DKs ruined everything !

Now, now - I don't mean they're a bad class or anything like that, they're great. However when they were launched , they remained OP for way too long, so now developers are scared to do anything remotely similar . DH hasn't topped the charts since it released , yet it's already being nerfed . Hell even in GW2 HoT - they launched Revenants in good shape-ish, but very soon after that they began nerfing them for pretty much a year. So yeah , this is why we can't have nice things - Death Knights !

P.S.
    Don't take this too seriously , it's late and I'm bored

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    if it wasn't meant to be taken serious, why post it in the first place? humour yourself with your thoughts.

also: you launch with X classes. that is widely accepted because the developer just puts it there. you add just one other class a few years later, when everything was balanced around the starting classes, things are always going to be shaken up. it is just a whole other thing to the dynamic of the game. monks and demon hunters have their own interesting things and death knight isn't THAT special anymore.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    if it wasn't meant to be taken serious, why post it in the first place? humour yourself with your thoughts.

also: you launch with X classes. that is widely accepted because the developer just puts it there. you add just one other class a few years later, when everything was balanced around the starting classes, things are always going to be shaken up. it is just a whole other thing to the dynamic of the game. monks and demon hunters have their own interesting things and death knight isn't THAT special anymore.
    You do realise you can have a discussion without being dead serious , right ? And yes, I'm well aware that monks and DHs have their own unique aspects . What I was referring to was not class fantasy , but the devs fear of making new classes strong , because of the DK launch, and the fear having spread past Blizzard

Deleted
    Guess people will always be angry at death knight for the first arena season of woltk shenanigans and also during the first half of s2 where they had that frost relic if i remember correctly
    it seems that for most people this qualifies as being OP for too long so they are not allowed to have nice things ever again

You are kidding right? Revanant was trash in GW2.

le very funny post

-server first level 90 dk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    You do realise you can have a discussion without being dead serious , right ? And yes, I'm well aware that monks and DHs have their own unique aspects . What I was referring to was not class fantasy , but the devs fear of making new classes strong , because of the DK launch, and the fear having spread past Blizzard
    Id argue that for the majority of content at the moment- "Mythic+", Demonhunter is actually the most desired and strongest class.

They have insane AOE, combined with an AOE stun. That alone makes them top tier in Mythic+ content.

Shadowpriest is exactly the opposite, -Great in raids and shit in mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did, but i think it for a different reason.

They were the start of Blizzard throwing out any conception of properly balancing the classes... Blizzard already had trouble balancing the 9 classes they had in the game, and then they added another... and another... and another... And class balance is still fucked up... I would much rather they never added Death Knights, never added Monks, never added Demon Hunters, and just focused on properly balancing the 9 classes they already had (which let's be honest, 28 specs across 9 classes is more than enough variety).
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-11-20 at 06:10 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    DH hasn't topped the charts since it released , yet it's already being nerfed .
    I dunno man, I top those burst aoe damage charts often as havoc...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weikorr View Post
    Id argue that for the majority of content at the moment- "Mythic+", Demonhunter is actually the most desired and strongest class.

They have insane AOE, combined with an AOE stun. That alone makes them top tier in Mythic+ content.

Shadowpriest is exactly the opposite, -Great in raids and shit in mythic+.
    Geared WW is better than DH in every aspect of M+. Their stun is shorter by 15 seconds, on demand (no cost) and they do equal AoE/ST.

People just see very few geared+good WWs, has res, taunt for necrotic, cc.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2016-11-20 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You are kidding right? Revanant was trash in GW2.
    W-what? Rev was great in S1/S2 , I mean I still enjoy it - it's just no where near as strong as it used to be :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I dunno man, I top those burst aoe damage charts often as havoc...
    Yeah me too , but that doesn't count though. I'm talking about raids/bosses. Yes we can top the meters on trash , but you know it's called trash for a reason ? I used to top DPS meters on AOE as ret in WotLK , but that didn't count either .

Though because of the nature of M+ I guess it is worth something now , so ther is that . I'd say WW=DH for M+, but better yet bring both ^^