Deleted
    Yeah, that I do know. For me it was BoP, AD, Bubble, distance + GoaK, AD again. On last I did die, because external came too late
    Hopefully, next time when I skipp running like a madman it will not be so messy, as our first kill. Well, all comes with practice, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulilol View Post
    If you use sac you actually get double heal value because it triggers for your and your targets blessing.
    no it doesn't
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I am interested in sampling how you guys have your "Blessings" set up in UI. I am ok at using them on myself, but generally fumble if I have to use them on someone else in the raid. Is macro-ing them to be cast on mouseover target the fastest way to dish them out?
    Thanks.

Deleted
    I didn't find any keybinds I liked so I put them on a small Bartender bar without keybinds, and placed it near the raid/party frames

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Odyn & Guarm videos are up if anyone wants to check out.
    Thanks Lazel!

Quote Originally Posted by Loilane View Post
    I am interested in sampling how you guys have your "Blessings" set up in UI. I am ok at using them on myself, but generally fumble if I have to use them on someone else in the raid.
    In case a specific tactic involves bop-ing or sacrifice on specific raid member during specific mechanic I make a macro on a separate button that will cast that blessing on that person. I rarely have a situation I have to decide on the fly who to use my blessing on, except maybe freedom when someone goes into brambles, but there's many other people who can free them (some classes can even free themselves like druids and hunters). In case it's really needed I just target them, same with dispel, but it rarely happens, I assume if you're accustomed to mouse over macros or playing a healer in general that would be the best solution.

On most fights a second of downtime to cast a blessing won't ruin you. Only place where I had issues was ursoc as it requires split second taunting after rend and my previous guild wanted me to bop the charged person. My new guild wants me to bop the offtank to remove debuff when the boss is low, so that's way easier to do with a cast at target macro.

Can you say which exactly blessings in which scenarios you need to use on the fly?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I mean, i wouldn't consider it to be good right now. Freedom is on GCD and everything else, you wouldn't waste.
    Ahh... I don't have it, so I only use Freedom when I need it. Had not even thought about the GCD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durrendal View Post
    Really? I thought damage to raid was in a radius around me - hence move away part.
    But if it's raid-wide dmg, I will stop caring and stressing out (yesterday we had our first heroic kill and it was not a clean one )
    I bubbled in place last night, and seemed to go fine.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Wow I didn't even realize that the spear casts were so close together on Odyn. I happen to have the bracers. Gonna try taking 2 in a row with 15 second BoP (casts are 11 seconds apart) on mythic progression tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Odyn & Guarm videos are up if anyone wants to check out.
    hey what was the second song on your dragons kill vid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did we get a stealth nerf on LotP/HotP? Mine is healing 12% with 3/3 StS

Edit: nvm, it's back to 31% this morning.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2016-11-25 at 06:09 AM.

So Serpahim.
    Is it only for overgeared content only?
    I love it soooo much, yet am inclined to take Last Defender for survivability.

The answer I always give is: Use sera when you are confident with the content you're doing.

It's a pretty good progression talent for Guarm and Odyn mythic, but there has to be the stipulation of reasonably safe tank damage (or like with Guarm, you can just stop taking it and let your bear/guardian be unkillable while you wait for CDs/SotR).

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Seraphim pretty much all the time unless I really feel the need for more SOTR uptime for standard melee hits; bit of an opinion piece below, but with some anecdotal and factual stuff thrown in...

Just make sure you are aware of when you need to delay using Seraphim to ensure you have SOTR charges for key abilities or times where you may be at risk of a slow death to boss melees due to mechanics affecting healing output. You also have the option of using Seraphim with less than the full 2 SOTR charges if needed to keep it synced up with AW / Horn.

I think Prot Pala gameplay is a lot more engaging with the talent chosen. You will be taking a bit more damage overall of course, but this should just be from SOTR uptime on standard melee hits. You can use Seraphim and still have active mit up for all dangerous boss attacks, with minimal to no loss on Sera uptime.

Once you overgear the content, then it's trivial anyway and you can just get max Sera uptime and not worry about the SOTR as much anyway.

The only boss I felt like it was worth dropping the talent for during progress so far in raids, was for Ursoc MC... and was probably unnecessary in the end too, just needed a bit more focus on managing uptime but still ensuring active mit for Overwhelm 1+2 as well as the charge hit when Rend Flesh was up during the soft enrage. For Mythic+, I typically use it most of the time as well, with higher keystone Tyrannical being the main time when RP or LD will be better subject to comp/other affixes.

