Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

FROST DK must get 2h artift appearance

I'm not playing dk and don't see myself doing it in the nearest future but I hear and see dk being unhappy with the treatment they received. Why is there no 2h appearance? Blizzard should cater to their playerbase and restore Frostmourne as a skin, at least to some degree of visual similarity. It would hurt gameplay in no way, the same mechanic, speed as for 1h, what is the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    I'm not playing dk and don't see myself doing it in the nearest future but I hear and see dk being unhappy with the treatment they received. Why is there no 2h appearance? Blizzard should cater to their playerbase and restore Frostmourne as a skin, at least to some degree of visual similarity. It would hurt gameplay in no way, the same mechanic, speed as for 1h, what is the big deal.
    It won't and there aren't many people as us who think DK's should be 2h. And even if there were it's pointless to ask for it...

We were asking for Blood Dps to return for years, but no go. It's funny they said they made frost dw only to balance better and screwed it up spectacularly and now we don't even have a visual choice. Not even an option for transmog, which technically is possible. I hate seeing DK's with those 1handers, I know many people love it, but at least we had a choice back then for us who had a different vision of "Class fantasy".
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

As frost/blood DK from MoP, i can say that frost was "like always" competitive in dual wield Dps, so noone really see a 2h Frost from ages, and i like blizzard realize it and make Frost the Dual Wield Only spec. If people want a 2h Frost, blizzard imo have to make Unholy dual wield, i like dual wield Plate classes.
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2016-11-23 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Blood should be DH.

Frost and UH should be 2H.

Now that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart87 View Post
    As frost/blood DK from MoP, i can say that frost was "like always" competitive in dual wield Dps, so noone really see a 2h Frost from ages, and i like blizzard realize it and make Frost the Dual Wield Only spec. If people want a 2h Frost, blizzard imo have to make Unholy dual wield, i like dual wield Plate classes.
    The thing is we had a CHOICE, which we don't have anymore, I raided as 2h frost ever since blood dps was removed, only once before Legion I used DW frost and it was because I got 2 souldrinkers on Deathwing, but switched to Gurthalak soon after I got it. Yeah I wasn't in top guilds of groups, but that doesn't matter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted
    I'm talking about appearance. It has nothing to do with gameplay stats or such bullshit. Just good classy 2h artifact

Deleted
    Why is there no 2h appearance?
    Because bliztards can't even handle xmog between daggers and other 1h weapons. This would make all their pretty little heads explode.
    Blizzard should cater to their playerbase
    Last time they really did it was back in WotLK and resulting 12M subs were clearly a problem to be solved. And it got solved, with Cata.
    and restore Frostmourne as a skin, at least to some degree of visual similarity. It would hurt gameplay in no way,
    It would, however, grievously hurt the butts of bliztards and their fanbois.
    In short: ain't gonna happen, not in a game from this maker for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Blood should be DH.

Frost and UH should be 2H.

Now that would be cool.
    Cool? DW frost tanking was cool. Bliz can't even handle a single option spec these days (see Frost dps for illustrations) so this is imposhibru.

Deleted
    I kinda agree, I may draw my fantasy of the class from Arthas because I started playing Warcraft 3 before the otehrs. But I see the DK as a 2h class with large rune weapons. That said I did enjoy DW unholy back in wrath it was rather fun.
    But I think adding a 2h skin with the current system would seem wierd and maybe draw on alot of resources to animate the attacks of that speed with a 2h.

Deleted
    Thats mainly because you have 2 weapon ench (unholy str & razo) if you're dw'ing and frost strike scaled better.

Well, technically Frostmourne is a one-hander, it just looked big because Arthas was a large in-game model.

I'd settle for an option to sheath 1-handed weapons on the back vice the hips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Well, technically Frostmourne is a one-hander, it just looked big because Arthas was a large in-game model.
    more of a 1.5h. Arthas used it as 1 handed and 2 handed.

No, they shouldn't. First, how would you make fast attacks with dual-wield look on a 2hander. Second, all of the abilities like Obliterate and Frost Strike deal main hand+ offhand damage. Frost crybabies are the worst community in Legion so far, crying for basically everything. Don't enjoy dual-wielding? Don't play Frost. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    No, they shouldn't. First, how would you make fast attacks with dual-wield look on a 2hander. Second, all of the abilities like Obliterate and Frost Strike deal main hand+ offhand damage. Frost crybabies are the worst community in Legion so far, crying for basically everything. Don't enjoy dual-wielding? Don't play Frost. Simple as that.
    ? what is the problem to make fast attacks with 2h? what is the problem to cut out one smudge from animation? damage would remain the same, it is appearance after all. I would say that these are passionate people who often grew up with Arthas and then Lich King. Frost runeblade is an iconic 2h. Also, salt is really bad for your health.

