Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Banwave every week imo. And if it's a legit ban (Not oh crap we banned you by mistake) PERMA BAN THEM. Stop letting them come back. Doing this also gets you more money, if they choose to rebuy the games. Win win.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    I buy a new account. I bot it to the end of times and make millions.Every-single-gold I get is transfered to my main account.Both are registered under the same name and paid by the same credit card number.

I ask: does blizzard take actions against the main account?

Not asking about the grey spaces but the blatant obvious.

If the answer is no the answer to "Why people bot?" is clear as fuck to me.

"Blizzard laying waste to the botting community...for 6 months"

I fixed that for you.

I mean, you don't want to lose those 15 dollars a month permanently would you?

Botters never really bothered me, I mean, maybe when im trying to farm some herbs but with them being shared now I couldn't care any less, cheaper mats for me since they are ridiculously priced this expac anyways. Only ones I could see causing harm are PvP botters.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-11-22 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    has there been a sale on wow licenses on battle.net timed near either of the recent banwaves?
    Blizzard would never do such a thing. It is pure coincidence that they are banning botters and the battlechest is on special offer at just $4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    At some point bot programs will become so advanced, that bot and game itself will be run on two different virtual machines, so game physically won't be able to detect bot program, that will be able to magically modify all data and code literally from nowhere. Can't detect - can't prove - can't ban. At that point Blizzard will most likely release their own bot or just allow players to buy everything for $$$.
    People can bot right now without bans if they bot on macs. I don't see macs getting any banwaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Blizzard would never do such a thing. It is pure coincidence that they are banning botters and the battlechest is on special offer at just $4.99.

rofl I figured they had. 5$ battlechest is enough to get persistent farmers to keep trying in a bit or to stock up on extra licenses now.

maybe they will let players use 2 tokens to get an instant100 - that would really jam up token demand.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    People can bot right now without bans if they bot on macs. I don't see macs getting any banwaves.
    There's prob less Apple players than Mythic raiders.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl I figured they had. 5$ battlechest is enough to get persistent farmers to keep trying in a bit or to stock up on extra licenses now.

maybe they will let players use 2 tokens to get an instant100 - that would really jam up token demand.
    Well, considering the token right now gives ~$15 in value, you'd need 4 tokens to equal a single 100 boost

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I buy a new account. I bot it to the end of times and make millions.Every-single-gold I get is transfered to my main account.Both are registered under the same name and paid by the same credit card number.

I ask: does blizzard take actions against the main account?

Not asking about the grey spaces but the blatant obvious.

If the answer is no the answer to "Why people bot?" is clear as fuck to me.
    If the only account the bot account interacts with is your primary account you'll get tagged and banned as well. They don't care. They exploit their way to max level and farm as much gold as possible until they are banned. They used to compromise accounts and sometimes still do because that was even more cost effective. With authenticators it's a bit harder to do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Good thing JOE has several hours a day besides his job. Joe gets home at 530PM, and Jodie his wife and him plays World Of Warcraft. they raid every tuesday and thursday. On a good day, they both maybe play 1-2 hours. They are casuals. They cannot afford the basic raiding mats such as flask and food. Joe and Jordie gets removed from the raid team. This is because of bans. At the start of EN a flask costed 4k+ food was 190+ and a pot, here cores the expensive part, STARTED at 1600G.

Numbers are comming from TarrenMill/Kazzak EU at launch of EN.
    Reading this retarded shit never gets old. When it comes to ingame currencies, botting does one thing and one thing only: transfer funds from non-botters to botters. No casual non-botter was ever harmed by anti-botting measures.

10+ Year Old Account
    At some point bot programs will become so advanced, that bot and game itself will be run on two different virtual machines, so game physically won't be able to detect bot program, that will be able to magically modify all data and code literally from nowhere. Can't detect - can't prove - can't ban. At that point Blizzard will most likely release their own bot or just allow players to buy everything for $$$.
    actually, token/gold rate (impacting the gold/$ third market rates) is the easiest way to attack botting, combined with banning public bots. the world of privately written/used bots is opaque, however. I hear it exists but the folks who go through that much work aren't gonna talk, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, considering the token right now gives ~$15 in value, you'd need 4 tokens to equal a single 100 boost
    instant100 is 60 bucks? I didn't realize that. Ok, 4 tokens for an instant100!!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about modifying the data stream real time. Well the data stream is encrypted so first they'll need to crack that. If I recall it's not as trivial to do as it was in games like Everquest. They would then compromise the stream, reshape it real time without Blizzard recognizing the change. I'm sure it can be done because routers do traffic shaping right now but that's fairly advanced. You'd probably get a nice tech job instead if you were that good.

They won't be able to modify the code on your own machine from another because at some point it must be in your OS's memory which means it can be detected.

Is a "rotation bot" really a bot that makes the perfect rotation for you, while you in a fight? That's quite amazing and sad at the same time to be honest.
    Amazing because if it is really able to play your class perfectly while you in different Bossfights or something else, that's pretty good programming and not that simple to archive.
    Sad because why the fuck do people even need something like this.

Maybe it is something total different then ignore everything i said, but that's the first time i'm hearing about something like that.

Would hardly call 6 month bans "laying waste".

instant100 is 60 bucks? I didn't realize that. Ok, 4 tokens for an instant100!!
    Each copy of Legion comes with a level 100 boost coupled with the current Battlechest sale and all time high gold cost of token there has never been a better time for a banned player to quickly get on their feet. Of course, as both you and I know, this is pure coincidence and most likely a result of some sort of confusion with the marketing department or.... something.
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-11-22 at 09:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kontafly View Post
    Is a "rotation bot" really a bot that makes the perfect rotation for you, while you in a fight? That's quite amazing and sad at the same time to be honest.
    Amazing because if it is really able to play your class perfectly while you in different Bossfights or something else, that's pretty good programming and not that simple to archive.
    Sad because why the fuck do people even need something like this.

Maybe it is something total different then ignore everything i said, but that's the first time i'm hearing about something like that.
    Honor Buddy was doing this with a custom script based off simcraft. Lots of big name players got hit in the first wave a year or so ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Each copy of Legion comes with a level 100 boost coupled with the current Battlechest sale and all time high gold cost of token there has never been a better time for a banned player to quickly get on their feet. Of course, as both you and I know, this is pure coincidence and most likely a result of some sort of confusion with the marketing department or.... something.
    I would really like to know how many licenses have been banned over the years for exploitation, extreme exploitation, automation, etc. I bet it is far >20% of total basic licenses sold (this would include bans for botting and gold selling).

that is why blizzard moving so aggressively on bot farms now is interesting. They have gone out of their way to try to keep the door sort-of open for years, and the battle chest sales coinciding with banwaves is not in the least bit new. Therefore, the change in banwave frequency suggests they have a new angle operating.

another interesting point is that with the introduction of tokens, the only cash that goes directly from a botter to blizzard is box sale - if anything bots skew the demand model for tokens in-game, if my theory that blizzard has to buy surplus tokens offered for sale to maintain an orderly market is correct (this would not be buying tokens from players for gold per se, but simply market stabilization measures).

Deleted
    seriously how ca nyou bot in wow i n2016 game is so fucking easy, but botters are retarded lets buy a bot and pay for wow and not play it myself i hope these botters get permabanned scum like this doesnt deserve a wow account

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    seriously how ca nyou bot in wow i n2016 game is so fucking easy, but botters are retarded lets buy a bot and pay for wow and not play it myself i hope these botters get permabanned scum like this doesnt deserve a wow account
    Well they won't since they all got a 6 month ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    blizzard disagrees, 6 month ban only. I think that says it all.