Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Mate they just took away some peoples twitter accounts... no need to jerk yourself into a frenzy.
    M8 a president just got elected and hasn't even passed one bill, no need to jerk yourself into a fr-

Oh wait, you already have. And you're all in overdrive on the anti-right propaganda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not sure you understand that Twitter is a privately-owned for-profit company.

Because they are.

If you don't like what they're doing, vote with your feet and don't use their service.
    yes, because we do not have regulations on, Newspapers, Tv-stations or radio stations.
    They Aught to be regulated like the public utilities they de facto are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Finally. It's also insane that this could go on so long. Twitter needs to be more active against hatred!
    So saying "I disagree with the gay lifestyle" is hatred? Should Twitter ban my account for having an opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So saying "I disagree with the gay lifestyle" is hatred? Should Twitter ban my account for having an opinion?
    I would say they shouldn't, but they can. It's in the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    What is a 'gay' lifestyle?
    If you mean 'gay' people are wrong, then sure i agree that is dubious (i'm still not in favor of a ban, but that's an aside).
    If you mean 'gay lifestyle' as in (This is clearly a stereotype, and i'm not bashing) fucking around with anyone in sight and otherwise loose morals, hedonism - Sure, that's behavior bash that as much as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    There was a picture floating around that held a test, someone was racist against blacks in one post and racist against whites in another. You can guess which account was closed and which wasn't.

The left is absurdly racist. Their strong-arm, fascist-like hypocritical behavior is becoming almost too much to bear. The Repubs should strip the leftists of as much power as humanly possible in the next 4 years.

The left hates the right with their entire being. They want a civil war. They want to kill us. Enough attempts at moderating, at compromising. It's time to utterly crush the left.

Edit: Ah, here it is:

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/11/equality.html?m=1
    Wow, never saw someone mispell right as left so often.

M8 a president just got elected and hasn't even passed one bill, no need to jerk yourself into a fr-

Oh wait, you already have. And you're all in overdrive on the anti-right propaganda.
    You're still jerking it mate, could you put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes, because we do not have regulations on, Newspapers, Tv-stations or radio stations.
    Due to the critical-mass nature of social media being such that the biggest dawg is a nearly de facto winner-take-all this is actually fairly reasonable. Entities like Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn have staggering power and influence at this point and something approaching temporary monopoly status in their markets.

I'm fairly averse to onerous regulations though. I can't imagine what a shit-show it would be to enforce disparate impact doctrine in this context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I would say they shouldn't, but they can. It's in the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up.
    So the twitter terms of service prohibit any conservative views / opinions being shared, but yet, we can have celebrities get on twitter and call people who voted for Trump idiots, and all sorts of profanity and hateful things and not have their accounts banned or censored?

If thats not the definition of hate when you blast other people with insults and violence because you disagree with their opinions, then I don't know what is.

If exercising your right to free speech were just about spewing nonsense 24/7 then we'd really be selling ourselves short here. And when you have lunatics shouting down and drowning out people's opinions, then you don't exactly have an environment that promotes genuine free expression. Cleaning up social media, not to purge of it some ideological viewpoints, but rather just to set some kind of reasonable standards, is something that should be beneficial and not put us on the slippery slope to 1984 or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    You're still jerking it mate, could you put the crack pipe down and step away from the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Wow, never saw someone mispell right as left so often.
    Wow, all these compelling arguments. Such intelligent, rational thought. Wow!

So this... is the power... of leftism.... whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    LGBT is a protected class, right-wing is not. (shrug)
    Nothing says equality like being a protected class. Also more amusing the amount of regressive leftists here that demand to be treated with kid gloves because they cannot defend their own ideas rationally, and want everything that they disagree with labelled as "hate speech"

This type of thinking is no longer acceptable in decent society. As we get further into the 21st century, you're going to find fewer and fewer safe places to express prejudice view points.

Right-wing: You realize equality doesn't exist and is a tool used by the left to marginalize those who are successful.
    Left-wing: You falsely believe equality exists, or you realize it doesn't exist but use it to further your own agenda against the above group.

What a beautiful world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    This type of thinking is no longer acceptable in decent society. As we get further into the 21st century, you're going to find fewer and fewer safe places to express prejudice view points.
    All he said was that he disagreed with it. And you immediately come to tell him that it isn't even remotely acceptable in your society, which you falsely label as decent. If it was decent, it wouldn't attempt to snuff out dissenting opinions like a fascist regime would.

Leftists are fascists. They have become what they hate. It's up to the right to save this planet from the doom it's spiraling toward thanks to the leftists.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a picture floating around that held a test, someone was racist against blacks in one post and racist against whites in another. You can guess which account was closed and which wasn't.

The left is absurdly racist. Their strong-arm, fascist-like hypocritical behavior is becoming almost too much to bear. The Repubs should strip the leftists of as much power as humanly possible in the next 4 years.

The left hates the right with their entire being. They want a civil war. They want to kill us. Enough attempts at moderating, at compromising. It's time to utterly crush the left.

Edit: Ah, here it is:

http://voxday.blogspot.ca/2016/11/equality.html?m=1
    I couldn't agree with you more. Leftists cant even make logical arguments, especially in the political arena. And they will dismiss anyone's opinion that they disagree with, even to the point of trying to quiet them, or stop free speech from happening. They base their policy on getting low information voters to vote for them, and don't even try to do whats right for citizens as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Good the far right needs to be stomped out of existence. Tired of accommodating these shit heads.
    For some, the question is always "who, whom?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    sure there is, its not something we can define perfectly but that dose not mean they don't exist. All moral judgments stem from a base of avoiding harm and promoting well being there is simply disagreement on what is harmful and what isn't, and as neuroscience expands our understanding of that will as well.
    You've literally just admitted that you were incorrect. If we can't agree on what "harm" means, then clearly, there's no agreement about what is "moral". The very fact that ethics is a widely diverse field of philosophy is pretty clear proof that you're wrong on this.

No, because up to the last year(s) they have been unabashedly saying 'free speech!' - Its only Now they are going on about 'Muh feelz'.
    Twitter's always had policies against hate speech. This isn't new.

That's not how public utilities work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Oh so you are advocating for a society that takes away freedom of speech and thought. And you call anyone's opinion that you disagree with as "prejudice" and try to blast me as bigoted and any other SJW term you can throw at me.

Grow up. People have differing views, and its okay to have them.

Soon you people are going to think the same thing about incest and blast anyone who does not agree with it as "prejudice" or bigoted.

Where does it stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You've literally just admitted that you were incorrect. If we can't agree on what "harm" means, then clearly, there's no agreement about what is "moral". The very fact that ethics is a widely diverse field of philosophy is pretty clear proof that you're wrong on this.
    Our inability to come agreement on the correct answer dose not disprove the existence of one. a science of morality centered around avoiding harm would be just as objective as a science of medicine based on health. Can we perfectly define what is and is not healthy? No but that dose not make it vacuous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Nothing says equality like being a protected class. Also more amusing the amount of regressive leftists here that demand to be treated with kid gloves because they cannot defend their own ideas rationally, and want everything that they disagree with labelled as "hate speech"
    LGBTQIA folk (and other minorities) suffer discrimination majority groups do not. Making them a protected class makes things closer to equal. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

We can defend our ideas just fine, but there comes a point where it's just tiresome and pointless and there is no point engaging with the people who hate us.