Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played around with Ele last night in the PTR and it seems to be pulling decent DPS, much better than live at least. AND we finally have a couple interesting talents. I still think they need to fix survivability (why can't we get instant HS casts like Enhance?) and possibly fix Fire Elemental (lower CD, maybe talent that lets it be permanent?)

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I played around with Ele last night in the PTR and it seems to be pulling decent DPS, much better than live at least. AND we finally have a couple interesting talents. I still think they need to fix survivability (why can't we get instant HS casts like Enhance?) and possibly fix Fire Elemental (lower CD, maybe talent that lets it be permanent?)
    Was messing around on the ptr as well. Christmas came early it feels like.

Feeling like we may actually have 2 viable builds for Ele? Its a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Was messing around on the ptr as well. Christmas came early it feels like.

Feeling like we may actually have 2 viable builds for Ele? Its a dream come true.
    That Icefury build is gonna be so hectic and the go to me since I have the Eye ring. Man...can anyone provide weakaura string to track all those buffs? Mainly for Elemental Focus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    That Icefury build is gonna be so hectic and the go to me since I have the Eye ring. Man...can anyone provide weakaura string to track all those buffs? Mainly for Elemental Focus.
    I'm gonna guess that Chesder will put out a Tellmewhen with it built in... assuming this all stays intact.

Storm Ele down to 30 sec duration, 2.5 min CD? Guessing same for fire.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Storm Ele down to 30 sec duration, 2.5 min CD? Guessing same for fire.
    Perhaps not. The 2.5 CD might be the bait Blizzard want to use to get players to pick the SE talent.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They reverted the Gust of Wind nerf too, fortunately.

Also an incredible buff to Earthquake in the latest changes. Same damage per maelstrom, but over 6 seconds instead of 10. That equates a 66% buff to EQ dps on mobs standing still. In reality it's much more, as the ticks are now much more likely to hit mobs before they move out of it (or die). And tanks cannot see our EQs either. Similarly, it's a huge nerf to Mythic+ CC, as the mini-stuns are off DR and they interrupt casts. Before, we could easily stack 3-4 EQs and basically lock down casters in certain packs (super useful in Court of Stars and Arcway), but now this won't be as easy. Overall, I'm very happy with this change.

The change to Storm Elemental also seems to be a better trade-off in Mythic+ than Primal Elementalist, but I'm waiting for the numbers to be set in stone. There are multiple dungeons where we cannot use the current fire elemental for more than half of the bosses, and dying on one severely hurts our damage for the next attempt. The CD reduce on lava burst is not very useful in Mythic+ (outside of volcanic weeks).

I really gotta get my fucking shaman to 110 asap and start stacking up the AK. Ele shaman being viable? Yes fucking please. But then again blizzard in their almighty wisdom is sure to fuck something up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievr View Post
    They reverted the Gust of Wind nerf too, fortunately.

Similarly, it's a huge nerf to Mythic+ CC, as the mini-stuns are off DR and they interrupt casts. Before, we could easily stack 3-4 EQs and basically lock down casters in certain packs (super useful in Court of Stars and Arcway), but now this won't be as easy. Overall, I'm very happy with this change.
    I thought they made EQ only stun once during its duration, but that stun was guaranteed (and off DR)? This happened in MOP I think? Unless I'm hallucinating.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    I thought they made EQ only stun once during its duration, but that stun was guaranteed (and off DR)? This happened in MOP I think? Unless I'm hallucinating.
    Each individual EQ used to never affect the same target more than once, but it was spread fairly evenly out with the 10s duration. If it is indeed guaranteed to knock down every target at least once, then the change makes it much better at interrupting faster.

I'm leveling an elemental right now and i want to know, if i pick ice fury, it replaces earth shock completely?

Nope, it's a separate spell. Makes it quite cluttered imo, different from usual ele

Yeah I really don't like Icefury because it makes me feel like I have two separate rotations at once, and that's combined with LvB procs happening and Stormkeeper coming off cooldown while I'm trying to figure out where to fit in these four FS casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Ya it is but at least its more interesting than spamming lightning bolt, i might not like ice fury but Lightning rod is a very dull talent.

Nope, it's a separate spell. Makes it quite cluttered imo, different from usual ele
    Sorry i wasn't clear. What i mean is, if a pick ice fury, should i replace ES for FS in the rotation? There will be no scenery where i should use ES anymore?
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-11-23 at 03:43 PM.

FS over ES when you have the Icefury buff up. I still get an ES or 2 off while waiting for it to come off CD.

FS over ES when you have the Icefury buff up. I still get an ES or 2 off while waiting for it to come off CD.
    oh ok thanks =)

Anyone have more predictions on how EQ stun is gonna work? Is it time to spec aftershock talent just to get more EQs out?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Perhaps not. The 2.5 CD might be the bait Blizzard want to use to get players to pick the SE talent.
    This option was more than needed, though.

For certain fights, you just need the option to adjust these rather long CD's, it's a major difference for Elemental whether a fight lasts 4 minutes or 5 minutes.

Previously you could do this via the Fire Elemental Glyph, but since that was gone you were screwed if the Encounter duration didn't exactly line up with your FE CD.