Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Grimoire of Sacrifice nerf in 7.1.5. Really???

Why making a useless talent even more useless? I would expect a buff not a nerf lol. No one will ever pick this talent ...

Seems pretty simple, honestly. It reins in Destruction's AoE damage somewhat, given that they've just ridiculously buffed it in the talent switcheroo. It also makes it less attractive in single-target, which encourages more diversity along the row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Seems pretty simple, honestly. It reins in Destruction's AoE damage somewhat, given that they've just ridiculously buffed it in the talent switcheroo. It also makes it less attractive in single-target, which encourages more diversity along the row.
    Sarcasm detected.

--

For those that don't know, Destruction has been nerfed in single target, cleave and AoE.

Doubling down on class/spec strengths means the complete opposite when it comes to warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Sarcasm detected.
    No sarcasm.

While Destruction's AoE has technically gotten a nerf, since you could take both Cataclysm and F&B right now if you were nuts or something, it has effectively gotten a buff because you're giving up far, far less to actually take an AoE talent with the new arrangement. And that's leaving aside the buff to CDF or the fact that ELT is much more usable than MT and works as an AoE talent too.

Deleted
    No sarcasm.

While Destruction's AoE has technically gotten a nerf, since you could take both Cataclysm and F&B right now if you were nuts or something, it has effectively gotten a buff because you're giving up far, far less to actually take an AoE talent with the new arrangement. And that's leaving aside the buff to CDF or the fact that ELT is much more usable than MT and works as an AoE talent too.
    There is no technically about it. AoE has been nerfed along with single target and cleave.

You were able to take both Cata and FnB (whether this is advised or not is neither here nor there). - Nerf to AoE
    You were able to take both RE and Erad and now you must choose between one or the other. - Nerf to Single target and Cleave
    Grimoire of Sacrifice has been weakened - Nerf to AoE and Cleave

i have an idea lets nerf warlocks even more!!!!! too much bulshit for warlocks in legion, we already lost half the expansion with a bad class design and the way blizzard want to fix this is by doing more nerfs!!! at least give us our AP back in another class we choose, warlocks are dead!!! i totally regreat choosing warlock as my main class right now, ty blizzard

Get rid of it entirely. I hate that it even exists. We're Warlocks. We're supposed to have a demon pet with us. If I wanted to be a Mage i'd roll a Mage.

No sarcasm.

Giving up less? What are you talking about? You're still sacrificing ST for aoe, reverse entropy instead of eradication this time. You still don't get both cataclysm and FnB, so you can't even stack aoe.

And even if a destro warlock had fnb+cataclysm+sac, they weren't matching hunters/outlaw rogues/WW/DH/fire mage on aoe.

Prob a nerf to offset some of the buff to Demonfire to keep it in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Prob a nerf to offset some of the buff to Demonfire to keep it in line.
    Warlocks havent been asking for a AOE buff for destro so having Demonfire cleave now is still not going to overperform Wreak Havoc in most cases.

If these first changes are antyhign to go by the warlock devs dont seem to have any clue as to what the warlock community wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    Warlocks havent been asking for a AOE buff for destro so having Demonfire cleave now is still not going to overperform Wreak Havoc in most cases.

If these first changes are antyhign to go by the warlock devs dont seem to have any clue as to what the warlock community wants.
    I'm not saying it would have been a gamechanger, I'm saying that that's arguably why they did the change as it would be an assload of splash damage.

I agree that it's not even remotely at the top of what people were asking for nor should have been pushed as some priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

They can do what they want with the numbers if I can get back my sacrificed demon's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
    Get rid of it entirely. I hate that it even exists. We're Warlocks. We're supposed to have a demon pet with us. If I wanted to be a Mage i'd roll a Mage.
    Say that to Gul'Dan. "I know you're one of the most powerfull warlocks ever but... you're not using a pet, so you're not a warlock mate".

Quote Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
    I think it wouldn't hurt to have a spec in which you don't need a pet, just like Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    thats why he had GoSac.

They buffed Sephuz's Secret guys, why don't you just use that? Hahaha...ha..........ha.

I am pretty sure it was stealth needed a few weeks ago in its proc chance. Now we get a documented nerf of its power. This change basically means now we are tied to an imp or doom guard/infernal now. Still with no class interrupt that isn't tied to a pet...Still having to pet twist for LOF.

Also means sac pact is tied to a low HP pet further making us more squishy. It is another example of blizz nerfing the commonly used talent down to the lowest common denominator talent when it's not like it was a powerhouse by any measure.

Had bad pneumonia recently so been playing less and honestly I don't miss it and seeing where things are going I have little drive to keep up with things. Could just be the nifty cough syrup...but I don't see the class being fixed and the idea of a different main is too painful to contemplate.

Especially if you are old guard this new expac just isn't fun to be a lock and we do this for fun.

No sarcasm.

No it's pretty much a straight nerf.

Instead of mediocre ST OR aoe, now we're just garbage at both all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    i have an idea lets nerf warlocks even more!!!!! too much bulshit for warlocks in legion, we already lost half the expansion with a bad class design and the way blizzard want to fix this is by doing more nerfs!!! at least give us our AP back in another class we choose, warlocks are dead!!! i totally regreat choosing warlock as my main class right now, ty blizzard
    Right there....you see that bolded place, that's the place where I stopped reading.

Either you're a time traveler or you do not understand time. The expansion has been out for less than 3 months.

<Insert obligatory "bai," "can I haz your stuffz?" and "git gud noob" remark here.>
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.