Hope that helps.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    is there a recommendation on how to determine what trinkets are best to use for DPS/TMI (as much as we like to debate its usefullness as a metric)?

I have been lucky enough to receive pretty much all tank raid trinkets (plus nature's call from cenarius) at 880
    Horn 845
    Memento 860
    DMC 855
    Chrono 850

And i'm trying to figure out what is best to be using? I've been sticking to Horn / memento when sera (for wings)+ wings, but for example, is an 880 goblet going to bring me more DPS than an 845 horn (in sera)? Obviously if I am going for RP then I'm turtling so going for full defensive value.

Does Simcraft properly work for prot pala atm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    is there a recommendation on how to determine what trinkets are best to use for DPS/TMI (as much as we like to debate its usefullness as a metric)?
    Here is a detailed trinket comparison list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.lwmlezsz87if

Has a description of each trinket and then below that a tier list for all tank classes (and for Prot Pala separate tier lists for defensive/offensive).

For DPS, assuming same ilvl, Horn+Chrono are the combo for max DPS with Bastion talent. Memento+Chrono seems to be the best combo with First Avenger chosen. Not sure how easily it is to weight for ilvl, don't have a good calculator for it myself.

I typically use 890+socket Horn with 850 Chrono and First Avenger talent for most fights, even though Horn is better with Bastion it doesn't "feel" as good. My Memento is also only 845.

For survivability (and these are a lot more subjective and situational to be fair), the clear winner is DMC, it's nuts.
    Grotesque Statuette is solid, especially for single target fights with high tanking uptime, but poor for AOE tanking and fast dying mobs.
    The timewalking trinkets are OP despite low ilvl.

I typically run Chrono Shard for the haste feels with Grotesque for ST tanking on hard hitting bosses as a DPS/Mit hybrid option, but that's mostly a preference thing. I haven't used DMC yet because nothing has been hitting me hard enough yet to worry about it.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Here is a detailed trinket comparison list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.lwmlezsz87if

Has a description of each trinket and then below that a tier list for all tank classes (and for Prot Pala separate tier lists for defensive/offensive).

For DPS, assuming same ilvl, Horn+Chrono are the combo for max DPS with Bastion talent. Memento+Chrono seems to be the best combo with First Avenger chosen. Not sure how easily it is to weight for ilvl, don't have a good calculator for it myself.

I typically use 890+socket Horn with 850 Chrono and First Avenger talent for most fights, even though Horn is better with Bastion it doesn't "feel" as good. My Memento is also only 845.

For survivability (and these are a lot more subjective and situational to be fair), the clear winner is DMC, it's nuts.
    Grotesque Statuette is solid, especially for single target fights with high tanking uptime, but poor for AOE tanking and fast dying mobs.

I typically run Chrono Shard for the haste feels with Grotesque for ST tanking on hard hitting bosses as a DPS/Mit hybrid option, but that's mostly a preference thing. I haven't used DMC yet because nothing has been hitting me hard enough yet to worry about it.
    How is the consideration of such a list for PvP trinkets ? because i got a rather nice trinket with 1005 versatility as static stat and 4012 strenght procc for 20 seconds ilvl 870 with a socket

Anyone has any idea is it better to run spellwarding for mythic Odyn (maybe to cheese not having to run to rune buff?) or better keep BOP for p3 spears?

BoP is way more useful than BoN. Getting rune buff isn't very hard to actually do since you have horse, and since you're getting between 5-9 of them in the fight, cheesing one isn't of particularly huge benefit.
    Last edited by Veyloris; 2016-11-27 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loilane View Post
    I am interested in sampling how you guys have your "Blessings" set up in UI. I am ok at using them on myself, but generally fumble if I have to use them on someone else in the raid. Is macro-ing them to be cast on mouseover target the fastest way to dish them out?
    Thanks.
    I use the default UI with some Weak Auras for stuff I need to emphasize. Most of my defensives are top row just left of center; top right of center are a row of blessing macros that cast these on my focus (target focus, cast blessing, target last target). For 5-mans I focus the healer; for raid I focus my off-tank. Casting on anyone else requires me to manually target them and click the spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post

Nice breakdown. I go back and forth on trinkets all the time. I have an 865 Grotesque for raid bosses and an 855 DMC if I need it. I've lately been using stat sticks for haste: 870 Echo with 1005 haste and 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal with the 807 all stats. I feel like trinkets are relatively weak slots for me atm and I'm hoping to upgrade soon.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-11-27 at 11:29 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"