whatever.
    I do not begrudge him his better ilvl, but I do question a system that can reward a player who plays so little over players who play frequently.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you dont need legendaries.
    What a stupid fucking post, you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

This community has become a min/max stat crunch show me your achievement or i'll replace you with one of 10,000 other random assholes that play your class sitting in queue. If you're getting shit on in the meters (don't tell me they don't matter, an entire community of logging and balance is based off them).

With the rotations dumbed down, it's become more and more important to max your gear out to produce above average numbers. Gone are the days where you could dominate with a basic set of gear, the legendaries and bonuses are just too great to overcome with a 4 button rotation.