Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    I agree but I still think they should at least cover the race in some way. They are completely ignoring pve which is a big part of the game.
    The ones in the race do everything in their power to not show anything. How is that Blizzard's fault?

I agree but I still think they should at least cover the race in some way. They are completely ignoring pve which is a big part of the game.
    I agree on this one, as I said earlier, some form of acknowledgement, coverage and PR would be a nice thingy to have.

For example, announcing who killed a boss legitimately, who screwed up and exploited , who won the race, etc, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    It's amuses me, how hardcore players justify thier actions and blaming Blizzard for that. I lol'd.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thought that. "Oh Blizzard doesn't care about Hardcore PvE race, wah wah wah." "We have to exploit because everyone else is doing it!" "Oh we have to share accounts because I got a "bad" set of legendaries!" "Oh we have to sell runs for real money because how else can we afford to play for 14+ hours a day 7 days a week?"

Basically, it all boils down to "I want to play games for over half the day and have Blizzard pay me to do that. Exploiting to make it look like I am the best and only one that can do that is just par for the course and as long as I'm not banned, that's all that matters."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I agree on this one, as I said earlier, some form of acknowledgement, coverage and PR would be a nice thingy to have.

For example, announcing who killed a boss legitimately, who screwed up and exploited , who won the race, etc, etc...
    Don't we have that already? Genuinely asking, only follow it on MMOC.

To be honest I feel that statement very, very much. I never progressed into world top 10, but I did push up to US top 30. Even at that rank, it was a ton of work, a ton of hours, and ultimately NOBODY GAVE A SHIT. Worse, a lot of the time you received flat out negative comments. No lifer, tryhard, blahblahblah, shit talking from LFR heroes. I'm talking random whispers from people who just inspected you in a town, or saw your guild tag.

IMO only an insane person would still participate. No small wonder it is dying. Casual, fancy-chatroom mode WoW FTW. Now I just use it for easy content and keeping in touch with college and old raiding friends, and my account is deactivated half the time.

My two cents on it. IDGAF if they were cheating, blizz should do more QA before releasing new bosses instead of using top end guilds to find the issues for them then dragging them publicly after they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Don't we have that already? Genuinely asking, only follow it on MMOC.
    Officially? No, Blizz themselves do nothing to cover world-first race, no leaderboards (ofc, there's wowprogress, but its existance didn't stop Blizzard from adding their own M+ leaderboards), no announcements, nothing, only fansites do it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's clear they are talking about the high end raiding guild scene as a whole.
    Yeah, duh, it wasn't Exorsus that sold runs for money, it was Exorsus' friend, someone you don't know, and Exorsus tried to tell them it was very wrong but they just wouldn't listen.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Buhu.. We cheated with Archimonde but wasn't allowed to cheat with Helya..

There is not a single fight in the game, that requires players to die (EDIT: from avoidable death).. NOT ONE...
    If you feel you need to let a player die, then you are using the wrong approach..
    It's one game when you're trying to beat something 1st.

It's a totally diferent game when you're trying to beat something while overgearing it (probably your example).

When you want to beat it 1st (you know, race for world 1st, lol), you will have to deal with a boss tuned for a higher ilvl than your raid have, because it's the intended way for most players, to keep farming initial bosses to increase their power and have an easier time on final bosses.

That's why they prefer to use the resources avaiable (like a battle res) for a tank to keep dpsing the boss instead of dpsing a crystal. But as they said, the crystal will come back later (unlike Helya's breath).

They use their BRs avaiables for these, while the rest of the players use to fix their raid's mistakes (like dpsers standing on fire, lol).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that thought that. "Oh Blizzard doesn't care about Hardcore PvE race, wah wah wah." "We have to exploit because everyone else is doing it!" "Oh we have to share accounts because I got a "bad" set of legendaries!" "Oh we have to sell runs for real money because how else can we afford to play for 14+ hours a day 7 days a week?"

Basically, it all boils down to "I want to play games for over half the day and have Blizzard pay me to do that. Exploiting to make it look like I am the best and only one that can do that is just par for the course and as long as I'm not banned, that's all that matters."
    So, I guess that you have that mindset for the entirety of e-sports then?

Just a bunch of loosers wanting to play games for half the day while getting paid to do it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So those top guilds use exploits, break the ToS , kind of hate what they do (playing 6 alts, rerolling when you get 4 shit legendaries, etc.) and somehow feel they should be paid for it.

What I miss is the 'why'. What happens when they simply quit? It's just a small percentage of players that care about the race, most don't even know there is a race and won't care if it stops. I say just permaban their asses and be done with it. The carrying for real money does more bad for the game then the race does good, so bye bye.
    That's indeed a good point... why should anyone sponsor players that cheat???

But about the "small percentage that care", I'm surprised to still see people talking about who beat the latest boss 1st in the general/trade chats in the servers I play. Really doubt that knowing about it is a "small percentage".

