Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Brietbart spinning story a about open discussion of curbing propaganda being reported as news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Get a life, Breitbart is the right wing equivalent of CNN and the guardian, the leftist propaganda is waay more disruptive than the right wing, these new alt right media sites were created as a response to the insane leftist media and they became popular because people found a relief in them and Merkel is a fucking dictator she wants to censor those who dont agree with her, Obama however being american understands democracy much better and he understood that people have spoken and the people want Trump
    If you think Merkel is a dictator, then you'd really profit from reading some higher quality information.

People love Censorship as long as they get to decide what is censored. Most people are also fools who lack the logic and ability to understand the power they create to control now will eventually be in the hands of their enemies.

“Let me control the media and I will turn any nation into a herd of pigs” – Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels

https://www.rt.com/shows/documentary...lies-goebbels/
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    It's a comedy show, he doesn't focus on fact he focus on entertainment.
    Uhhh, actually... He is focusing on facts. That's the point of his show. He's correcting politicians. Did you even watch it just once? Probably not.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Their is no left wing propaganda, just stuff you hate and call it propaganda.
    What a ridiculous thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    People love Censorship as long as they get to decide what is censored.
    Agreed 100%. "Censor what I specifically don't like" is a terrible guide for what to censor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the right-wingers have turned this into a circle jerk about censorship/progressives/liberals/whatever being bad instead of addressing the refutation of the initial claim that appeared in literally the fifth post in this thread?

Seems par for the course. Ignore the topic at hand and talk about the "well it's about the message..." angle.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You do realize that Obama has a track record of jailing whistle blowers and going after journalists? Do you think that somebody like Obama, who regularly signs off on murdering unidentified 'terror suspects' would have any problem with throwing everyone who disagrees with him in prison, if he had the power to do it?
    Seeing as those are two vastly different things, I doubt it. But it does somehow just make it more hilarious, all that time spend trying to discredit him with lies and slander and now that there actually is something to be concerned about and the people that spend all that time trying to get rid of him, suddenly find themselves lacking outside of the already misguided crowd that they riled up.
    I'd think that people would learn from their mistakes, but that seems a trait most rare.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Your crazy conspiracy theories are funny and all but when you claim that Hillary rigged them, you failed to address why she'd rig them in a way that would cause her to lose. Voter apathy has always been a concern when polls show a landslide victory, and your theories completely fall apart, ALWAYS, because you always make up these conspiracies that lack any sort of motive that makes sense.
    I'm the one floating conspiracy theory? I'm the one still waiting for proof it was Trump supporters refusing to take polls is the reason polls where that far off. I'm the one still waiting for an explanation how then did a couple of polls get it right if Trump supporters refused to take polls. did Trump supporters collectively decided to only answer to those polls?

I'm the one that gave an explanation what those pollsters did to be so far off on their polls, it was because of over sampling of democrats. Proven by two facts
    fact number one. Gallup does a monthly survey of partisan make up of the country. during the election it was plus 4 to plus 5 democrat these polls that were so far off was over sampling democrats between 8 and 12 points
    fact number two. WikiLeaks released an email by Clinton operatives discussing to pollster how to skew the polls by over sampling minorities

why did the pollsters skew the polls who the hell knows but they did and I gave evidence that they did

still waiting for any evidence that the polls where off because Trump supporters refused to take polls. you have none just a conspiracy floated by those pollsters to cover their ass

Who's the one that gave Trump billions or dollars worth of free attention and advertising in the form of running his speeches unedited and completely void of fact checking, because it gave them ratings?

As much as Trumples whine that the main stream media is lying and untrustworthy, they're in large part responsible for getting Trump elected, so you think the Trumples would be more grateful to the main stream media for helping herr fuhrer messiah god-king Trump get elected.
    which was all stories done my the media with Trump as the topic 90% was negative
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-11-21 at 12:14 PM.

If the polls were intentionally skewed... to what end? If they intentionally did skew them, then they'd be working in favor for the "loser" of those votes. It would give the "winners" a false sense of safety making it less likely that they'd go and vote, and given the popularity of either candidate that was perhaps yet another reason for practicing political apathy.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Merkel's choice of wording is... interesting to say the least.

She clearly skipped the class on not sounding like an Orwellian oligarch.
    Her choice of wording?
    So you are well versed in the German language then?
    Or do you mean the wording some translator choose to use?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Here's what caught my eye/

What does she mean by policies "containing" them. The Industrial Revolution part I can see, but the printing press?

