Thread: The AP Exploit

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I assume the easiest fix they'll do is removing that amount AP from people's most leveled artifact.

I assume removing traits is too technical so they'll send you into negatives for 'banked artifact power'. Eg. If you have 200k and you farmed 700k you'll be at -500k, a handicap before your next trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit I should have hopped on that train too if they were just passing out a day or two ban and you get to keep the AP like holy crap haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Shit I should have hopped on that train too if they were just passing out a day or two ban and you get to keep the AP like holy crap haha
    Yeah man so cool. Except you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I assume the easiest fix they'll do is removing that amount AP from people's most leveled artifact.

I assume removing traits is too technical so they'll send you into negatives for 'banked artifact power'. Eg. If you have 200k and you farmed 700k you'll be at -500k, a handicap before your next trait.
    This assumes there's no issue with negative numbers. With how large AP numbers get, I would assume they're unsigned values so that it wouldn't need to support negative. Could be wrong, though.

If there is anything that I've learned from my life is that whenever there is something you can exploit, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    What was the exploit?
    Logging out would reset a world quest you just completed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Yeah man so cool. Except you wouldn't.
    Well I mean if they're not going to take away the AP from the exploiters that's kind of a huge fuck you to legitimate players. Can't beat em join em type deal

edit: But apparently they are removing it now? That's news to me when I heard about this everyone said they just received bans but no AP penalty and that ruffled my feathers.

god so many whiney bitches in this community.

some how I bet they fuck the removal of the ap up and remove way more than the people actually exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    And this is precisely why it's annoying. All it says to me is #worth. I can understand removing the AP might be a massive technical hurdle, eg. what weapon did they use it in etc etc.

So they should have tripled the ban lengths.
    honestly if they not in the mood to outright ban them reset their weapon to lvl10, now that would hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post

some how I bet they fuck the removal of the ap up and remove way more than the people actually exploited.
    Good, thet should lose 2-3 AK lvls too.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Good, thet should lose 2-3 AK lvls too.
    You should also lose 2-3 AK levels. I saw you exploiting it as well.

2 days for 700k AP exploit. 6 months if you used a bot to do it. Fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    2 days for 700k AP exploit. 6 months if you used a bot to do it. Fair and balanced.
    Should've been 2 weeks(minimum) and perm imho. Everyone knows exploiting is wrong, so blizz should be stricter about it. And botting is just the most stupid thing a person can do and the account should be closed perm.

Whiny cause they are against cheating? Seriously.

And good those that really took advantage of the exploit should lose extra. If it were upto me their artifact would be reset to 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Botting is completely different to exploiting a bug. You can't put everything into 1 basket.

Also. Botting in OW is a perma ban, you know why? because OW has no sub so they lose no money. They make money as people purchase another copy.

They are in it to make money, not get rid of all their subs lol.

Thousands of people took part in this AP exploit, yeah, lets just ban them all and lose £££££££

no.
    You're right, let's just let people knowingly exploit and make all the other 95% of your playerbase realize they missed out on something because Blizzard is so weak at banning. Fucking genius.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Which would actually be a deterrent for exploiting in the future instead of the limp wrists "please dont do it again".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Whiny cause they are against cheating? Seriously.

And good those that really took advantage of the exploit should lose extra. If it were upto me their artifact would be reset to 0.
    Exploiting isn't cheating. An exploit is abusing a feature most of the time. In this case that would be AP gains.

I hope some people actually come up with some creative BS as to why they got banned and they shouldn't have been, etc. A lot of the people who got caught in the ban wave of Diablo 3 a few months ago tried to justify why they cheated/exploited. That's just boring. I want some real crazy excuses like "my wife said she'd leave me if I didn't have that fat mil AP by the next morning."

Looking forward to the crying either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyser View Post
    I hope some people actually come up with some creative BS as to why they got banned and they shouldn't have been, etc. A lot of the people who got caught in the ban wave of Diablo 3 a few months ago tried to justify why they cheated/exploited. That's just boring. I want some real crazy excuses like "my wife said she'd leave me if I didn't have that fat mil AP by the next morning."

Looking forward to the crying either way.
    No creative reason. I got banned for exploiting this AP gain. Well suspended. No regrets. And no I'm not saying it just to get a rise. I have no justification for what I did. I chose to do it willingly knowing the risks. And maybe when I log in tomorrow the AP may be gone. However in descriptive terms an exploit is completely different from a cheat. Cheats in games usually refer to a code or workaround that is not usually in the game whereas an exploit is using a mechanic in the game in such a way to gain an advantage. Similar to cheating but not entirely on par.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Exploiting isn't cheating. An exploit is abusing a feature most of the time. In this case that would be AP gains.
    Cheating to act unfairly to gain an advantage such as abusing the exploit.

But this distracts from the issue at hand.

Any such behavior in game must be dealt with harshly imo.