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So they should go on twitch and stream their race? Is that what you're saying? Or they will only do it if Blizzard specifically pays them?
    They would like the pve race to be officially covered by blizzard with official rules, and one of this rules would be that they are forced to stream all of their progress. He also mentioned that it would be nice to have a prize pool for the winners like every other e-sport, to get more people involved in the race as not many people are willing to raid at that level at the moment. This is what I remember from the post at least but you can read it yourself.

I just don't get why you seem to be kind of mad that someone would like the game they play competitively to be an e-sport?

I really hope blizz will take over the WQGF, it should be in the game. would make the content and world more alive

Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    To be honest I feel that statement very, very much. I never progressed into world top 10, but I did push up to US top 30. Even at that rank, it was a ton of work, a ton of hours, and ultimately NOBODY GAVE A SHIT. Worse, a lot of the time you received flat out negative comments. No lifer, tryhard, blahblahblah, shit talking from LFR heroes. I'm talking random whispers from people who just inspected you in a town, or saw your guild tag.

IMO only an insane person would still participate. No small wonder it is dying. Casual, fancy-chatroom mode WoW FTW. Now I just use it for easy content and keeping in touch with college and old raiding friends, and my account is deactivated half the time.

My two cents on it. IDGAF if they were cheating, blizz should do more QA before releasing new bosses instead of using top end guilds to find the issues for them then dragging them publicly after they do.
    To be fair, such a small percentage of people care about who kills a boss first. The top end raiders are doing this to themselves. They created this so-called race. They don't have to spend 14+ hours a week. They are burning themselves out. They only have themselves to blame.

And I have played WoW off and on for 12 years. I don't care who kills a boss first, and they are finding out that others don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Makes sense though, the strategy would have worked and it only caused an "exploit" because the fight was broken. So the fight being broken meant that they had to change their perfectly valid strategy purely to avoid exploiting a broken mechanic. Ultimately if the fight was not buggy their strategy is perfectly valid.

Let me point out that one of the other banned guilds that is in full support of being banned because they... 1) saw that it was an exploint, and reported the bug 2) and avoiding it knowing that using that to kill the boss would be an exploit... said it was the tank dying when targeted by the breath. So the perfect valid strat that that they had to change was to 'not let the tank die' when he was targetd with the breath. Fight might have been broken, but it is something they should have been avoiding doing anyhow, sorry.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    But about the "small percentage that care", I'm surprised to still see people talking about who beat the latest boss 1st in the general/trade chats in the servers I play. Really doubt that knowing about it is a "small percentage".
    The people talking in chat is by definition a small percentage. The rest of the players is actually playing Most people I've met have trade/general chat turned of since an hour after entering the main city for the first time ever

Blizzard once said that most players don't have any character at level cap (can't find the exact number atm). I think it's a safe assumption that those people don't know and/or care about 'the race'. That's already a majority right there.

And the people who do care, would they quit when there is no more race? I doubt it. They are usually very vocal, but in the end the race has no direct impact on their game, so I doubt they'd actually quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgarrin View Post
    To be fair, such a small percentage of people care about who kills a boss first. The top end raiders are doing this to themselves. They created this so-called race. They don't have to spend 14+ hours a week. They are burning themselves out. They only have themselves to blame.

And I have played WoW off and on for 12 years. I don't care who kills a boss first, and they are finding out that others don't either.
    Exactly my thoughts - No one is forcing anyone to play 4 alts because of legendary drops. Someone will always be first - if you want to commit the time and effort it is your choice. You can't live from that? Well then you need to get a job and work for money like we all do. I personally don't mind if it takes 1 week, 2 weeks or 2 months. This competition is only as hard as those top guilds created it.
    Remember Lich King? People QQ that it takes a lot of tries to kill a boss. Blizzard limited amount of tries. Top guilds made a lot of alts to have a lot of tries.

Deleted
    So did every top raiding guild use this exploit? Even Method?

That reddit post sounds like a whole lot of whining from some of the most cancerous elements of the WoW community.

Deleted
    They would like the pve race to be officially covered by blizzard with official rules, and one of this rules would be that they are forced to stream all of their progress. He also mentioned that it would be nice to have a prize pool for the winners like every other e-sport, to get more people involved in the race as not many people are willing to raid at that level at the moment. This is what I remember from the post at least but you can read it yourself.

I just don't get why you seem to be kind of mad that someone would like the game they play competitively to be an e-sport?
    They would need addon restrictions, no access to ptr as testing on there gives a pretty huge insight to the bosses from 1st hand experience and what others stream. Its alotof work for something that is only a competition between a small circle of guilds as it requires alot of time and sacrifice to even be able to compete. PvP on the other hand you just need the ability and you can compete.

Im sure many would like what they enjoy to be an esport. But you can just demand game devs make it a competition because you decide to spend and what many deem as unreasonable for nothing other than bragging rights to a small circle within the playerbase.
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-11-24 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Turns out that WoW raiding is like Tour De France, everyone's a dope.

Look at Exorsus trying to justify their exploiting of the bug. No surprise there.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-11-24 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    if you exploit you are in the wrong no justification, there lucky blizzard are soft on bans now cos if this was like 4 expansions ago they would have been perma banned,