Kind of a bad parallel. even if they're all catalysts to massive change.
    It is a translation and likely a bad one, I didn't notice anything out of place when hearing the original speech, maybe I'll look it up later, but I'm confident this is a figure of speech that got translated too literally.

I believe free speech is one of our most important rights. The thought police can get bent.

People will eventually figure out most of us don't want internet trolling in real life, and simply unplug from social media, comment sections, and hopefully narrative-pushing "news" too.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't mind the topic, but... Did you really have to link Breitbart's article?
    All of the news are just as bad now. You just don't like Breitbart because you disagree. There is no neutral news anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Which makes one think that, perhaps, the real story is a bit different from how these sites depict it.

I, for one, given what I know about Obama and Merkel, highly doubt that they have seriously advocated for the government controlling the Internet. Such a suggestion would not be welcome, pretty much, anywhere in the civilized world.
    Merkel was the one telling police to hide refugee rapes and telling Zuckerberg that he better stop people from saying bad things about refugees on Facebook, so no I don't doubt it.

Facebook does kind of promote an echo chamber I suppose, with all it's algorithms that are designed to feed your preexisting desires and beliefs (and never to challenge them).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    All of the news are just as bad now. You just don't like Breitbart because you disagree. There is no neutral news anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Merkel was the one telling police to hide refugee rapes and telling Zuckerberg that he better stop people from saying bad things about refugees on Facebook, so no I don't doubt it.
    Well she personally did not tell the police to hide crimes done by refugees. There was one policeman who said that a high official wanted them to not state the nationality of the suspects or something and some self-censorship. This has gotten better in my opinion, although the nationality is only stated if it is foreign or "looking arabic" etc. They should also mention that if it is a German or "caucasian looking" guy.
    She did not want Zuckerberg to stop people from saying bad things about refugees but to respect the laws in Germany. We have a law against "Volksverhetzung" (hate speech). So if you insult/threaten a specific social group in a very harsh way you could get convicted, usually there is a call for violence present if you get convicted. So things like "I don't want any refugees in Germany" are okay, things like "We should put all x into Auschwitz and use those old gas chambers again" are not okay.

Edit: Like others in this thread already stated, breitbart does not lie in this case. But they distort the truth. Always look at different sources and try to see the original source for yourself if you are able to (like this press conference).
    Last edited by Renyo; 2016-11-21 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think Merkel and Obama were talking about fake news on Facebook.
    This.

Also, Brietbart isn't a news site... it's a propaganda site. And quite the purveyor of fake news itself, as part of its propagandizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    Edit: Like others in this thread already stated, breitbart does not lie in this case. But they distort the truth. Always look at different sources and try to see the original source for yourself if you are able to (like this press conference).
    An intentional mistranslation would be a lie though, such a heap of accidental ones a proof of incompetence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the topic, but... Did you really have to link Breitbart's article?
    Noone else would provide the unadulterated "this is all the Left's fault" bias he so richly deserves.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    Well she personally did not tell the police to hide crimes done by refugees. There was one policeman who said that a high official wanted them to not state the nationality of the suspects or something and some self-censorship. This has gotten better in my opinion, although the nationality is only stated if it is foreign or "looking arabic" etc. They should also mention that if it is a German or "caucasian looking" guy.
    She did not want Zuckerberg to stop people from saying bad things about refugees but to respect the laws in Germany. We have a law against "Volksverhetzung" (hate speech). So if you insult/threaten a specific social group in a very harsh way you could get convicted, usually there is a call for violence present if you get convicted. So things like "I don't want any refugees in Germany" are okay, things like "We should put all x into Auschwitz and use those old gas chambers again" are not okay.

Yes so she encouraged it happen, but didn't go to every police station to say "Hey cop number 1 don't do this"

And no she meant everyone on facebook, not just hate speech laws which oddly in Canada, Germany, and UK it's somehow ok to use hate speech against white people.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Yes so she encouraged it happen, but didn't go to every police station to say "Hey cop number 1 don't do this"

And no she meant everyone on facebook, not just hate speech laws which oddly in Canada, Germany, and UK it's somehow ok to use hate speech against white people.
    It's not okay to use hate speech on white people. There's just no hate speech. Just because the minorities stopped crawling up your ass and calling you master doesn't mean they hate you. Just means they've stopped treating you like a special child. Get over yourself and when they cuss at you, perhaps think about the reason they may have to cuss at you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Uhhh, actually... He is focusing on facts. That's the point of his show. He's correcting politicians. Did you even watch it just once? Probably not.
    No he isn't he's focusing on what ever he thinks he can make a joke about.