Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    How does anyone working on WOW still have their job?
    Why are people so consistently incompetent and shit at their job allowed to keep it?
    I don't understand?
    You figure loosing all those WoD subs would have done it but nope. In fact promotions were given out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You figure loosing all those WoD subs would have done it but nope. In fact promotions were given out.
    To who? Ion got promoted recently but he worked on the one good thing to come out of WoD and that was raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    To who? Ion got promoted recently but he worked on the one good thing to come out of WoD and that was raiding.
    Ion yea. The 1 complaint about wod was raid or die.

Ion yea. The 1 complaint about wod was raid or die.
    That's not Ions job. He designed the raid encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not Ions job. He designed the raid encounters.
    Ive been led to believe game design on blizzards part is a colloboratibe effort. Success has many fathers apparently and failure is orphaned.

Ive been led to believe game design on blizzards part is a colloboratibe effort. Success has many fathers apparently and failure is orphaned.
    Sure, but he was the lead encounter designer. His main responsibility was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    This has never happened in the history of wow, where 20+ guilds are all stuck and progressing on the final boss of a raid.

Pretty exciting if you ask me, but also scary how hard she is.

Also scary considering some guilds have already 300+ pulls on her.

Also crazy that these guilds are not only mega skilled and dedicated, but outrageously overgeared through legendaries, titanforged gear, and an artifact level with traits so far ahead from spamming mythic dungeons that normal raiders wont see that level of artifact until around January.

So mythic raiders outside of top 100 are fucked, don't expect a kill until around or after Nighthold.

probably very intended because of how quickly EN was cleared.. Xavius fell too easily and too early. The boss will be nerfed after the top 1% have cleared it a few times and it will be scaled down. They've got to give people something to do till Nighthold comes out in a few more weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because you can't prevent that from happening. Make something idiot proof and all that gets you is better idiots.
    Let me repeat myself :
    If someone completely twist the mechanisms to get a result obviously not intended, true.
    Getting rewards by playing the game where it's intended to give rewards, though, is entirely within the design. The problem here is the design, not the use.

You're calling players idiots because they got gear by playing the content which is intended to give gear. I'm pretty sure you're much more of an idiot for saying something so absurd than they are for following the exact design that Blizzard made.

Game Design is practically always a collaborative effort in larger companies, that doesn't mean the guy in charge of Encounter Design is responsible for the lack of other things to do in WoD. There is more than a couple of designers working at Blizzard, you know.

Deleted
    Nobody claimed her yet?

That's actually exicting.

It'll be patched next reset, at which point the first guild to log in will take the kill.

WOD had the worst raiding I've ever done in a video game.
    Hellfire had 3 bosses with mechanics, maybe four. The rest were target dummies.

Emerald nightmare had nothing going on ever.

I wasn't a fan of WoD raiding, and I found HFC especially boring.
    But that certainly wasn't because lack of mechanics, on the very contrary. It was more due to mechanics fatigues, and having tons of little things cluttering the fight instead of a few important ones. Considering such clutter, I really, really can't see how you could describe HFC bosses as "target dummies"...

Interesting. I'd love to see your armory. Bet you have those cutting edge achievements eh? Hellfire had a few bosses that were shit, as per every raid in WoW. There were plenty that required coordination and effort especially on mythic.

I personally loved HM, at least mythic imperator. One of the most fun fights ive seen so far. It was widely praised as well, so it couldn't have been as bad as you say. I didn't like BRF that much but mythic BF and mythic BH were a bit challenging.

There were plenty of mechanics though. No idea what you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    People were banned for intercourse? Or am I missing something...?
    No no, they were banned WHILE having intercourse.

Deleted
    After the joke that was EN mythic progression, its not exactly surprising they toss an overtuned end boss out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    The thread title is completely inacurrate bollocks. Please delete or edit it.
    About 100 guilds killed Majordomo before the world first Ragnaros Hero kill. This is the first one I looked up, I bet there are numerous more (LK...). It took like 30 secs.

Generation spreading lies on the internet without fact checking.

Edit: It was about 150 for LK
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-11-18 at 02:07 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    C'thun had like close to a 100 guilds stuck on him I imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we had 100s of pulls on both prior to the hotfixes. It's not that they were faceroll easy, it's simply that we got the training wheels out of the way by then.

By all accounts, even post-nerf, C'thun was a mighty hard boss due to all the different responsibilities and the necessity to really act as a group.
    I remember entire weekends of pulls from 8am to 10pm with 2 30' breaks in between. Even with the horrible corpserun, you can still fit 50-100 pulls in 1 day if you manage to keep the time per pull below 20 minutes.
    Oh it was definitely still a hard fight and major props to those who did it. I'm just pointing out that a mechanical wall can be overcome whereas a mathematical wall and bugs is an entirely different can of worms and it's amazing it took them as long as it did to iron C'thun and Ouro out.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    C'thun was the 1st boss to have that OP and many more followed.
    No it wasn't. Both Onyxia and Ragnaros had that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Still can't beat C'thun and Ouro both not kill for at least 80+ days
    Bosses being unbeatable due to shit tuning mistakes and bugs don't exactly qualify. Once they were fixed, they fell pretty damned fast. If bosses with mechanics like those were released today, they'd fall so fast at every difficulty that tiers would be finished before they begun.