Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I like mobility too. But blizz ruined MM's mobility in legion and BM is crap.
    This.

/10c

I'm done with hunter. Going back to my warrior.

Way too dulled out, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Really enjoying SV, was very bored by BM. I do love having two pets, particularly 2 manasabers as they look awesome.

MM was a mixed bag, I wasn't bored by the playstyle but it definitely doesn't feel like I'm a precise sniper when I'm shooting a massive cone of flaming snakes.

Deleted
    BM was always boring but they took out the slight element of customization that you could have: pet talents and pet special abilities (now we just have 2-3 exotic abilities).

Also Hati not being a real pet and not having anything special to offer other than visual presence is very very lazy from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choochill View Post
    I don't see much on these forums anymore about how people actually ENJOY playing their Hunters. Personally, I've been playing a Hunter on-and-off since early Vanilla BETA! I love the class, and anytime any big changes come around I just take my time and learn them, and play what spec I enjoy the most as best as I possibly can. Sure I have been top DPS, and I've been hilariously low DPS (Terrace of Endless Spring, I did 10k one time - I was being carried by my guild, but it still happened).

Anyway, I was just curious about the lighter side of Huntering for you. What do you like? Why do you stick with it over a class the vocal minority screams is Blizzards favorite (like Mage?)?
    Against my own instincts, I've actually grown to enjoy the current iteration of BM - don't get me wrong, its still a piss-poor shadow of what it was in Mists. I enjoy it most on huge pulls where there's tons of cleaving and electrical damage - as many have noted here and elsewhere, its great in Mythic+ dungeons.

Sadly the busted-af pet pathing/AI isn't doing it any favors. I see my pets get stuck literally every day, and Hati's slow to the point of feeling like a joke is being played on us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Survival is AWESOME, really enjoying it.

BM is boring as hell and I didn't try MM since Survival is AWESOME.
    I greatly enjoy Survival as well.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival Melee for life!

Only reason to play a hunter (for me) is survival melee.

Deleted
    Why should I care which class is bliztards' favourite?
    As long as I don't stay far behind on meters I just play what I like and on my hunters the last time I was behind was back in WotLK when I was an absolute scrub of a newb.
    No amount of favouritism will make me abandon my huntardess and her loyal friend, God's scourge upon the wicked, DeathDealer the Silkworm.

Not really. I rolled BM because the downtime between abilities allowed me to focus on learning encounters and mechanics while staying mobile. Now that i've done EN, Kara and quite a bit of M+, i'm finding myself bored and looking for other classes to level. I've never been a fan of MM or BM really, I always went with old Survival. Boy do I miss those days.

Hunter has always been my favorite alt class. What they could do during TBC in blue gear compared to my t6 Rogue was just awesome. I'm maining a Hunter since WoD. For solo content I still like BM though in group content the pet management is quite annoying. For raiding, I really enjoy the easy-mode PoV and movement requirements that ranged dps have over melee.

As of now I'm a little worried about Blizz losing its touch. MM might get butchered and BM hardly has the tools to become awesome anytime soon. Survival died for me shortly after the spear was revealed. I could've lived with a tank spec for faster queues.

I've been a hunter for 6 years. At the moment, I do not particularly enjoy my hunter.

Almost everything that I loved about being a Hunter was removed, so now I'm an Enhancement Shaman. Deeply wish that I could enjoy Hunter but pretty much every spec of the class is worse than any patch post-BC. Gameplay is abysmal across the board with no options to make it fun.

MM is mired in boring damage window nonsense that is starting to grow like a cancer in the game. Survival has no real coherence and only really has one strong mechanic in Mongoose Fury that has very little to do with the rest of the spec. BM is somehow worse than it's BC version when we used only one button, but pets had way more going for them than being meaningless DoTs that you just transmog to match something. OH! One of the reasons for this is because we actually had Aspects back then.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2016-11-23 at 07:14 PM.

My hunter feels boring & disconnected in Legion to me. The return of traps will help, but it's still not going to fix the boring aspect to me. I don't want to play melee so SV is out. I don't like Lone Wolf on the class I initially chose because it was a pet class so that leaves out MM. That leaves BM as the only option I'all consider any longer and despite my best efforts I still hate the rotation since 7.0 hit. It's boring to me.

So no I don't enjoy my hunter any longer. I maintain it at a level that would require minimal catch-up, but I'm raiding on my healer alts at this point. My hunter survived every iteration Blizz has made for the past 10 years, but Legion hunter is just too far from how the class always felt. Maybe it's me getting older, I don't know. But, I just can't seem to adapt this time.

I really really love SV hunter. I don't know, everything just feels like it flows really well. And we got grenades!

Survival is fun as heck. BM is ZZZ.. MM seems lame. Just boosted but Im loving the class

I resorted to playing SV in most farming content atm (we do only heroic raids, we don't have the roster to do Mythic raids nor do we intend to do Mythic).
    Reasoning behind it is that being the bottom of the barrel DPS I can also be bottom of the pile while having some fun... and SV is for me the hunter spec with the most fun at the moment.

I switch to MM @ the 2/10 meter padding cheese fights so i can have a little self esteem.
    I had a Mage main in Vanilla and Resto shaman in TBC, Hunter main since the beginning of WotLK all the way to present time, can't remember being so fed up with my hunter in raids all those years... (solo/5man play and the expansion in general is great tbh).

Absolutely hating my hunter right now. MM plays horribly, feels so awkward, too much downtime. Single target dps is subpar and the only fights we excel at in current content are Il'gynoth and Helya. Pretty much every other fight BM is better, or the same. I dont want to be an AoE class, I play for ST damage.

For the first time in 9 years, I've contemplated main swapping, but its very hard for me. I'm attached to my hunter, and I can't just change classes every expansion like some people can. I hope 7.1.5 brings some positive changes, but so far, it's not looking promising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Intwine View Post
    Hunter main since the beginning of WotLK all the way to present time, can't remember being so fed up with my hunter in raids all those years..
    Same for me, the only difference is that I 100% refuse to play melee. I don't play for "fun" as bad as that sounds, I play to be competitive dps in raiding, and right now, other classes with the same item level are doing 50-70k more dps (without good legendaries).

I've tried to get to where I like playing MM again but I've come to terms with the fact that no amount of getting used to it will change the fact that MM is garbage to play now.

BM now feels more like MM did in WoD than MM does now so I actually like playing BM. (Until I look at the meters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Played hunter since vanilla as main, and for the first time I am thinking of moving to another class.. to much downtime even with BM and MM is just meh.

I am really disappointed with the hunter play style right now. It feels very incomplete (talking mm since I don't play the other specs). I think Survival hunter during Mop was, for me, the most fun time to be a hunter. The play style was easy but kind of interesting. You had a couple dots to maintain and chaining procs off of black arrow was really fun. Now all the spells feel very similar - the class feels pretty much like its missing something or somethings