Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So there's a way on a diesel truck to bypass the exhaust recycler. It increases your mileage and some would say makes your engine run better but it's also against the rules of the EPA/DOT in the United States.

If you are caught driving a rig that you've bypassed your exhaust recycler you will get a ticket. You chose to do something for personal gain that was against the law. It's not the truck manufacturers fault, it's yours for doing the bypass.

So please, tell me more how this was Blizz not following through with their QA as opposed to people finding a way around a mechanic that they knew was a bug then using that bug to clear the content.

Just because someone leaves $5 on their desk doesn't mean it's their fault if I take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Just because someone leaves $5 on their desk doesn't mean it's their fault if I take it.
    I guarantee there are people here(both in my state and on these forums) who actually use that sort of bullshit justification for doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    When you find an exploit, you should not use it and immediately report it to Blizzard.
    You do realise that this is standard practice right? Blizzard have turned a blind eye to the creative use of boss mechanics pretty much since Lich King. Most of the WoD race relied on it.

I am not saying that these guilds did nothing wrong but maybe if Blizzard didn't want this to happen they could have put out a statement prior that starting with ToV they will actually be taking action against guilds that do it.

Heres a video of how Blizzard used to deal with something they disagreed with. Not an exploit, but the point is still the same; they interfered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's against the Terms of Service to sell any service or item in game for real money.
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Yes it is
    Blizzard's terms are not laws, and Blizzard has no legal recourse against individuals who do it outside of civil tort, and even that's a joke (this person sold his services and time to this other person by means of performing some action in the game, in what way does this harm Blizzard?)

Ultimately Blizzard rarely does anything about it. They allow and even offer support when in-game gold is involved, but I've never even heard of people getting bans after scamming when real money is involved. I doubt they care except in extreme cases like doing it on a popular stream.

Someone from blizzard was probably watching the world first race non stop, saw method get the legit kill and thought "thank fuck, I haven't slept for 48 hours" and fell unconscious.

Then woke up with 3 guilds exploiting the boss for a kill and went into damage control mode.

Also bans are a pretty effective way of communicating "remember when we told you not to cheat? Yeah we meant it"

Deleted
    did any of you read the statements from the guilds? there's a list of a lot of exploits in previous raids which did not result in bans, if you even attempt to see it from their point of view you can see there's a problem with blizzard's consistency on dealing with exploits.
    Blizzard seemed fine with killing a tank on every source of chaos on archimonde, and that was what these guilds were going to do on helya. But because of the bug they had a choice to either afk till next reset cos they didnt have the dps requirement for p3, or carry on even tho it involved the bug (if you actually read the posts and think about it they would have easily killed the boss without the bug and just saccing tanks every breath).

You say, well they obvs shouldnt carry on its an exploit.
    Great, so what if this happened to be one of the exploits blizzard ignored like in previous raids? Other guilds kill the boss before you using the exploit, and you're sitting there now thinking 'we should have carried on, blizz havent banned anyone'.
    Exorcus, limit, from scratch etc were literally in a no win situation which would have been solved by one simple tweet stating awareness of the bug and that bans WOULD be enforced if it was exploited.

Lets not forget the Triforce on Ragnaros was technically an exploit. Blizzard didnt think it was possible and assumed people would take turns running in and out of the frost patch. Legit fucking serious. Was hilarious when firelands ended and they said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    How can you say theres no need? Major guilds got banned as a result of blizzard not communicating - clearly there was a need to avoid this happening.

I'm not saying the guilds were correct for continuing with the strategy, just that Blizzard handled the situation very badly. The idea behind the tactic was great (Same as Archimonde), but continuing with it after seeing how it broke the fight, I obviously don't agree with.
    Major guilds got banned because they cheated. Just like criminals go to jail for stealing cars. The owner of the car doesn't have to communicate with them "Well, I left it running, with the doors unlocked, so hey - my bad".

It's not Blizzard's job to come running every time somebody sends them a message. Stop blaming them for other peoples' failure.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Isnt it funny how Exorsus just admits they sell Boost for Real Money which is illegal so if Blizzard has any Balls they give them 6months+ Ban
    In the reddit post, they did not admit that. "every top guild is selling boosts for real life money" is a general statement and particularly when posted on a third party website where Blizzard is unable to authenticate that it is the GM or an Officer from Exorsus, then there's little they can do.

Players got banned for doing something that they've been doing for years without getting punished. This is as much blizzard fudging up as it is their own fault for doing something banable.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

It's fucking amazing how Blizzard is currently handling exploits and bots.
    It's fucking amazing how Blizzard is currently handling reported bugs. /fixed

When you find an exploit, you should not use it and immediately report it to Blizzard.
    They did, during heroic week. Also reported Odyn, during heroic week.

Not fixed.

The sad reality is that this game is too complex and the engine too old to handle hardcore playing. There will always be some flaws but in the last years there have been more and more.

QA is shit. They don't need 2 years alpha/beta to fix bugs, they need it because they're overhauling the whole class/spec every xpac and they're really bad at that. If they stopped their overhaul bullshit and focused on fixing and actual testing, that would be a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Anon56; 2016-11-24 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Players got banned for doing something that they've been doing for years without getting punished. This is as much blizzard fudging up as it is their own fault for doing something banable.
    What? People have always gotten banned for exploiting. While yes, MAYBE Blizzard could've fixed it faster, they didn't. That doesn't count as an excuse in any way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    It's fucking amazing how Blizzard is currently handling reported bugs. /fixed
    Yeah, they ban those who exploit them before fixing them.
    Seems good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    Blizzard seemed fine with killing a tank on every source of chaos on archimonde, and that was what these guilds were going to do on helya.
    It is slightly different. Source of Chaos will kill your tank unless the raid soaks the beam and kills the Source. Fair enough, some guilds just let the tank die and get a rez to save some DPS.

The method of dying on Helya though prevents the breath from being cast at all. No damage goes out, no adds spawn, no patches of goo fill the room. Clearly not a way that's intended, although I still think it could be filed under clever use of game mechanics, and it's easily within Blizz's ability to change how the cast works if they don't like guilds doing it that way.

Yeah, they ban those who exploit them before fixing them.
    Seems good to me.
    Your salt is showing.

Bug was reported 1 week before, same for Odyn. Wasn't fixed nor acknowledged for Mythic opening.

It's Blizzard job to fix this kind of shit before they can be exploited. They had an entire week to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What? People have always gotten banned for exploiting. While yes, MAYBE Blizzard could've fixed it faster, they didn't. That doesn't count as an excuse in any way
    This is the first time in several years that Blizzard has banned people for exploiting a boss. Last time they banned people was back in T14. I can tell you with a 100% certainty that a ton of top guilds between now and T14 have used bigger exploits than the ones that caused bans this time, and the ones in T14. For instance, skipping all of Phase2 (the hardest phase) of Amber-Shaper Un'Sok.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Your salt is showing.
    If anyone's salty, it certainly isn't me
    The bug was reported one day after Mythic opened (Limit tweet is from the 17th), not 1 week before

If the exploit or bug existed in the PTR and was reported to Blizzard and wasn't fixed, the people who used this method are completely in the clear as far as I am concerned. If it was something discovered on live and was abused, then bans deserve to go out. It's completely blizzards fault for not fixing the problem when it was reported, but this isn't the first or last time blizzard doesn't read bug reports.

Your salt is showing.

Bug was reported 1 week before, same for Odyn. Wasn't fixed nor acknowledged for Mythic opening.

It's Blizzard job to fix this kind of shit before they can be exploited. They had an entire week to do so.
    Nor acknowledged? What does that even mean?

And it being fixed or not doesn't give carte blanche to abuse it. If you want to complain about their dev team being awful about taking so long to fix the problem that's fine, there's clearly an argument there.

Means jack shit in defending people cheating, though.