10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do Muslim countries have a tourism board?

Each country I know of likes to promote their countries, but for the life of me I can't think of one muslim country that could get outsiders to visit. Must be the loneliest sad job you could have living in a sharia law controlled country.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-11-20 at 10:48 PM.

A special waterboard for tourists?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    oh god! didn't they just pass a law saying that if you get child molested you have to marry your molestor?

Of course they do, what a stupid question is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    oh god! didn't they just pass a law saying that if you get child molested you have to marry your molestor?
    The law you mentioned has not passed, it is still debating and that is a very poor translation of the law. Not that I am supporting the possible law, " if you get child molested and happen to marry afterwards, you will be forgiven" would be a better translation. If the molested child refuses to marry, at least a 8 year prison time still applies.

On topic, addition to the link above, there is also 24/7 serving call center (176 inside the country) being supported in several languages to assist the tourists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course they do, what a stupid question is that?
    But wait, this is MMO-C. Everybody knows muslims are uncultured savages, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing this a few weeks ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...destination-i/

http://www.tourism.gov.my/ - Malaysia, where the dominant religion is Islam.
    http://www.indonesia.travel/en - Indonesia, another country where the majority practices Islam.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that all the Mediterranean Muslim countries have, but none of them are popular attractions now. They've all turned shit. Egypt, turkey and Tunisia probably had the best tourism before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Each country I know of likes to promote their countries, but for the life of me I can't think of one muslim country that could get outsiders to visit. Must be the loneliest sad job you could have living in a sharia law controlled country.
    Morocco. Big tourist destination. Morocco was also the first country to recognize the United States, in 1777.

Egypt was also a massive tourist destination until the Arab Spring deflated it somewhat.

Turkey. Istanbul is widely regarded as one of the most gorgeous cities in the world.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure countries on the Persian Gulf are spending on advertizing more than they should. I mean, get your house in order before inviting someone for dinner

Depends which countries. Obviously Iraq and Syria is not getting a lot of tourists, UEA on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    http://www.tourism.gov.my/ - Malaysia, where the dominant religion is Islam.
    http://www.indonesia.travel/en - Indonesia, another country where the majority practices Islam.
    Yeah heaps of Australians visit Indonesia and Malaysia. It's not exactly a rare thing.

But maybe he was thinking of Arab Muslim countries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is just a veiled attempt at nation-bashing or region-bashing, I'm locking this here.