Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The media is still trying to remain relevant in a world where they no longer control the flow of information. That's why (as this election showed) everyday they lose more and more dominance over people's perception of information.
    You are right, we should just cut the middle man out, and have the information streamed straight to the internet. That way the media can still get their money from spinning the information to the same out of touch people that they already do, because those people will likely not watch it for themselves, while the rest of us get the info "From the horse's mouth".
    I love this assumption, of people dismissing CNN as ''prupaganda for sheeple'' while quoting Alex Jones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I love this assumption, of people dismissing CNN as ''prupaganda for sheeple'' while quoting Alex Jones.
    Some people also have this strange notion that everything they don't agree with is propaganda. While in reality some media can just have a different stance on some matters than they do. Fox might be representing a pro-Republican stance, while CNN offers a pro-Democrat one - but it doesn't make them propagandist channels.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What? I never said anything about CNN or Alex Jones. If you can't see how biased the mainstream media is, then IDK what to do for you. Streaming all of it to the internet without being run through a news outlet is the only way to get the truth.
    CNN is "prupaganda for sheeple", just like breitbart, foxnews, MSNBC, etc.
    If you report news without proof of your story, or verifiable proof that your "sources" said what you reported they said, then you are "prupaganda for sheeple", no matter what acronym you belong to.
    The problem is that most mainstream media weaves truth and bullshit together, so unless you are able to think for yourself, you will be inundated with bullshit that skews your view of the information.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2016-11-19 at 06:58 PM.

Hey altrighters, if IQ is genetic, you should therefore surrender governement to a specific ethnic group that have repeatedly proven ''smarter'' than most other groups, by dominating outrageously Nobel prizes (even in STEM fields)....

What, that does not count ?
    Most of the alt-right pretty much acknowledges that Asians and Ashkenazi Jews have higher average IQs than Europeans. This shouldn't really be all that surprising. I guess it is if your narrative is that they're white supremacists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    IQ test mostly a measure how good the testee is at understanding the tester, nothing more.
    This is extremely false. G-loaded IQ tests are excellent predictors of success.

Population level IQ is also highly predictive of societal success.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    What? I never said anything about CNN or Alex Jones. If you can't see how biased the mainstream media is, then IDK what to do for you. Streaming all of it to the internet without being run through a news outlet is the only way to get the truth.
    CNN is "prupaganda for sheeple", just like breitbart, foxnews, MSNBC, etc.
    If you report news without proof of your story, or verifiable proof that your "sources" said what you reported they said, then you are "prupaganda for sheeple", no matter what acronym you belong to.
    The problem is that most mainstream media weaves truth and bullshit together, so unless you are able to think for yourself, you will be inundated with bullshit that skews your view of the information.
    No, absolutely not. CNN says at worse that Trump policies are stupid. They are not saying he his doing black masses.

What a shit thread. Not because of the obvious bias of the OP. Mainly the fact of what we are founded on is freedom of the press, no matter how much you hate the other side and/or you think media bias. Also this is such a shit thread I would love the same person screaming "fair", if Clinton now banned all conservative media.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, absolutely not. CNN says at worse that Trump policies are stupid. They are not saying he his doing black masses.
    lol RIIIIIIIGHT. CNN is just as bad as Fox News at just warping something, and feeding it to their audience as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    So you want a safe-space? Got it.
    Racial segregation to feel safe is not the same as not giving journalist hacks the time of day because they lean to the opposite political views that keeps them from actually being journalist. I am so sorry you couldn't figure that out on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Hopefully Trump issues a resounding "Fuck you" to this letter.

The only access he should grant is to Breitbart News and Fox.

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and ESPECIALLY CNN (along with the NY TImes and Washington Post) should be told to go fuck themselves. Let them go cover Hillary, Bernie, et, al,
    Dude... what in the hell are you talking about? I seriously hope this is a troll post. Otherwise... I just can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Having a list of only media you approve of and only want to have around is how you get state sponsored media. Not a good thing.
    So its better to allow private social media companies to censor media they disagree with? Who exactly is it that decides who the 'press' is? Why shouldn't a youtube channel be given equal recognition to CNN, when you consider what we have learned about media collusion it would seem that a random youtube news channel will have fewer conflicts of interest than any major news corporation.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of name is Delano? I have never heard anyone else having it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Racial segregation to feel safe
    That's what you think a "safe-space" is? How embarassing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    What a shit thread. Not because of the obvious bias of the OP. Mainly the fact of what we are founded on is freedom of the press, no matter how much you hate the other side and/or you think media bias. Also this is such a shit thread I would love the same person screaming "fair", if Clinton now banned all conservative media.
    Is anyone proposing banning media of any kind here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    http://www.press.org/news-multimedia...t-donald-trump

Hopefully Trump issues a resounding "Fuck you" to this letter.

The only access he should grant is to Breitbart News and Fox.

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and ESPECIALLY CNN (along with the NY TImes and Washington Post) should be told to go fuck themselves. Let them go cover Hillary, Bernie, et, al,
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Is anyone proposing banning media of any kind here?
    Did you fucking read the his original post??
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The OP outright suggested Trump should only provide access to Breitbart and Fox, so I'd say yes.
    He should just abolish the white house press pool, then do direct public outreach. I think the viciousness with which the press have continued to attack the president-elect even AFTER the election has given him grounds for this.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Did you fucking read the his original post??
    The OP outright suggested Trump should only provide access to Breitbart and Fox, so I'd say yes.
    Access provisioning really has nothing to do with banning anything. Freedom of the press doesn't translate to entitlement of the press.

Hell, the open letter notes that this is a tradition created by FDR - do you believe every prior President was actually infringing on some media right to access? Do you believe every crank, fringe group that demands access should get it?

You know what the biggest issue is... 24 hour news... They should just ban that shit... go back to getting your news in the morning, maybe midday and evening.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

There are a lot of criticisms I have of mainstream media, but that they do not suddenly prostrate themselves before such a despicable person as Trump just because he won the election is not one of them.
    If the corporate media wants to become a wing of the globalist party instead of the 4th estate, then they should be treated accordingly, and the country has voted to kick the globalists out of the white house last I checked.

Furthermore, the 'letter' cited in this post is absurdly coded with certain words that make obvious accusations, once again you have a bunch of white limousine liberals hiding behind claims of 'diversity' as a means of calling anyone who disagrees with them racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Because there's this little thing called freedom of speech. Doesn't matter if the media hates him. The news outlets have the right to that opinion and it is trump's duty as president to allow them to express those opinions. Not allowing the media to cover his presidency up close would be a disgusting and obvious suppression of free speech.
    No it wouldnt.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Conservatives think the media is biased yet want Breitbart to be the main news source of a Trump presidency...run by Breitbart boss Steve Bannon. Brilliant.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown