Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's the point of rated PvP now?

Motivation in rated PvP always was related to some exclusive reward, a thing to aspire to. 1800 rating used to give you access to pvp weapon. 2200 gave you shoulders. The struggle was real, and you knew what you were fighting for. You had the gear sellers in front of you, offering motivation. Now, this.
    1600 - 1799 860 Gladiator
    1800 - 1999 865 Gladiator
    2000 - 2199 870 Elite
    2200 - 2399 875 Elite
    2400+ 880 Elite
    You easily get 870 gear from mythics, NM EN, hell even some lucky world quests. and you need 2k-2199 rating for that awful gear. 875 gear, easily obtained pugging HM EN. Ok we all know blizzard kinda parked PvP on a side this beginning of expansion, but cmon really. I'm realising I feel foolish for even attempting to reach let's say 2k rating, when I'll laugh at the rewards, a whole bunch of useless epics. Am I overlooking something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Unless you're in with the cheating scumlords like the ABN, Bailamos, Bayter types and many more I could name there is no point to Rated now. Maybe if you like an endless MMR grind on a broken ladder system, with endless dupes, but even then you'll have to join them at the higher levels to get the gear at some point, while they constantly dodge each other and farm lower ranks for little or no point increase, etc., etc.

Gear was never the reason to do PvP? It has always been a dick measuring contest and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Gear was never the reason to do PvP? It has always been a dick measuring contest and always will be.
    When actual PVP gear was a thing, like pvp power and resilience, it was more of a reason to PVP. Now I don't see the point.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Guess you could say that about raiding too - measuring dicks by who tops the DPS/HPS meters.

To be fair, there's not much point to unrated PvP either.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Unless you're in with the cheating scumlords like the ABN, Bailamos, Bayter types and many more I could name there is no point to Rated now. Maybe if you like an endless MMR grind on a broken ladder system, with endless dupes, but even then you'll have to join them at the higher levels to get the gear at some point, while they constantly dodge each other and farm lower ranks for little or no point increase, etc., etc.
    this only applies to very high end RBGs, i have been facing 2.4k-2.5kcr RBGs and teams plaid clean even if they were losing, on US servers, since you mentioned US players. No idea how things are @ EU with lovely Russians

so poeple dont pvp for fun....?

i dont know i realy enjoy pvp this addon even more now that you dont have to farm stupid stuff like resilience .

maybe pvp "transmog" gear would be nice but actualy i coulnd care less , since i pvp for fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    this only applies to very high end RBGs, i have been facing 2.4k-2.5kcr RBGs and teams plaid clean even if they were losing, on US servers, since you mentioned US players. No idea how things are @ EU with lovely Russians
    Yea GL getting past those Russkie haxxorz on EU. But even US it's harder to tell the hackers these days. The bots have gotten better at kicks, rotations, and lag spiking though obv stuff like fly hacks is easy to spot.

Yea GL getting past those Russkie haxxorz on EU. But even US it's harder to tell the hackers these days. The bots have gotten better at kicks, rotations, and lag spiking though obv stuff like fly hacks is easy to spot.
    dont get me wrong, i know ppl cheat, and always will cheat at high MMR (abni etc), but for ppl who want get 870 ilvl gear or 875 from pvp, they should face very little if any big hacks like flying, and thats RBGs. In arena it is pretty clean atm, compared to WoD S2 when above 2.1k cr so many DK/Enh has an auto kick bot.

Deleted
    Ever considered playing this game for fun?

Rated arena is there to get matchups against opponents of similar skill level to you, which should make the games more engaging and more fun. If this doesn't work out for you (= isn't more fun than unrated), just do skirmishes.

PvP is not really gear-gated anymore, so if you love to PvP you don't have to care about the gear grind anyway. If you like the carrot-on-a-stick principle that gates game content behind gear, go do PvE.

If PvP is fun to you, you will play it without gear rewards, if it isn't, you are not forced to do it and can do PvE instead.

Deleted
    One of the sole purposes why I play this game is to kill other players. Either in arenas, battlegrounds or grieving people over and over again during world quests. It's the only thing which keeps me playing.

I also love acquiring PVP titles. You get them by dominating over other players. Currently working on Khan with one battleground remaining. I used to be better in arenas with ~2.5k ratings in WotLK, but I stopped taking this game too serious now.

Deleted
    There's some russian kickbotters and stuff but it isn't too bad in EU, high RBGs are fun.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post

i dont know i realy enjoy pvp this addon even more now that you dont have to farm stupid stuff like resilience .

maybe pvp "transmog" gear would be nice but actualy i coulnd care less , since i pvp for fun
    Depends what you are playing.. if your dh rogue, hunter or monk you will have a gret time
    Joking aside.. some classes feel horrible in pvp cus they need more haste to feel awesome such a re/ele/shadow.

The scaling is what it should help.. but in reality some peform better just straight out better, pvp in legion = one shot or go home.. which is not great experience. even more so then mop.

Deleted
    Don't you basically get the recolored mythic raid gear with higher ilvls at higher ratings?
    Or rather rolls at it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Depends what you are playing.. if your dh rogue, hunter or monk you will have a gret time
    Joking aside.. some classes feel horrible in pvp cus they need more haste to feel awesome such a re/ele/shadow.

The scaling is what it should help.. but in reality some peform better just straight out better, pvp in legion = one shot or go home.. which is not great experience. even more so then mop.
    All of the specs you mentioned are pretty good right now

Always thought people did rated PvP for fun and to improve? That's kind of the point of every competitive game. If you look at any other type of competitive game (CSGO, DotA, League, Starcraft, etc.) you get nothing for ranking up other than the feeling of accomplishment of improving. WoW is now basically the same way, and there's really nothing wrong with that.

I don't even really understand the argument. You want to do rated PvP only to get a full set of PvP gear, but then you're no longer getting PvP gear so do you just stop doing PvP? You waste weeks/months of your life getting full PvP gear only to then stop doing the only activity PvP gear is used for?

Once you were fully PvP geared in previous expansions you did rated PvP to improve and compete, now you do that from the start because PvP gear is irrelevant. I don't really see how that's a bad thing.

Deleted
    the only reason arenas were popular in BC was because epic gear was much easier to get than raid gear. Many people pvp just for easy gear (because the game is designed to make you feel like gear is the ultimate reward and the only goal of the game). So yeah for the WOW community no gear= no point in playing the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point of PVP has and always will be to get better at PVP.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post

try pvping as a warlock or warrior and then come back and say its fun