Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"...if you do the content, the Legendaries will come."

At the beginning of the expansion I decided to have x2 mains one of each faction. My Alliance main played all legendary-eligible content, while my horde just did daily Emissary Cache and messed around with random BG. I got a Legendary a few days ago on my Alliance toon (which clears Emerald Nightmare -Heroic- each week + Kara + some key runs.

While what I am saying is not news for some of you, I still see posts every other day asking how do I get my shinny orange.

Answer: Raid weekly / do Heroics / do daily chest / do key runs / do Pathfinder

Deleted
    I have been playing everyday for 5+ hours since 7.0. Not one legendary. Granted I aren't overly fussed but it is a bad design

15+ Year Old Account
    People have got them on alts after doing no content though so your theory is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    People have got them on alts after doing no content though so your theory is flawed.
    LOL "your theory is flawed". Kids on this place ... RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    At the beginning of the expansion I decided to have x2 mains one of each faction. My Alliance main played all legendary-eligible content, while my horde just did daily Emissary Cache and messed around with random BG. I got a Legendary a few days ago on my Alliance toon (which clears Emerald Nightmare -Heroic- each week + Kara + some key runs.

While what I am saying is not news for some of you, I still see posts every other day asking how do I get my shinny orange.

Of course that is what is said, they WANT you to be out in the world. Be in the content and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have been playing everyday for 5+ hours since 7.0. Not one legendary. Granted I aren't overly fussed but it is a bad design
    Wasn't fussed about it, was just lucky myself. The first one I got was on my first HC Nyth kill, and the Ret Pala BiS. Wasn't even expecting to get one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    RNG is still RNG. If you do enough legendary eligible content you WILL get a legendary at some point this xpac.
    Exactly, do a little or a lot it makes no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and this thread will most likely get merged, or locked due to the consolidated thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL "your theory is flawed". Kids on this place ... RNG is RNG.
    Right... which is what im saying...your point being other then trying to be a smart arse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    RNG is still RNG. If you do enough legendary eligible content you WILL get a legendary at some point this xpac.
    Indeed, RNGesus has spoken if you get what you want.

I have four playable characters at 110 currently. I have gotten three legendaries. Two showed up for my boomkin one yesterday and one the day before that (world boss kill on wed and emissary on thur).

Unfortunately I didn't expect to ever see one legendary so I slacked off on my order hall research. So now I'm researching the tier before the last one. In three weeks I'll be able to wear both

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Right... which is what im saying...your point being other then trying to be a smart arse?
    My point, other than being a smartass, is that "your theory is flawed" is a completely nonsensical, and outright wrong statement. What the OP said is irrefutably correct.

In simple terms: he's right, you're wrong. Factually.

It's an extremely low dropchance on essentially all non-leveling content in the game. So the more you play, the more chances you have to get one.

There is supposed to be bad luck protection too, but if it exists it's so low-impact that nobody can tell. There are plenty of active players, doing emissaries every day, raids every week, etc, that still don't have a legendary.

Deleted

Translation: "I did X for N weeks and got N legendaries; stop complaining and do X, your legendaries will drop".
    This is a whole new level of clueless BS

=Be unemployed and play wow until your life evaporates, get legendary"

I have 4 legendaries. One of them I've had for ages. 2 dropped within an hour of each other last week (heroic dungeon and emissary quest,) my fourth dropped last night (EN LFR.)

The system is awful, nothing new there. My druid has 3 "meh" legendaries which were all spaced out about the same amount, iirc. My priest and warrior got theirs from emissaries a few days apart(after having done every emissary available to them and a little bit of raiding on the priest). My DK hit 110, did a few dungeons and within 9 hours got legendary bracers. Legendaries should either just not exist or not be subject to this kind of RNG bullshit.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-11-18 at 04:46 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'd rather have no legendaries than the 3 garbage ones I have. Just saying :\

Really fucking hate this system. Idc if it doesn't "feel as epic", it feels a lot less epic not being able to target one you give a fuck about instead of, oh boy, Sephuz's Secret and garbage that sucks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The more you do, the higher the chance. If you do 5 dungeons, you have less chance of someone who does 300.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    My point, other than being a smartass, is that "your theory is flawed" is a completely nonsensical, and outright wrong statement. What the OP said is irrefutably correct.

In simple terms: he's right, you're wrong. Factually.
    So you say its RNG and he says its how much time you put into it?

So what is it then, RNG or time played/cleared?

I got 2 on my main one off world boss and 1 off hc EN, on my alt i got one from mythic 0 brh, i have average 5hrs play time/day
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-11-18 at 05:09 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©