Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post

My "BiS" trinkets were 850 and 855. My "dual legendaries" are Unavimor and the Blood belt, so basically 1 that is a very small DPS benefit and 1 that is a stat stick with our worst 2 stats on. Since you can look at Warcraftlogs, maybe you should have looked at

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&source=1

Except for vers, crit was my lowest stat. I came here to quash the idea that you need 30%+ crit to do good damage, not to claim I am somehow much better then other people. It's absolutely false that you somehow "require" insane amounts of crit and haste to do damage and you definitely shouldn't be dropping any more then 5+ ilvls on main pieces of gear to get it.
    Mate this really isn't the forum to debate, I just noted that you were condescending to the other DK players raising a very real concern by stating that it's a player problem if they can't achieve 300k+ DPS if they have 865+ gear
    Last edited by Mollox; 2016-11-22 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollox View Post
    Mate this really isn't the forum to debate, I just noted that you condescending to the other DK players raising a very real concern by stating that it's a player problem if they can't achieve 300k+ DPS if they have 865+ gear
    Mate I'm not trying to be condescending, it's just that every time this kind of thread pops up, people arbitarily focus on people's crit/haste balance instead of looking at their game-play. Sure you can mete out 20k~ more DPS on your ilvl with the right stats but at 876 you should definitely be doing more than 280k. I don't care if I'm better at him, I'm not trying to brag, it's just that my log is the best example I know of sufficient DPS at OP's ilvl without having good stats. There are hundreds of logs floating around of bracer-less DKs doing 330k-350k at that ilvl.

It's almost misleading - people promise him that if he gets 30, 35% crit and whatever magical numbers of haste and he will magically be playing a competitive spec - that's not how it works though, you just play better and even if you have shit stats you do alright DPS. Unholy is obviously bad and anyone without UH bracers should 100% be Frost if they want to max DPS, but the reality of things is that if ANY player is sub of the 320k-ish marker at 870 ilvl they are probably sitting in the lower 50% of skill for their class.

Unholy 50th percentile for 872-874 for Mythic Ursoc (which I admit, is light cleave but is the closest to patchwerk we have in Mythic raids, Nyth + Ursoc HC die too fast) is 323k. If you say he gets an extra 10% damage from cleaving the add at 876 ilvl and he does 280k, he goes up to 308k which is barely above 25th percentile in the 872-874 ilvl bracket. In his own ilvl bracket which is 875-877, 308k is barely 15th percentile.

Can you say thats not a player problem, honestly?
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

The main reason we noted his stats in this thread is that he didn't provide anything else though. So no logs or anything to check how he plays. I however agree with @Saybel about this being player-problem, and not a gear issue though.

But as long as we don't have logs to check up on, we will never really know what he does wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why he needs to provide logs so we can really help him. Just linking your armory is nowhere near enough to help.

You just equip the items that are upgrades, even if they have bad stats. Crit Haste items are not worth dropping 10 ilvl on a piece of gear, the strength outweighs the DPS loss from the bad stats. He might just be wearing his best gear, whether he knows it or not.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Here is a log from a H Ursoc kill for OP. Maybe you guys can help him with his gameplay, I'm busy looking through logs of my own atm :<
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are his most recent logs on Guarm, which is most likely where he felt the most underwhelming.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../12/#boss=1962

Just saying this info is super fast to get, even though it would be nice of the OP to give us his logs directly, finding the logs is really not an issue.
    I'm also inclined to agree in OP's case that not everything is 100% with his playstyle/rotation.
    Although we still need to agree that Unholy is not in a very healthy state right now and is hemorrhaging players at an alarming rate due to damage factors and that it is no longer the superior competitive spec.

The rng of unholy dps can be feast or famine. But you know a class is performing terribly when we can't even be top dps during the opener with a ten minute cooldown. Hell if army was on a 3 Min cooldown I feel we would be in a good place.

Since going from UH to Frost a month ago I've gone up maybe a few ilvls, but gained over 100k DPS on Mythic Ursoc. I can sit here and bluster about it, but I'll let the numbers speak for themselves.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1841&compare=1

It's also nice that you get DPS increase with Frost all the way up to 35, instead of dumping points into total garbage for the last few traits. Can't wait until I get that 5%!

First off, you're trying to do a rotation, but you can't with Unholy. You should be basing around a priority system depending on what buffs and procs you have. A typical run through for me personally goes like this:

Pre-pot
    Gargoyle (W/O Summon Valkyr) + Abomination
    Diseases
    Festering Strike to as close to 8 Festering Wounds without going over, i.e. 7-8 (Never over if you can help it)
    Soul Reaper (Summon Valkyr at 90+ RP if that talent is chosen.)
    Apocalypse

After that it is:

Keep Diseases on the target
    Festering Strike with no Festering Wounds (until 5+, try not to go over 8, i.e. 5-6 wounds is a gamble with another Festering Strike), Scourge Strike if wounds are available (Try to keep at least 5+ FW with bracers)
    Dump RP when over 60+ between Scourge Strikes
    Whenever Soul Reaper is up make sure to have enough FW and runes available to get maximum stacks from the buff.

I can usually end up in 4-5th place with competent players, but the chances of you being 1st or 2nd, which I am guessing is your aim is a pipedream right now unless the other players do really, really badly. Unholy is more of a labor of love right now. Other posters have mentioned the stat priorities so I won't do that.