Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Sure if you went in after the nerfs ... it was a cakewalk
    First iteration of kara was pretty challaging for most guilds. Not to mention the gear dropping was worse then what dropped from the heroics.

@OP
    i get what you mean. And in a sence ToV is the same way
    Simple few mechanics, but brutal if you don't know what y ou are doing.

I prefer that over 20 non lethal abilities that don't mean much.

At ilvl 870 i find nightbane a really difficult boss. The burning bones debuff totally destroyed me as tank.
    But it was easier than the heroics, well at least some of the heroics in any case.
    Kara right after you had enough people at level cap, not even necessarily out of all your leveling gear yet was pretty tough.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    I've got a crazy theory. OP is maybe, just maybe, talking about the new Nightbane encounter, not the original one.
    It's kinda sad how many people missed this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    "Nightbane is a prime example about how bosses were designed back in vanilla"
    That means it uses Vanilla encounter design methodology not that the encounter is from Vanilla, you can say the same about Guarm (Naxx style encounter that is about 100x better than the Dragon Soul style encounter that follows it).

I don't get why people think the game was easier in vanilla. Do they consider that the game is hard now?

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    nightbane was in tbc.
    Nightbane was designed during Vanilla.

The OP is right, he is saying "designed" not released. He was released in the Start of TBC, but was definitely designed during Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I don't get why people think the game was easier in vanilla. Do they consider that the game is hard now?
    Because majority of MMO-C never played in vanilla, they only say "I played" to say it. They don't even have the age.

The game was hard back then, different kind of hard than its now, you could blink your eyes and maybe eat pizza and watch TV while raiding. But it was hard, not easy cause it required that you had 40 people that had the brain for it. And also bosses were gearchecks.

10/10.

I giggled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Spot the person who didn't kill Nightbane on release It was no joke early on, the bone rain would 1-2-shot most people. The adds would destroy any non-tank, and AoR threat wasn't quiiiite as snooze-worthy as it is now
    And not to talk about having to find someone whom could summon it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Was it nightbane that dropped the cool shield for ele shamans. Dem memories

The amount of people not getting OP's point and trying to sound smart is too damn high Nice thread!
    Last edited by Captainkrabs; 2016-11-17 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Nightbane and Karazhan was in TBC. Way to look stupid OP.
    I think he's comparing Nightbane from Legion to Vanilla bosses. Way to look stupid commenter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's somewhat telling that OP is referring to the new Nightbane.

Almost any vanilla boss is a prime example on how a vanilla boss was designed during vanilla, because the boss was from vanilla and thus features the characteristics of an encounter from vanilla.

Nightbane, the new one, resembles the vanilla boss design in that it is basic in mechanics but brutal in numbers. OP argues this breaks the norm in Legion boss design but to be fair I'm not sure that I really agree. All other dungeon bosses are also number fights, just that they are scaled by the mythic+ system so you always try to push for the hardest version defeatable by your gear-level and thus is fighting against the numbers rather than the mechanics, just like Nightbane.

Question is, will they scale up Nightbane once all are ilvl 900+? Else he will become a pushover. Which might be fine. Smoldering wyrm would become the new Bronze drake and so fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It's somewhat telling that OP is referring to the new Nightbane.

Almost any vanilla boss is a prime example on how a vanilla boss was designed during vanilla, because the boss was from vanilla and thus features the characteristics of an encounter from vanilla.

Nightbane, the new one, resembles the vanilla boss design in that it is basic in mechanics but brutal in numbers. OP argues this breaks the norm in Legion boss design but to be fair I'm not sure that I really agree. All other dungeon bosses are also number fights, just that they are scaled by the mythic+ system so you always try to push for the hardest version defeatable by your gear-level and thus is fighting against the numbers rather than the mechanics, just like Nightbane.

Question is, will they scale up Nightbane once all are ilvl 900+? Else he will become a pushover. Which might be fine. Smoldering wyrm would become the new Bronze drake and so fourth.

Exactly this , in my post i talked about legion nightbane resembling vanilla bosses and not the tbc nightbane , lets just say that the whole point of my post is to prove wrong those who deny the difficulty of vanilla and make it seem like a very easy game , they say things like mythic archimonde has a catalog of abilities and viscidus has only 1 , it doesnt matter if a boss has a billion of abilities , numbers are what makes the biggest difference even though i dont see any *hard* mechanic at mythic en yet , if you fail its mostly because the numbers are bad for you , vanilla bosses were harder than mythic bosses on their release and it took many months to come close at beating them.

If they nerf Nightbane that is pretty shitty. Was a tough fight. Earned that mount. lol