Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solution to the Mage Bias:

I think it's time for the community to come together against this bullshit of Mages First.

Calling for a complete boycott of the Mage Class until Blizzard does the following:

1.) Makes all classes graphically the equal of Mages.
    2.) Makes all classes capable of competing with Mages.
    3.) Starts dialogue with all classes on the same level as Mages.
    4.) Stops radically redesigning every class mid-expansion except the fucking Mages.

Basically the boycott takes form 3 ways.

1.) If a Mage is in your LFD, Group Kick because they are a Mage.
    It's not that you hate the player, but you protest the bias of their class being always given a leg up.

2.) If a Mage is in your LFR, Raid Kick because of the same reason as 1.

3.) Decline any mage that applies for a Mythic in Dungeon Finder.

When Mages start to whine about being ignored / mass kicked by all other classes, maybe then Blizzard will heed the other 11 classes in WoW. As for me. Back to Hearthstone and Knights of the Fallen Empire until Blizzard sorts their shit. This is complete and total bullshit what they did to Monks and Rogues.

Wow. You sound incredibly salty. And you won't even participate in your OWN silly and stupid little boycott?

That is just a little sad. Sorry, VERY sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealousBlade View Post
    Wow. You sound incredibly salty. And you won't even participate in your OWN silly and stupid little boycott?

That is just a little sad. Sorry, VERY sad.
    Oh but I will. I have 2 months prepaid and every Mage I see is getting declined. Just passing word on that if people want to see real change, decline Mages. That'll light a fire really damn quick under the Devs that yes we are salty and we're sick and tired of being ignored to the benefit of a single class.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What are you *actually* complaining about? Blizzard can't seem to do right in some peoples eyes.

I am going to drink an entire glass of water every time somebody on MMO-C invents an incredibly stupid "solution" to an imaginary problem.

#makequeuedcontentgreatagain

Deleted
    Stupid idea but he got a point tho...

I kinda want mages to be middle of pack. I'm so fed up with seeing mages being top 3 DPS every damn patch.

You know it's a pretty good expansion when this is what people got to bitch about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I think it's time for the community to come together against this bullshit of Mages First.

Calling for a complete boycott of the Mage Class until Blizzard does the following:

4.) Stops radically redesigning every class mid-expansion except the fucking Mages.

It's not that you hate the player, but you protest the bias of their class being always given a leg up.

When Mages start to whine about being ignored / mass kicked by all other classes, maybe then Blizzard will heed the other 11 classes in WoW. As for me. Back to Hearthstone and Knights of the Fallen Empire until Blizzard sorts their shit. This is complete and total bullshit what they did to Monks and Rogues.
    I'd rather boycott stupid-ass topics here on MMO. Like, you know, this one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account

Salty much? Fact is Mags don't get any more feedback then other classes, are not currently OP in raids or PvP and Mages also had some large changes to class design for Legion as well.

As for graphical effects, you do realize that before Legion, Mages had some of the oldest spell effects in the game (in the case of Arcane and Frost they still do). Numerous threads were started in the Mage forum about how Warlock spells looked better and we wanted our own version of green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post

I kinda want mages to be middle of pack. I'm so fed up with seeing mages being top 3 DPS every damn patch.
    If you want to see mages being middke of the pack then look at basically any raid fight this expansion that doeant have a bunch of adds or things for ignite to spread to. Mages are currently middle of the pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd rather boycott stupid-ass topics here on MMO. Like, you know, this one.
    You must have a lot of free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post

They are mostly middle of the pack, Fire Mages only pull ahead in cleave.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Salty much? Fact is Mags don't get any more feedback then other classes, are not currently OP in raids or PvP and Mages also had some large changes to class design for Legion as well.

As for graphical effects, you do realize that before Legion, Mages had some of the oldest spell effects in the game (in the case of Arcane and Frost they still do). Numerous threads were started in the Mage forum about how Warlock spells looked better and we wanted our own version of green fire.
    I kind of feel sorry for Blizzard, they talk to the community and they get slated for it, if they don't talk to the community that's wrong too. It's kind of like being in the playground when you weren't allowed to talk to someone because they were friends with someone else.

Deleted
    I think OP must of been Poly'd one too many times, this sheep mentality is getting old!

So you're not good enough to compete with with a decent class so you're leaving, i suppose its a good thing. Take your time off, spend some time to L2P and come back in a month or two, and don't take this game so seriously.

Have you also not seen the nerfs coming to fire in 7.1.5?

Anyway, pure DPS classes should have better DPS than hybrid classes, that's all they are designed to do.
    Last edited by Crableg; 2016-11-17 at 10:20 AM.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

What is your characters name and server? Can I just treat you like that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    They don't "talk to the community" they talk to specific forums. Last time a blue replied to a rogue class concern was probably in Wotlk or TBC.
    I play on the EU, and we rarely get any response to anything -that said, the surge of abuse that is posted by players when they don't like something makes communication strained at best. As a forum reader, I don't want to read masses of replies along the lines of 'OMG you destroyed druids' or similar. I can't imagine that the personal attacks are very pleasant to read either.

Whether you love or hate Ghostcrawler, he tried to engage with the community and got a lot of shitty responses -most of which were completely out of balance with what was said. Let's face it, communicating over the internet is not as easy as it should be sometimes. Yeah, I'd love to see Blizzard posting on all the class forums but with the toxic responses they often get; it's not likely.

Deleted

Graohically equivalent? WTF is "graphically equivalent".
    Also, nope. Blizzard BS is Blizzard BS. People are people. Mah Niggah™ mains a mage and had a blast in Fire this patch. I see no problem with Mah Niggah™ enjoying some extra power at his fingertips every now and again. Oh and whatever happened, our young friend on his rogue kept pulling ahead. I won't presume to diagnose the state of the game based on this, but it appears fun can still be had without a mage (I have zero mage toons) and good dps pulled too.

Deleted
    I don't know what you are playing but mages are not OP. The three specs have interesting and complex mechanic (crit fishing on fire, burn and conserve mana phases on arcane (it's the only spec which depends on the mana percent to output damage), and frost mages fishing lances, mantaining the cool chain (bonechilling) etc). Now, for example, a bm hunter only spams abilities on cooldown (you know cds, stampede, crows, bestial wrath, and when everything is used, just spam kill command, dire beast, and fill with cobra shot). Well, if you are going against any class, dont do it against a mage. Its a very strong class, but requires you a complex play, or at least more complex than 80% of the dps specs. Easier classes should do an stable average dmg, while harder classes reward and punish a lot.
    Last edited by mmocd1c9020b34; 2016-11-17 at 10:28 AM.