Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to see what pokemon there are on each road like x/y OR/AS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Magnemite is definitely my star early on too, but it's always been that good, since it became steel.

Speaking of, Diglett is ground/steel now. Weird.

Reviews I've read so far are -very-positive.
    I'm actually considering getting it.
    I must admit, I have had concerns around the whole one is during the day, the other at night, type of deal.

To those that have the game, and are at the end. What's the "lategame" potential in it? Collecting/filling the pokedex.
    Does the story feel long enough?
    I didn't spend a whole lot of time on Omega Ruby. It didn't catch me, despite gen 3 being my favourite.

Seems they've shaken a lot up, enough to invigorate a slightly dulled flame of interest in the pokémon universe?
    Or do I have to recognize I've become an adult that doesn't have the capacity for more pokémon :O?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i got lucky with HP/Def?Sdef but nothing touches my Row/Dart. He's a beast and hits like a truck. He's just so fucking slow.

Honestly? If you get the game before the promo ends, Munchlax is your starter. He's tanky as fuck, nothing really hurts him, only real weakness is metronome cause it's too unpredictable. Give him the silk scarf and let him do work. And if you need money like someone said above, get an amulet coin (plenty of meowth around) and take em to the cleaners.

As far as the low stats on starters, I wonder if they did this to try and make people not rely on them as much this gen. The game isn't any harder than ever, but due to the shit stats on starters I could see it feeling that way. I know I used to pick a starter and beast mode till they were in the 30s/3rd evo then build my team. Theres a few generations you can beat all 8 gyms with a starter if you learn the right moves/item prep right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I must admit, I have had concerns around the whole one is during the day, the other at night, type of deal.
    Thats not quite right. Basically if you buy Sun, day time happens as it should for you in real time, if you buy Moon it's reversed real daylight=night in game. They still flip, just 12 hours difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Magnemite is definitely my star early on too, but it's always been that good, since it became steel.

Guess they are putting focus on the pokemons who get a special form in moon/sun. Steel sounds kinda weird tho, ground/rock sounds much better.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Diglett being Ground/Steel was the ultimate what the fuck moment so far. About to face Olivia, I must have missed Magnemite early but I didn't need one since I taught my Kadabra Charge Beam to beat the water Totem Pokemom. My only other complaints are how Game Freak pretty much made me instantly hate Team Skull with their wigger attitude and that the Pokemon Bank app wasn't updated to allow transferring of Pokemon to Sun and Moon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post

To those that have the game, and are at the end. What's the "lategame" potential in it? Collecting/filling the pokedex.
    Does the story feel long enough?
    I didn't spend a whole lot of time on Omega Ruby. It didn't catch me, despite gen 3 being my favourite.

Seems they've shaken a lot up, enough to invigorate a slightly dulled flame of interest in the pokémon universe?
    Or do I have to recognize I've become an adult that doesn't have the capacity for more pokémon :O?
    Its not one is only day the other is only night its just the time cycles are flipped (moon has night when its day and day when its night IRL) which is great for a night owl like me.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    I want to roleplay a ninja team on this one.
    I already saw Ariados, Scyther, Ninjask, Shedinja and the grass starter.

It's probably going to be horrible on online PvP but i can't play pokemon without role playing something.

2 more whole days of waiting, then 1 more day of being able to play only sparsely. Release alrdy xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I want to roleplay a ninja team on this one.
    I already saw Ariados, Scyther, Ninjask, Shedinja and the grass starter.

It's probably going to be horrible on online PvP but i can't play pokemon without role playing something.
    I've always wanted to try something like this and focus on a type like a gym leader but it always seemed like a horrid idea in practicality that prevented me from doing it. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Diglett being Ground/Steel was the ultimate what the fuck moment so far. About to face Olivia, I must have missed Magnemite early but I didn't need one since I taught my Kadabra Charge Beam to beat the water Totem Pokemom. My only other complaints are how Game Freak pretty much made me instantly hate Team Skull with their wigger attitude and that the Pokemon Bank app wasn't updated to allow transferring of Pokemon to Sun and Moon.
    Yeah, Team Skull might be the dumbest thing in all of Pokemon. I'm hoping to get to literally kill them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Team Skull might be the dumbest thing in all of Pokemon. I'm hoping to get to literally kill them.
    Far more annoying than Jessie and James in the original TV show, that much I am sure of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, fuck calling for help.

I've just spent the past 15 minutes blowing through over 10 eevees to catch ONE of the fuckers.

Yup calling for help needed to be limited to one or two at most.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yup calling for help needed to be limited to one or two at most.
    Agreed. Also makes some of the totem pokemon far more annoying to kill unless you have good AoE. Glad I had a Diglett for the second Totem Pokemon, was able to use Magnitude to 1 shot whatever got called for help after using Disable on my Kadabra to shut down the fire move, kept my Diglett from dying instantly :P

I've fought...4? Totem Pokemon now.

I don't think the Totem Pokemon fights can just keep spawning allies. I think they have a fixed amount. At first it was just one ally, but after the...2nd? one then they had a second one show up. And I'm expecting toward the end, a 3rd one will show up.

Just caught a Cyndaquil using the QR island scan thingy. Neat.

Caught a Gyarados at f***n level 10 ( didn't even know this was possible ) and have been destroying the game ever since.

Thank you wild magicarp who called for help!
    Last edited by rosebull; 2016-11-20 at 10:46 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I've fought...4? Totem Pokemon now.

I don't think the Totem Pokemon fights can just keep spawning allies. I think they have a fixed amount. At first it was just one ally, but after the...2nd? one then they had a second one show up. And I'm expecting toward the end, a 3rd one will show up.
    Nah, the fricking lizard kept calling for and getting the same one multiple times (I kept killing them with Magnitude in one turn while working down the boss and he'd just call another one each turn), I think I killed 5 on my victory fight. I had to do the fight a few times before I won it due to my Diglett being under leveled for the boss initially.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Caught a Gyarados at f***n level 10 ( didn't even know this was possible ) and have been destroying the game ever since.

Thank you wild magikarp who called for help!
    Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    So this post may be vulgar but I was wondering why I can't use swear words in pokemon. I liked to name my main guy GIANT FA***T and I wanted to name the owl/bird pokemon F**KING BIRD. But I couldn't! :C

Instead, I named myself Sunny (name) and my bird pokemon Mister Bird

I hope I can name a pokemon Frank Hernendez or Spider-Man
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2016-11-21 at 01:01 AM.