? what is the problem to make fast attacks with 2h? what is the problem to cut out one smudge from animation? damage would remain the same, it is appearance after all. I would say that these are passionate people who often grew up with Arthas and then Lich King. Frost runeblade is an iconic 2h. Also, salt is really bad for your health.
    Then you go over to Unholy, simple as that. Apocalypse looks like a decent Runeblade. If it's possible to make dw use 2h animations, then I want to DW on my Survival Hunter, but it's not possible at all. Blizzard have even trouble making daggers transmoggable with other 1handers, aswell as fist weapons. And this is far harder than the others. Call me salty if you want, but grow up and live in reality.

On a side note, Arthas is more of an Unholy Death Knight, as he raises undead(Necromancy), spreads diseases(Unholy Magic) etc. I've never seen him use Frost Strike, Obliterate or Howling Blast(Frost Magic). Frost's current fantasy is nothing close to Arthas, more like Thassarian.
    Last edited by Boneflayer; 2016-11-23 at 04:43 PM.

Mages are united making big and organized posts about how they don't deserve a nerf and about how mages should always be top 3 no matter what.

And we are here, asking for a useless thing that will never come because some people enjoyed questing and doing LFR as 2H, since it was never a real option for even casual raiding. Yeah... this class is doomed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    Then you go over to Unholy, simple as that. Apocalypse looks like a decent Runeblade. If it's possible to make dw use 2h animations, then I want to DW on my Survival Hunter, but it's not possible at all. Blizzard have even trouble making daggers transmoggable with other 1handers, aswell as fist weapons. And this is far harder than the others. Call me salty if you want, but grow up and live in reality.

On a side note, Arthas is more of an Unholy Death Knight, as he raises undead(Necromancy), spreads diseases(Unholy Magic) etc. I've never seen him use Frost Strike, Obliterate or Howling Blast(Frost Magic). Frost's current fantasy is nothing close to Arthas, more like Thassarian.
    except for the whole gimmick that is FROSTmourne and his main power coming from. Ye, he doe snot have animations but lorewise he pretty much uses frost non stop; air get cold in his presence, not to mention that remorseless winter and other icy things.

Why would a dk want to go unholy when she wants for an example frost and feel like Arthas, because that is the whole fantasy and gimmick of it

I would say that these are passionate people who often grew up with Arthas and then Lich King. Frost runeblade is an iconic 2h. Also, salt is really bad for your health.
    Your implied argument that somehow being a DK fan from WCII/III automatically puts you in the 2hand frost camp is incorrect. I've been playing WC since the very first game when I was 6 and I don't believe that 2h frost should exist.

Quote Originally Posted by celeris View Post
    Thats mainly because you have 2 weapon ench (unholy str & razo) if you're dw'ing and frost strike scaled better.
    and GCD locking and ToT being mathematically stronger the vast majority of the time and mastery being the only stat frost scaled with and the (first) oblit gutting in cata.
    The list goes on, 2h Frost only existed post wrath to whet down the salt it was never intended to be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Frostmourne is a 2 handed weapon you can tell because of the size and the length of the haft and the blade, Arthas using it predominately with one hand I imagine was an engine/rigging limitation in wc3 in the last mission of the human campaign of RoC Arthas wields it with two hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Your implied argument that somehow being a DK fan from WCII/III automatically puts you in the 2hand frost camp is incorrect. I've been playing WC since the very first game when I was 6 and I don't believe that 2h frost should exist.

and GCD locking and ToT being mathematically stronger the vast majority of the time and mastery being the only stat frost scaled with and the (first) oblit gutting in cata.
    The list goes on, 2h Frost only existed post wrath to whet down the salt it was never intended to be viable.

Frostmourne is a 2 handed weapon you can tell because of the size and the length of the haft and the blade, Arthas using it predominately with one hand I imagine was an engine/rigging limitation in wc3 in the last mission of the human campaign of RoC Arthas wields it with two hands.
    I have clearly said Arthas, WoW is Arthas generation aka W3. Also, don't try to go discussion class on me, it looks silly. 2h Frost is the most iconic thing, probably the only weapon that people can picture when thinking about W universe

remember 1 fu**ing thing. YOU CAN'T GIVE NPC A SPEC! THEY ARE NPC! More importantly if they are big lore figure! Rexxar BM, but melee, Thrall shaman who trow lightning everywhere and wear PLATE. Arthas uses both powers. Only thing wich you not see him using (well at least i don't remember) is Blood. So don't start this Arthas-unholy vs Arthas-frost thing again.
    And yeah - stop calling that making tmg from DW to 2H is easy till you work in blizzard and know the code for this service.