Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drain the swamp!

By putting more money in the system and hiring the same old geezers that have been there for decades.

Nothing we can't fix in 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Nothing we can't fix in 4 years.
    The concern is more the damage she could possibly do to the careers (edit: and pay rates) of current public schooling teachers if allowed to push any of her ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The concern is more the damage she could possibly do to the careers of current public schooling teachers if allowed to push any of her ideas.
    If I were a public school teacher I would fucking be quitting right now. This lady is SEVERELY anti public education.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So does she have any actual qualifications?
    You mean like community organizing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Well .. All I can say is that the education system in the US is basically in the shitter and you can only go up from here.
    It must smart that we are so dumb yet we win at everything always. (pun intended)

I've attended a charter school and it was fine for the most part. The only real problem was that they didn't have enough instructors and some of the ones they had were rather ill-equipped for the teaching environment.
    Charter schools, in the US for sure, are complete scams. Give me like 2 minutes to find a good podcast episode all about charter schools.

Edit: Here ya go

http://www.congressionaldish.com/cd1...-succeeds-act/
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2016-11-23 at 08:56 PM.

Now I can learn gud.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Part of the reason it is in the "shitter" is because Bills like "No Child Left Behind" and Every Student Succeeds". The US does not try to raise the student's grades. Instead the standards are lowered so that ALL students can pass. Over the years, these standards keeps getting lower and lower and lower.
    Participation Trophy culture applied to education? Color me shocked!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It must smart that we are so dumb yet we win at everything always. (pun intended)
    We win because we have the best higher education in the world, producing most of the best engineers and scientists. A large fraction are foreigners. Because when you're looking for the best students, you don't always limit yourself to the U.S.

And for good reason: that quality does not trickle down. Public schooling is pretty terrible in the U.S.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I mean, in terms of standards, it was roughly the same as the private school I attended for high school. In both cases, they were far more demanding than what public schools offered and also were less determined to hold me back at the level of my so-called peers.
    Not sure if you will see my edit to the quoted text you got of me above.. but here is the podcast episode I was referring to.

http://www.congressionaldish.com/cd1...-succeeds-act/

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    We win because we have the best higher education in the world, producing most of the best engineers and scientists. A large fraction are foreigners. Because when you're looking for the best students, you don't always limit yourself to the U.S.

And for good reason: that quality does not trickle down. Public schooling is pretty terrible in the U.S.
    That can't be right. I see lists all the time that say the US is last in everything and the EU is first in everything. Surely you are not suggesting there is something funny going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't care, Genn.
    The only defense left to the thoroughly predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at important things like hockey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

How the rich get richer:
    Step 1: Donate millions of dollars to politicians
    Step 2: Get a job overseeing your businesses entire industry as a reward for your donations
    Step 3: Set rules so your businesses will benefit
    Step 4: Profit
    Step 5: Laugh at Trump voters who wanted to get rid of pay-for-play and #draintheswamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    As a Liberal who has lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan, let me tell you this is a good pick. The DeVos family is extremely philanthropic and caring and do a lot of good for the less fortunate. They are what every rich person should aspire to be. These aren't your standard Republican rich white people. The DeVos' Childrens Hospital that is has become a pinnacle in its field(just their name because of donations, its a part of Spectrum Health), is largely due to Betsy and the work she has done surrounding it philanthropically. Many of the patients families don't pay a dime for the care they get. If your kid gets seriously ill in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, or Michigan, it's going to be the top choice of your list.
    I'm willing to give her a chance. But I really don't like it when people with few qualifications are selected for demanding positions (see: Trump, and most of his cabinet picks so far). Being a good person does not make you a good secretary of education. You can be a piece of shit human in terms of sociability and kindness, and still do a damn good job.

But, I will give her a chance, as I will give Trump and the rest of his cabinet a chance before I judge them for things that have not yet come to pass. I would hope that everyone would do the same. If it's a disaster, just wait and you'll have the evidence to back your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The only defense left to the thoroughly predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

Not at important things like hockey.
    Oh yeah, hockey. I forgot it was a thing. Do you guys still do that up there? Is there a pro league for it? Which American team won it last year? I just assume we won, because we are the best at literally everything, except losing.

That can't be right. I see lists all the time that say the US is last in everything and the EU is first in everything. Surely you are not suggesting there is something funny going on?
    I'm saying we suck at basically everything but cutting edge science and technology, which as a whole we're the best at. Actually, in some areas Europe has us beat: Europe gets the credit for being the first to experimentally detect the Higgs. At least we still claimed the glory of detecting gravity waves, thank God.

As a whole, we've got the best science and tech. But in other areas? Yeah, we basically suck. We don't have the best quality of life. We don't have the best access to healthcare. We don't have the best public education. We've got the best universities, and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, hockey. I forgot it was a thing. Do you guys still do that up there?
    Do we do anything else?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Do we do anything else?
    Bang lumberjacks and eat syrup?