Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    I loved it (but that may be because I don't have the game yet and I am still super hyped. Can't wait *hnnnggg*)
    People in the comments were all like "He just wanted a hug!"
    Haha yeah no, hon. That thing went from adorable waving to black shading across its face, punching trees in half, and letting out a high pitch scream. I respect Ash's reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    So UPS was by earlier and dropped my package off. I wasn't feeling well so I never got up and grabbed it. Just stepped outside and there were two packages on the porch. Opened them both and two copies of Sun! Thank you Amazon for the free copy I didn't order.
    Awesome! If you want, you can try seeing if you can go to a game store that does trade ins and see if you can get a copy of Moon for free (considering its a brand spankin new game) or at least heavily discounted.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Awesome! If you want, you can try seeing if you can go to a game store that does trade ins and see if you can get a copy of Moon for free (considering its a brand spankin new game) or at least heavily discounted.
    Yea, I think I'll hit up Walmart sometime and tell them it was meant to be moon. I have to admit, I was worried I had order two copies, but after checking back in my order history I can't find any other purchase than the one I made Wednesday.

I'm gonna be honest, some of these Totem pokemon battles have been more difficult than most gym battles of prior games

The Wishiwashi one hits hard since it is in the rain, and the pokemon it summoned first against me was Alomomola, which is bulky as hell and also had heal pulse to heal the Totem wishiwashi, getting it away from the hp percentage to turn off it's school form! It also carried a Sitrus berry as another way of delaying it's transformation.

The Salazzle hits damn hard, especially when you get it low and it consumes it's berry that raises special attack!

The one that gave me the most trouble though was Lurantis. That power herb + solar blade combo is nasty, even against mons that resist it! Not to mention both of the partners is summoned against me mesh extremely well with it! Trumbeak was fast, was really annoying with supersonic, and could take out bug types you use against Lurantis, but the real threat was the combo with castform...Also took out bug types, use sunny day to make Lurantis immune to status, power up it's synthesis, and make solar blade a 1 turn move. On top of that, taking Castform out with Lurantis is also niegh on impossible as Lurantis just demolishes any water, rock, or ground type you would bring out to deal with the Sun form Castform. Not to mention, I was ready to rely on my Dartrix with it's flying stab to take out Lurantis, but both Trumbeak and Castrom changed those plans. Ultimately I was able to win on my 4th attempt, after saccing a mon to use up the power herb, toxic'ing it, getting lucky with the ally spawn and got Trumbeak instead of Castform, and from there just had to survive while getting hits in.

I just beat the Akala Grand Trial, so I haven't done any more than that.

I am getting so annoyed with farming Salandit. It knows Dragon Rage at the level you catch it at and it only has a 12.5% chance to be female. Ugh.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Crabrawler is found under huge berry piles (you'll know it when you see the pile)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I actually like that

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent 2 hours trying to catch a fucking female Salandit (only females evolve). Time to take a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I spent 2 hours trying to catch a fucking female Salandit (only females evolve). Time to take a break...
    Holy shit really? Took me conly a couple of Salandits, and even then 1 quickball did it. I'm on Poni Island, my Vikavolt finally evolved!

Decidueye
    Lycanroc-day
    Mudsdale
    Alolan Muk
    Vikavolt
    Toxapex

Pretty happy with it to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye. It took me maybe 10 minutes at most to get a female Salandit. 5 of those being actually waiting for Salandits to appear in the grass. Then the rest were finding a female.

- - - Updated - - -

My team is Dartrix, Amaterasu the Lycanroc-Day, Wishiwashi, Guila the Salandit, Crabrawler, and Charjabug.

- - - Updated - - -

In my Moon playthrough, i kinda want to stray from the archetipical grass/fire/water trio that is recommended for your team. It felt like it took up too much space that other awsome pokemon i wanted to use couldnt occupy.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it might make the game harder, not having the core types.

Oh, and hint hint nudge nudge fore the Golisopod and Araquanid fans, their preevos can be found on Akala island (Dewpider in the 2nd trial area, and Wimpod can be found as a sort of static encounter before the 4th trial)

Damn I can't choose. Which skintone I should pick? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Boom! Caught a Merciless Mareanie! Did it take an hour of fishing up Corsola and waiting for them to call for aid, killing every Corsola they called, waiting for them to call a Mareanie? Yes. Did I catch 2 other Mareanie that had limber instead? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes!

fun fact: Mareanie attacks the Corsola that calls it, over you. Everytime!
    This is because Mareanie is a natural predator to Corsola.

gonna do emo cat nuzlocke with sun

then green arrowl alter ego of owliver queen nuzlocke for moon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Nappy found a shiny A-Digglet as his first encounter in Seaward Cave, and is in complete denial, saying that that encounter must be a static shiny (it isn't).

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been slow playing, I realized I enjoy the "catch everything" in each route before moving on style of play now. I'm right at the start of the first trials or w/e, and I have to say I think the non-throwaway trainer fighst are actually more challenging than any previous generation. Magnemite, Smeargle, that damn A Meowth whose Bite halflifes everything but my starter...

Alolan Elite 4 down!

They weren't the hardest ever, but it was nice in that they had 5 pokemon each, so it was at least better than Kalos and Unova. Rooms were ok, lacked the flair of Kalos, but their theme more than made up for it.
    Team was:

Mudsdale
    Decidueye
    Alolan Muk
    Vikavolt
    Lycanroc
    Toxapex

I couldn't have asked for a more awesome squad :]

Everyone is dancing in the credits doing their z-move lol

OH SHIT TAPU KOKO WANTS SOME OF THIS (lol turna out he literally only has electric moves and nature's madness. Bring a ground type and it's an easy battle)

final playtime 29:16

On to the post game!

Of course Looker is here XD
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-11-20 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea how long it will take them to realise Marshadow?
    https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/marshadow

Looking at moveset...its seriosly OP.

You know what's awesome? On subsequent playthroughs of the elite 4, after you beat them, you don't face a champion, since you already are the champion, instead you face a challenger to defend your title. The screen at the end mirrors this and instead of saying you became the champ, it says you defended your title! I think that is amazing, finally a pokemon game where we are acknowledged as the champion.