Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

So far, No Holy or Disc have been in a Helya Mythic kill

Looking at the Guilds that currently have killed Helya, all of them either had their holy/disc priests go shadow or log onto their Druids, which each raid has at least 2 of.

The biggest flaws of the holypriest are clearly shown here, his bad mobility, no good heals on the move, renew too weak, no defensive cooldowns to survive anything in phase 3 and the still terrible stationary Divine Hymn.

Looking at the PTR, benediction, our talent that provided somewhat of healing while we are moving, has been nerfed and Desperate Prayer baseline wont change anything. Divine Hymn has to castable while moving and Pom NEEDS to be instant.

I find myself dying at Mythic Guarm to the tramples ticking damage with no other choice but giving myself Guardian Spirit. i dont even want to know what its going to be like at helya, where i am essentially useless in P3.

"The biggest flaws of the holypriest are clearly shown here, his bad mobility, no good heals on the move"

This is also the Shammy's issue.
    I feel your pain.

I'm banking on getting benched for Helya until it's on farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Prayer of mending is a dumb spell to devote so many artifact talents to. I should have known how stupid holy was going to be this expansion. But no, I was too caught up in the excitement of having a holy form.

Disc has a niche in being able to top majority of the raid from very low to full in 2 seconds, that niche is just not needed on helya, outside of that bursty healing, disc has nothing.

Holy has been meh since start of Legion.

Not hard to see why they are not exactly sough after healers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Holy has been meh since start of Legion.
    Hah, if only. It's been "meh" for several expansions now, with brief periods of becoming "average, with no utility" or "why aren't you Discipline?"

Hell, the last time we got serious nerfs was Cataclysm, with both PoH and Holy version of shield spam getting axed in short periods of time. And even when old Sanctuary healed for way more than it should due to a bug (again, Cataclysm), it was still a piece of crap.

It's so tiring, stuff repeating expansion after expansion.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-11-21 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with both specs is down to mobility.

Deleted
    You complain although there are like 5 Priests in the world first... Other Classes did not even attend.

Quote Originally Posted by animus121 View Post
    You complain although there are like 5 Priests in the world first... Other Classes did not even attend.
    Yes because SP matter so f-king much for us healers? It might as well have BEEN a completely other class!

This does not invalidate the point he is making. How does other classes not being in the few world first kills effect his statement on Holy's lack of mobility and lack of utility.
    Last edited by Negato; 2016-11-21 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MendUS View Post
    I'm banking on getting benched for Helya until it's on farm.
    If you're not at helya now, your spec wont be the determining factor of your raids completion of the mythic encounter.

Holy been great on every other fight, boohoo. Disc is not optimal for obvious reasons as they dont have any other decent playstyle (in raids) besides atonement.

Either way, if you're not already progressing on helya. You being a priest wont matter, just farm gear/play better and you'll get a spot regardless of utility.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Holy been great on every other fight, boohoo. Disc is not optimal for obvious reasons as they dont have any other decent playstyle (in raids) besides atonement.
    Where exactly was Holy "great" in this tier? What do they offer that you can't get from other specs? The only thing they have is pure healing throughput, which is "average" at best. It already got buffed once in 7.1, it's getting buffed again in 7.1.5 - you don't do that to specs which are "great".

... Wait, my bad. You mean Paladins. Silly me.

Deleted
    those are shadow priests you clown.

Are there any concrete figures on how many healing Priests were sat/played alt healer vs. how many went Shadow for the uber DPS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Are there any concrete figures on how many healing Priests were sat/played alt healer vs. how many went Shadow for the uber DPS?
    Not concrete figures, but judging from their odyn/guarm kills most of them had a disc on both of these fights. Guess that disc then specced into shadow, and the disc from serenity switched over to restodruid

Quote Originally Posted by Muddysmind View Post
    "The biggest flaws of the holypriest are clearly shown here, his bad mobility, no good heals on the move"

This is also the Shammy's issue.
    I feel your pain.
    Wut? If that's the Shammy's issue, then you guys are close to being a perfect class. I don't see how having a 1min(talented) cd that lets you cast on the move for 15sec and having 2 raid cds that can be used while on the run somehow allows you the audacity to tell the disc/holy community that it's also the "Shammy's issue". If anything, it sickens me that you think that the Holy/Disc mobility is anything closely related to that of a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Either way, if you're not already progressing on helya. You being a priest wont matter, just farm gear/play better and you'll get a spot regardless of utility.
    Yeah, this is why I don't understand peoples' cries about "OMG (spec) WASN'T BROUGHT TO WORLD FIRST!! QQQQQQQ"

are you in the world first race? no? then the specs being brought to world first kills don't matter because you'll have enough gear to overcome it no matter what spec you bring.

World first kills are not a 100% accurate portrayal of class balance. They're bleeding edge progression, of course they're going to min-max as much as they possibly can. People need to stop with this mentality of "if you're not the best spec, you're bad and unviable" because it really only applies to bleeding-edge world first kill progression. Which is less than 0.001% of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, this is why I don't understand peoples' cries about "OMG (spec) WASN'T BROUGHT TO WORLD FIRST!! QQQQQQQ"

are you in the world first race? no? then the specs being brought to world first kills don't matter because you'll have enough gear to overcome it no matter what spec you bring.

World first kills are not a 100% accurate portrayal of class balance. They're bleeding edge progression, of course they're going to min-max as much as they possibly can. People need to stop with this mentality of "if you're not the best spec, you're bad and unviable" because it really only applies to bleeding-edge world first kill progression. Which is less than 0.001% of the playerbase.
    I'd say there's a rank-range where closely emulating what first-week-kill guilds do is beneficial.

Does a guild who kills Helya in the 2nd week really have enough gear to overcome any disadvantages that bringing a Disc/Holy Priest brings? 3rd week? 4th week?

And even with "enough" gear, is it still easier to bring a Druid over a Priest healer?

Deleted
    nvm.
    i cannot see right :P